Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
Unfortunately, ecas is not that reliable, so I wouldn't worry too much!

It's only as good as the immigration officer(s) processing your file and whether or not they can be bothered to update it.

Congrats dair on finally getting your application back! Hope you get approved very soon. I've heard of people getting approved 2-3 days after sending it back to CPC-M

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
Darque said:

It's only as good as the immigration officer(s) processing your file and whether or not they can be bothered to update it.

Congrats dair on finally getting your application back! Hope you get approved very soon. I've heard of people getting approved 2-3 days after sending it back to CPC-M
I sent mine back last week and it arrived on Wednesday (13th July). My partner received an email this morning saying he has been approved for sponsorship. I was so happy and relieved I burst into tears.

So hopefully Dair won't have to wait to long either.

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
Eswiz said:
I sent mine back last week and it arrived on Wednesday (13th July). My partner received an email this morning saying he has been approved for sponsorship. I was so happy and relieved I burst into tears.
Hurray! Fantastic news! Good luck with the rest of the process :D

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
most of the visa offices receive the applications in about 1-2 weeks. the difference is that some of them arent as efficient as others and take forever to send you and AOR, and sometimes they dont send it at all.

spicymum said:
Where is my ecas update?? I dont have any idea of what's going on with our PR application! No word from Accra.
:'( :'( :'( :'(

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eswiz said:

Im really happy for you!! Now you are back on track. Good luck

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Darque said:

Thanks for the encouragement, Darque. Not knowing is killing me. I wonder if the Call Centre will know something; I tried to call them but they were too busy and wouldnt transfer my call to a Representative. I plan to call Thurs or Friday, their supposedly less-busy days. Fingers crossed. :'(

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
trini777 said:
most of the visa offices receive the applications in about 1-2 weeks. the difference is that some of them arent as efficient as others and take forever to send you and AOR, and sometimes they dont send it at all.
I hope that is the case with mine (ie the 1-2 weeks timeline). I am just so worried cos the telephone network as well as local post systems in my husband's place is crappy, at best. (Should they be sending him a letter over there, even though I used my Calgary address as his contact address??? :-\) If they tried to contact him and couldnt, or if the letter never gets to him (assuming they send him one over there, which I am hoping not), then how do I know something is wrong??!! I understand they will be contacting him next (the applicant). Im afraid besides emails, I do not trust the reliability of any other means of CIC communicating with him (except of course they send his letters to the contact addy we had stated - my address).

Was hoping that ecas might be a way to keep track of communications with him (assuming something went wrong) but I am learning otherwise.

Not knowing is a killer. :'(

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Eswiz said:

Congrats Eswiz.
Hope Dair gets hers even faster.

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ferrer29 said:
@ blestcheche and sthomas:

yey! now we know where your apps are. I hope mine's next! I'm basing my timeline on yours as mine was sent to CEM on June 22. =) COngrats! Good luck on the next stage! ;D

yours is gonna be very soon... i hope manila visa office will work on the Maybies applicant fast enough...

let us all enjoy the waiting... cheers!!

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
spicymum said:
Where is my ecas update?? I dont have any idea of what's going on with our PR application! No word from Accra.
:'( :'( :'( :'(
Ours arrived in Manila last July 4 but got an ecas update just yesterday (July 19) ... So maybe you will get yours in a week. :)

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
Eswiz said:

That is good news. :) Congrats!!! Yeap, hope Dair won't have to wait too long.....

Lleviathan

May 23, 2011
Airdrie, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
kourts said:
Hey Lleviathan when you sent in your application did you have a job while out of the country and staying with your wife? or did you get approved as sponsor without a job?
I was approved without a job, and I had been unemployed in the 12 months prior. I had to put that I was unemployed on my application. I sent in my Option C printouts even though I had only worked a half year and not made much money for that tax return. On top of that, I was self employed (in the arts) before leaving to stay in Thailand, and proving income is always harder when you're self employed. I made mention of some of my past contracts and just said that I was already talking to employers and had not had problems getting contracts in the past. I did not include any financial statements, because the forms didn't ask for them. I had been really worried about not including financials, but it seems like they approved me anyway.

So hopefully that makes a few people less nervous about the financial requirements for spouses. Basically, I was in a poor financial position (unemployed, low previous income, modest RRSP and a pretty full line of credit), and I was approved. As far as I know, I have a very good credit rating, which may have helped.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
sthomas said:
Ours arrived in Manila last July 4 but got an ecas update just yesterday (July 19) ... So maybe you will get yours in a week. :)
Fingers crossed...fingers crossed.
Thanks sthomas.

Lleviathan

May 23, 2011
Airdrie, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
ddobro2 said:
Congrats on that! Two weeks is very very fast to approve sponsorship....it is roughly a month but can often be more so you have nothing to be nervous about.

The sponsorship approval comes sometimes via email, sometimes in the mail.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: consistency is not CIC's strongsuit.

I feel for you and your spouse. I am blessed enough to be living with my spouse during this process as I'm here on a student visa and believe me I feel grateful. Having your spouse visit you during the process is something plenty of other people have done though....you should check out the threads specific to Singapore and visiting.
Oh, the whole process was about 53 days - we were listed as "In process" for two weeks, which I thought was long. If it was shorter than normal, then great!

Thanks everyone for the tips on visiting. It may be that I end up going back to Thailand while we wait. We're trying to figure that out right now.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Lleviathan said:
Oh, the whole process was about 53 days - we were listed as "In process" for two weeks, which I thought was long. If it was shorter than normal, then great!

Thanks everyone for the tips on visiting. It may be that I end up going back to Thailand while we wait. We're trying to figure that out right now.
Do you mean first step is taking 53 days so far or you mean the second step??