+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Martial status change from married to divorce after COPR

Vishnutorres

Dec 7, 2018
If you divorce right after landing it will be assumed you did not update your status before landing. Then you could run into problems if you want to sponsor another spouse or when you go to apply for citizenship. When you lie once every subsequent application will be scrutinized more closely. CIC is only asking for honesty and in this case it sounds like they have already decided separation will happen.
Hi
Plz any update

Helpmee

Oct 27, 2018
Hie I need suggestion fron you, my aor is 1st 2018, in dec 2018 i got ppr, in jan i got divorce and informed cic to remove my accompanying spouse from application, they gave deadline of 6 month to submit divorce certificate, later i took one month extension and submitted timely. Its been 1.5 months, the additional documents are still being reviewed, my medical has also expired in btwn. Earlier i asked them for extention and now i mailed them to send re med request but they have not responded. Last week i confirmed from Ralph that eligibility, security and criminality recently recently passed, medical expired, no action required ar present and divorce docs received.My vo is NVDO and 10 days back I got response from Ottawa that my divorce documents have been received. kindly guide, what i should do. How long it will take to ger revised ppr

@rhuq007

Jan 22, 2020
Hie I need suggestion fron you, my aor is 1st 2018, in dec 2018 i got ppr, in jan i got divorce and informed cic to remove my accompanying spouse from application, they gave deadline of 6 month to submit divorce certificate, later i took one month extension and submitted timely. Its been 1.5 months, the additional documents are still being reviewed, my medical has also expired in btwn. Earlier i asked them for extention and now i mailed them to send re med request but they have not responded. Last week i confirmed from Ralph that eligibility, security and criminality recently recently passed, medical expired, no action required ar present and divorce docs received.My vo is NVDO and 10 days back I got response from Ottawa that my divorce documents have been received. kindly guide, what i should do. How long it will take to ger revised ppr
What’s your update now?

Amansethi86

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Hi all,
I applied for express entry With martial status as married and non accompanying spouse.
After receiving ITA only we decided to get divorced and applied for the same legally
Currently our case is pending in court and I have updated CIC about the same.
Now is that I have received my COPR with martial status as married and expiry date as 5-dec-18. I will not be able to land in Canada before end of November due to work.
It is expected that my divorce case will be finalised by end of October.
After updating CIC about my martial status change should I wait for their reply and get a updated COPR or can I land in Canada with the same COPR and show the necessarydocuments to the immigration officials
Kindly advise
Hi,

Did you actually land with copr with married written on that . What was the circumstances..I am also on the same boat. Kindly guide