Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess it took almost two weeks for it to reach Manila from Missassaugua.....anyway, congrats again and good luck ;D
blestcheche said:
manila visa office ddoboro... :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on that! Two weeks is very very fast to approve sponsorship....it is roughly a month but can often be more so you have nothing to be nervous about.

The sponsorship approval comes sometimes via email, sometimes in the mail.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: consistency is not CIC's strongsuit.

I feel for you and your spouse. I am blessed enough to be living with my spouse during this process as I'm here on a student visa and believe me I feel grateful. Having your spouse visit you during the process is something plenty of other people have done though....you should check out the threads specific to Singapore and visiting.

Lleviathan said:
Phew, I finally received the approval to be a sponsor today. It took them over two weeks to approve me, and I was getting nervous. We never received an email at all. Not sure why, but we did get the letter in the mail.

I can't believe some of the struggles others have been going through. Keep up the spirits and try not to let your stomach get into too may knots.

Now I have to wait to begin the LONG wait for Singapore. They're currently averaging 20 months to process. I can't imagine 20 more months without my wife. Has anyone had experience with having their family member visit Canada while waiting?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah....I believe this is great advice, especially the ties to the home country part.
trini777 said:
Well a lot of people have travelled when they already have a visitor visa for Canada or they are from a visa exempt country. I have heard that if the person does not already have one then it may be hard to get it after the application is in process. But i stil believe you can try for yourself. If she does get it she will be able to stay for up to 6mths at a time. Make sure that she has significant ties to the country so that they will not think she will overstay her time.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, sorry to be hijacking the thread or something, but I wanted to share that my CSQ from Quebec finally came in the mail. It's dated as being issued June 29, so I've updated my stats for my profile!

Anyone heard anything from British Bulldog?

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
Same with blestcheche .. application received in Manila office, July 4 :)

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
Hey Lleviathan when you sent in your application did you have a job while out of the country and staying with your wife? or did you get approved as sponsor without a job?

ferrer29

May 11, 2011
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
AOR Received.
Received at CEM 11-07-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
@ blestcheche and sthomas:

yey! now we know where your apps are. I hope mine's next! I'm basing my timeline on yours as mine was sent to CEM on June 22. =) COngrats! Good luck on the next stage! ;D

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
July 12, 2011 (Appendix A, PP, Libyan Police Clearance
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
ddobro2 said:
Ok, sorry to be hijacking the thread or something, but I wanted to share that my CSQ from Quebec finally came in the mail. It's dated as being issued June 29, so I've updated my stats for my profile!

Anyone heard anything from British Bulldog?
WHat is the PR processing time in Buffalo ddobro2? Manila is 9-12mos.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Well I double checked and it seems I can send a copy of the form ;D

My husband is going to fax me today and I will return the application tomorrow :D

;D ;D ;D Can I stress this anymore?? LOL

I did not want the application to be arriving there during Ramadan but knowing it will actually be getting there is a relief. After I know it is there I think I can handle more of a wait..... maybe ::) ...LOL

Sorry I have not been following much but congrats to all who have either been approved as sponsor or finally received AOR!! :D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The processing time for Buffalo, as per this chart in the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp, is 11 months. But back in May I ran some statistics off of a spreadsheet of only Buffalo folks (there were 41 applicants, I think), and I found the mean length of time between application filing and PPR was 5 months and the min and max were 2 months and 11.6 months, respectively. I don't know (or really care) what's going on with Buffalo - I suspect they are getting increasingly backlogged. I'm starting to think that a bit of "ignorance is bliss" is healthy in this whole endeavor. Oh and when I was in the Buffalo outland thread I saw someone post "Man, Buffalo is inconsistent." Lol, you got that right.

arian74 said:
WHat is the PR processing time in Buffalo ddobro2? Manila is 9-12mos.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Where is my ecas update?? I dont have any idea of what's going on with our PR application! No word from Accra.
:'( :'( :'( :'(