Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
spicymum said:
At least we should be grateful that we have jobs, family, etc to keep us focused and moving. I know I would go crazy if I didnt.

Dont I envy U for having plans for Urself for the summer. My daughter is not yet two years old, so I dont think she will be going anywhere without me. I wish she could, sometimes... (does that make me a bad mother? ::) )

Big ups to U on hitting the gymn. I wish I could find the strength or will. :'(
Oh yes....if I did not have my job I would be a basket case...well worse than I am already anyway..LOL

Yes I am fortunate that my daughter is 10 (raised her alone from 4 months old). She is going to camp for a couple weeks and will stay with her dad and grandparents a lot of the time because I still have to work through the summer. But I remember the days when she was that age and Mum Mum Mum was all I heard.

And NOT A CHANCE in response to the "bad Mother"....I still get little twinges of excitement on Fri when I know she is going to her dads and I am going to be able to sleeeeeeeep on Sat morning :p

As for the gym...well...honestly I have MUCH to lose and last year I lost 45 lbs before a major surgery that ended up causing a lot of longer term problems in which I gained it back. Now I figure I won't be as anxious (yea right) or at least it is a different reason. I would like to surprise hubby with the change when I go to bring him home next year.

If anyone is in SW Ontario and knows some nice day trip places that are not too pricey I am looking for ideas for the summer to keep my daughter occupied when I do have her.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Darque said:
MICC is "Stage 2" sponsor approval for those applying to go live in Quebec. There is an extra 5 forms to fill in and $253 on top to pay ::)

I stopped updating the forum post chart as malirca has done a fantastic job with the May spreadsheet :D
Thank you Darque...glad I am in Ontario ... :p

hheather_hh

Apr 2, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2011
AOR Received.
17-06-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
31-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
CIC website was updated today, 42 days processing working on applications received 5may...DARQUE that's you! as we learned last week these updates aren't always accurate, but at least moving along!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay, congrats
pdb1 said:
Sponsorship got approved today and file is being transferred to Buffalo...the first step is done and now the long wait starts. I hope Buffalo starts clearing the back log ASAP.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the word you're looking for is "solitude' ;) But anyway, hold on and just know that this is only temporary and a bit of a test from the authorities (and maybe from the Big authority up there if you believe in that) about your personal strength and the strength of your love. You sent in your app on the 19th so there's nothing to worry about....a week and a half from now when a month has gone by you may very well have the sponsorship approval. And the wait that will follow will not even compare to this one, from what I've observed. Is it possible to go to Morocco for a short trip?

dair2dv8103100 said:
I think I have gone into denial. I feel like this will always be the way our relationship will be. I don't even feel married really. I just go through my days in a haze with nothing to really show for it.

Wake up, go to work, go home, meet him online, make supper, do something with daughter, go to bed, wake up and do it all over again. Just surviving instead of living.

Yet other days I am excited and happy at the prospect of our life together.

I am insanely in love in an insane situation. Someone else having complete control over our lives.

When I swore I would never get married and then did I did not expect it to be a marriage of complete solitarinesness (if there is even such a word...LOL)

Anyway, just a down day....I am really happy for those who have heard and I wish them all the best as they move onto the next stage!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MICC is for the Quebec applicants, who have to be "selected" by the province as well as approved to be a PR of Canada (Quebec is special ::) and has its own set of rules concerning immigration). Refers to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles. If you guys don't recognize the acronym, chances are you're not going to apply through Quebec either....

dair2dv8103100 said:
I know what you mean....by the spreadsheet here I am the only one applying to Rabat...but I know this cannot be possible. I would love to have more people to compare and chat with along the way that are in the same office.

I would love to know what MICC Approval is too ... :D

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Oh yes....if I did not have my job I would be a basket case...well worse than I am already anyway..LOL

Yes I am fortunate that my daughter is 10 (raised her alone from 4 months old). She is going to camp for a couple weeks and will stay with her dad and grandparents a lot of the time because I still have to work through the summer. But I remember the days when she was that age and Mum Mum Mum was all I heard.

And NOT A CHANCE in response to the "bad Mother"....I still get little twinges of excitement on Fri when I know she is going to her dads and I am going to be able to sleeeeeeeep on Sat morning :p

As for the gym...well...honestly I have MUCH to lose and last year I lost 45 lbs before a major surgery that ended up causing a lot of longer term problems in which I gained it back. Now I figure I won't be as anxious (yea right) or at least it is a different reason. I would like to surprise hubby with the change when I go to bring him home next year.

If anyone is in SW Ontario and knows some nice day trip places that are not too pricey I am looking for ideas for the summer to keep my daughter occupied when I do have her.

U raised your daughter alone since she was that little! Wow! And I thought I was strong. :eek:

Nice idea to surprise the hubby. Even that is not motivation enough for me to hit the gymn. I do try to walk and take the stairs rather than elevators, but thats all the work-out I get in a day. lol.

And goodluck with finding Summer day trip places!

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Darque said:
MICC is "Stage 2" sponsor approval for those applying to go live in Quebec. There is an extra 5 forms to fill in and $253 on top to pay ::)

I stopped updating the forum post chart as malirca has done a fantastic job with the May spreadsheet :D
Thanks for the info, Darque! :)

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
pdb1 said:
Sponsorship got approved today and file is being transferred to Buffalo...the first step is done and now the long wait starts. I hope Buffalo starts clearing the back log ASAP.
Congrats to U! Yay! We are moving along, the May 2011 "team". :)
Veryyyyyyy slowly, though. :'(

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
hheather_hh said:
CIC website was updated today, 42 days processing working on applications received 5may...DARQUE that's you! as we learned last week these updates aren't always accurate, but at least moving along!
Thats great! O how I wish that time would fly, just so we can start receiving our good news. :p

And goodluck Darque, we look forward to an update from U.

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
can i join the pity party today?
can so relate to you all, it is HARD!!

i have too much to do
have got to get this house decorated, tidied up etc to sell it
my wife is simultaneously doing the same with our home in thunder bay
between work, my three kids, decorating, clearing out!!, daily tips to the trip
plus all the usual washing ironing cooking cleaning shopping school runs
i am going on about 4-5 hrs sleep at the moment
agggggggggghhh

*and breathe* lol

ooh i feel better for having a little vent :)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
I think the word you're looking for is "solitude' ;) But anyway, hold on and just know that this is only temporary and a bit of a test from the authorities (and maybe from the Big authority up there if you believe in that) about your personal strength and the strength of your love. You sent in your app on the 19th so there's nothing to worry about....a week and a half from now when a month has gone by you may very well have the sponsorship approval. And the wait that will follow will not even compare to this one, from what I've observed. Is it possible to go to Morocco for a short trip?
Thank you for the encouragment. Yes, I am a believer and I do believe this is a test....but to what end I have not yet learned or had insight to.

It took me 4 months to actually have everything together for the application which has added strain to the situation and I think being that I already had an online "romance" (I will say for lack of better word), before I met my husband that lasted 5 years and I said I am not interested in a relationship where I never see him face to face has played into this as we are half way to 5 years now again and I really, really do not want an online marriage. When I met my husband online it was strictly as friends. When he revealed feelings for me we both prayed very much to allow God to be the leader of this situation. So here I am 2.5 years later in the exact situation I ended the other "romance" for. I guess I am just trying to understand what God has obviously decided not to reveal to me yet.

I cannot even imagine the people who have to wait 12 months and more. I know I love this man. Everytime I talk to him I am at peace within and I know he is a good man. But I am not getting any younger either and we have no guarantee of tomorrow so how can I look forward to a year from now? I just never imagined a marriage like this and I can tell you it does not help when friends are always saying...."Oh I just don't know how you do it" and "It must be so hard!" and "I feel for you" ... :mad: I know it is best intentions and not knowing what to say...but I did politely say that I would rather not talk about it unless I bring it up.

I realise I must sound like a monster...and thats how I feel today. Trying to be patient as this phase passes and I can start to feel hopeful again. I really have no concerns about our application. I feel that my criteria meets the standards to be a sponsor and I also feel that our proof is sufficient so maybe that is why I struggle so much with the time frame since I am 100% confident and sure this relationship is genuine and sustainable and I JUST WANT TO GET ON WITH IT!! :-[

HAHAHA I am reading this over and laughing so much. Such a cranky butt I am today.

Let go and let God.......too bad I am only human. ::)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mittens said:
can i join the pity party today?
can so relate to you all, it is HARD!!

i have too much to do
have got to get this house decorated, tidied up etc to sell it
my wife is simultaneously doing the same with our home in thunder bay
between work, my three kids, decorating, clearing out!!, daily tips to the trip
plus all the usual washing ironing cooking cleaning shopping school runs
i am going on about 4-5 hrs sleep at the moment
agggggggggghhh

*and breathe* lol

ooh i feel better for having a little vent :)
Yes isn't it great :p and I totally hear you and appreciate the agggggggggghhh

I just wrote a book and looked back over it and had a good laugh. Really such a cry baby today.

I will just use my old stand by on myself today....."Suck it up buttercup!!"

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmmm

i think i might have to vent here a lil bit too lol

i am here in canada with my husband and we are waiting for "the" processing to be over. I, like all of you, am confident that we have all the sufficient records and documentations that would prove that our relationship is for real. the long wait is really killing me as I can't work until i get the permanent residency. How bad it is? Well, i've got nothing else to do. i cant even work. we are in a small city and no one would wanna hire a foreign worker and go through the process of acquiring a work visa. so i have no choice but to wait painfully. i sometimes pick up a fight with my hubby for entertainment (crazy, I know right...)

Oh well, i am just as hopeful as everyone here for a speedy process. but since there is not much that I can do about it, ill just wait patiently and hope for the best. our time will come. before we know it.. we already have our visas in our hands. let's just all enjoy the journey. i know it's hard. but it's gonna be sooooo worth it..

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
spicymum said:
U raised your daughter alone since she was that little! Wow! And I thought I was strong. :eek:

Nice idea to surprise the hubby. Even that is not motivation enough for me to hit the gymn. I do try to walk and take the stairs rather than elevators, but thats all the work-out I get in a day. lol.

And goodluck with finding Summer day trip places!
Well right now because of a medical issue I am on a steroid..... it makes me want to eat everything in sight!!! I am not going to have a choice but to get back to the gym or I am not even going to be able to do the stairs soon !! LOL

Yes, it was a hard decision but I was able to take the time to really get to know myself and what I deserved in that time. I actually loved it when she was little and I was the only parent. I could raise her the way I felt best. Now I have to deal with the father and her coming home with ... "Mum, I hate black and french people." comments on her lips. Or "All Muslims are crazy". Oh yes...there are still people alive and brimming with racism and I have the great "priviledge" of having to reteach my daughter almost on a monthly basis about love and respect for all peoples and religions. (Just one clue to why I am no longer with him)

Oh well, I love my man and he loves me and I am going to hold on to that with both hands desparately.