Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahhh okay! Thanks for clearing that up.
sthomas said:
PC - Police Clearance

Arian74s husband was working somewhere in Middle east I guess ( I forgot) and they were asked to submit the police clearance within 45 days.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Received the application finally :) but...There is always a BUT with immigration. ::)

It was not the problem they told me. It was not missing any Not Applicable. It was a question that said Not Applicable and my husband did not sign it as it required... :-\

So I filled out a new form online, scanned and emailed it to him. Now have to wait till he has the money to FedEx it back to me since it costs half a month of his wages to send it. :(

So that is the update for now...but I am still avoiding this site as much as possible. My heart aches thinking about all this. 6 months and still no further ahead.

I am still happy for everyone and sending best wishes to all. I hope we are all reunited sooner than later. :)

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
sthomas said:
@ Ferrer

Not a PPR, it is just that last night this thread cannot almost be seen anymore because it is already at the bottom. So, I have to post a message to get it back to the top. ;D :p
Lol.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Received the application finally :) but...There is always a BUT with immigration. ::)

It was not the problem they told me. It was not missing any Not Applicable. It was a question that said Not Applicable and my husband did not sign it as it required... :-\

So I filled out a new form online, scanned and emailed it to him. Now have to wait till he has the money to FedEx it back to me since it costs half a month of his wages to send it. :(

So that is the update for now...but I am still avoiding this site as much as possible. My heart aches thinking about all this. 6 months and still no further ahead.

I am still happy for everyone and sending best wishes to all. I hope we are all reunited sooner than later. :)
Hi Dair! Good to hear from you. :)

Glad U got Ur package back, about time.

The good thing is that U get a chance to go thru Ur application package a few more times, to make sure nothing is wrong with it/missing from it. Also, U can add stuff to it that U might have learnt about since the last time U sent out the package. I know I learnt quite a few from this forum since I sent ours out, most of which I wish I had known earlier; also found some "proof of relationship" items that I had not known about and wish desperately that I could include in our application. So thats a silver lining for U.

Sad though that U have to wait a bit before Ur husband can send the package back. I was just wondering if U had a Fedex account, U might be able to have him send U the package and Fedex can charge that to Ur account. I know I have done that a few times in the past, I am not sure if they still do that or if Fedex just exercised their discretion for me at the time cos I was friends with the guys at their location near my home but it would not hurt to ask. If this was something U could take advantage of, I think it might save U a few days' delay and give U a bit more peace of mind with this already nerve-wrecking process.

Hang in there, friend. :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my God, I feel for you. I can't believe they gave you a wrong reason for the return though. I sincerely hope this is the last setback in this process for you and your husband. I can't believe he will be out so much money to send this back and I wish there were some cheaper way to do it. May you continue to have strength together to get through this and the coming Ramadan (from someone who knows on that lastbit ;). We're thinking of you here, Dair, but you go ahead and take time off if you need to.

dair2dv8103100 said:

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
spicymum said:
Hi Dair! Good to hear from you. :)

Glad U got Ur package back, about time.

The good thing is that U get a chance to go thru Ur application package a few more times, to make sure nothing is wrong with it/missing from it. Also, U can add stuff to it that U might have learnt about since the last time U sent out the package. I know I learnt quite a few from this forum since I sent ours out, most of which I wish I had known earlier; also found some "proof of relationship" items that I had not known about and wish desperately that I could include in our application. So thats a silver lining for U.

Sad though that U have to wait a bit before Ur husband can send the package back. I was just wondering if U had a Fedex account, U might be able to have him send U the package and Fedex can charge that to Ur account. I know I have done that a few times in the past, I am not sure if they still do that or if Fedex just gve me a discretion cos I was friends with the guys at their location near my home but it would not hurt to ask. If this wsa something U could take advantage of, I think it might save U a few days' delay and give U a bit more peace of mind with this already nerve-wrecking process.

Hang in there, friend. :)
Actually rjessome just informed me that immigration does not require the original so he can simple scan and email or fax it to me. But in the Appendix A it states this form must be the original?? So I will have to confirm that.

Yes, I have taken the opportunity to look through the completely messed up applications...LOL...I can't believe were I found certain things. Totally out of order!! They also do not return your checklist so I had to print another and go through it all again. I called CIC-M to make sure they were aware that I did not receive the checklist or receipt back and the operator said this was normal..... ??

My response to that was... WHY? Why would you not send that back?...and if you have kept it in some file somewhere....why would you not just send back the form that has the missing information?? Why would you send my photos and proof of relationship and MY application when it was a form in HIS application with the problem? I am so confused by their practices. Because even if it was a case where I decided to change my mind....they only give you 90 days to return the required information....so if they have not heard from you in 90 days...then they can send it all back, instead of chancing losing it all in the mail they could have sent it in a regular envelope for a fraction of the cost!!

Oh my gosh and another thing...(while I am venting after spending so much time away :p ) I will quote my letter:

"Completed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the sponsored person and each family member 18 years of age or over. Please note that the IMM 5406 must be completed and signed by each family member 18 years of age or older whether they are accompanying or not accompanying your relative to Canada."

Does this not make it sound like ALL the family members must fill out and sign this form?? I have in the mean time gotten confirmation from several places that ONLY MY HUSBAND has to sign this form wherever applicable but come on!! Could you make it any more confusing for us already stressed out folks. My husband has a brother in Boston that has not contacted his family in years. How the blue blazes was I gonna get him to fill out and sign this form?? LOL Anyway, the good thing is that it only requires my husbands signature. :)

Ok, done for now. I am too tired and have too much work to do to be able to put much focus into this today.

Hope things are going well for others. And thanks for the supportive words and thoughts. It is appreciated :-* I am sure thankful for this forum!!

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Actually rjessome just informed me that immigration does not require the original so he can simple scan and email or fax it to me. But in the Appendix A it states this form must be the original?? So I will have to confirm that.

Yes, I have taken the opportunity to look through the completely messed up applications...LOL...I can't believe were I found certain things. Totally out of order!! They also do not return your checklist so I had to print another and go through it all again. I called CIC-M to make sure they were aware that I did not receive the checklist or receipt back and the operator said this was normal..... ??

My response to that was... WHY? Why would you not send that back?...and if you have kept it in some file somewhere....why would you not just send back the form that has the missing information?? Why would you send my photos and proof of relationship and MY application when it was a form in HIS application with the problem? I am so confused by their practices. Because even if it was a case where I decided to change my mind....they only give you 90 days to return the required information....so if they have not heard from you in 90 days...then they can send it all back, instead of chancing losing it all in the mail they could have sent it in a regular envelope for a fraction of the cost!!

Oh my gosh and another thing...(while I am venting after spending so much time away :p ) I will quote my letter:

"Completed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the sponsored person and each family member 18 years of age or over. Please note that the IMM 5406 must be completed and signed by each family member 18 years of age or older whether they are accompanying or not accompanying your relative to Canada."

Does this not make it sound like ALL the family members must fill out and sign this form?? I have in the mean time gotten confirmation from several places that ONLY MY HUSBAND has to sign this form wherever applicable but come on!! Could you make it any more confusing for us already stressed out folks. My husband has a brother in Boston that has not contacted his family in years. How the blue blazes was I gonna get him to fill out and sign this form?? LOL Anyway, the good thing is that it only requires my husbands signature. :)

Ok, done for now. I am too tired and have too much work to do to be able to put much focus into this today.

Hope things are going well for others. And thanks for the supportive words and thoughts. It is appreciated :-* I am sure thankful for this forum!!

Hey Dair! It is definitely a good idea to confirm from the Call Centre about sending a non-original copy of the form. I know that the only form I could send a copy of was the Sponsorship Agreement (Im not sure if thats the form U were referring to). We dont want CIC sending Ur application back for another reason. :eek:

Now, I am wondering whether to take any info received from the CIC Call Centre with a pinch of salt, considering that they were not able to accurately inform U on the reason why your package had been returned in the first place. Or was it just that U were "lucky" to speak with one lazy employee who jumped at the sight of "Not Applicable" somewhere in the notes. ???

Yes, that "Family Member" thing can be quite confusing. Good thing U figured it out.

U get a second chance to fix things; we dont. So that is definitely a good thing.

Hurry up and send it back though.

I read on this forum of someone who had their package returned and got sponsorship approval 2 days after they returned the application package to CIC. So thats good to know U will be back on the "waiting list" with us all very quickly.

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dair2dv8103100 said:

Im really sorry to hear that and i know something of how this would feel. My application was sent in almost at the end of may(1 and ah half mths later than expected) because of a problem with my police check, no fault of my own just incorrect spelling by the officials. This burned me so much and finally i decided that maybe there was a reason fro this. Look at it this way, maybe you are being saved form having an a**hole of a VO. Maybe the person who is going to look at it now will be a lot nicer and promt.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
OK...I called CIC-M to confirm whether a copy would be sufficient, because on the Appendix A checklist it specifically says that the first 5 forms have to be originals (IMM 5406 is one of these forms). The girl I spoke to was very nice and told me yes...this would have to be an original.

So I told her that I had some advice from an immigration consultant that a copy would be acceptable and I said so I can tell this person that no we actually need originals? Can you believe this....then she actually said...."umm well, I guess it would depend on the officer." :eek: ?? ?? ?? ?? WHAT?? Then she proceeded to tell me that immigration consultants where not government employees...and I am thinking ... and thats makes a difference how?? because apparently you don't know the answer either and you ARE a government employee!!
:-\

Really I feel like I am wading in water without being able to see where the drop off is and I have sharks nibbling at my heels. I must keep moving but I have no idea if I am gonna be eaten or fall off the cliff and drown.....
:-\

I have asked rjessome to give me some solid proof that the copy will work. Otherwise I will wait till tomorrow and just try to find a $100 to send to my husband so he can get the original in the mail sooner than later.

Please God just let me get through this with half a brain left so be able to enjoy something with my husband....... :-[

Yes, spicymum, I am lucky to have a second look at it. Although I don't see anything more I can really add. Other than adding a few more months of conversations to prove we are still communicating. We are also going to start a family book but that is not started yet to be able to show the proof of that. I figure he can take this with him if they ask for more proof or for an interview. I was really surprised how messed up it was!! Or maybe I am just anal about it because of how much time and effort we have put in. :p

Thanks Trini ;D you are always so positive and I appreciate it. You are right that usually these things are put in our way for a reason. God knows best......we just have to be patient.

Lleviathan

May 23, 2011
Airdrie, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Phew, I finally received the approval to be a sponsor today. It took them over two weeks to approve me, and I was getting nervous. We never received an email at all. Not sure why, but we did get the letter in the mail.

I can't believe some of the struggles others have been going through. Keep up the spirits and try not to let your stomach get into too may knots.

Now I have to wait to begin the LONG wait for Singapore. They're currently averaging 20 months to process. I can't imagine 20 more months without my wife. Has anyone had experience with having their family member visit Canada while waiting?

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well a lot of people have travelled when they already have a visitor visa for Canada or they are from a visa exempt country. I have heard that if the person does not already have one then it may be hard to get it after the application is in process. But i stil believe you can try for yourself. If she does get it she will be able to stay for up to 6mths at a time. Make sure that she has significant ties to the country so that they will not think she will overstay her time.

stella0

Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally AOR updated on ecas on July 13 and it was actually recieved June 24. But still no e-mail or mail recieved from immigration canada.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
stella0 said:
Finally AOR updated on ecas on July 13 and it was actually recieved June 24. But still no e-mail or mail recieved from immigration canada.
When were you approved from CPC-M??

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats bestbleche.....your application at your VO office, I take it.

blestcheche said:
my ecas was updated... it now states that my application was received July 4, 2011

awesome