Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
aha, looks like we may have a solution, my fiance is going to be moving to the Cancun area which is very close to Belize, both of us can cross over at the border from Mexico and get 30 day visas without hassle, marriage is easy there, very little requirements and its recognized in Canada ! And there is no one year waiting after divorce, so since my divorce should be complete by the end of June we could foreseeably get married in the September/October ! Oh I am sooo excited ! Thanks to Jamgirl that originally suggested going to another near by country :)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
missmymexi said:
aha, looks like we may have a solution, my fiance is going to be moving to the Cancun area which is very close to Belize, both of us can cross over at the border from Mexico and get 30 day visas without hassle, marriage is easy there, very little requirements and its recognized in Canada ! And there is no one year waiting after divorce, so since my divorce should be complete by the end of June we could foreseeably get married in the September/October ! Oh I am sooo excited ! Thanks to Jamgirl that originally suggested going to another near by country :)
How fantastic!!!! Congrats missmymexi :D

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Congrats! I´m glad you found a way!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
missmymexi said:
Congrats! So happy you were able to find a solution!! maybe I can be your flowergirl at the wedding lmao jokes! I wanna see a pic with you on your day and that big fat smile on your face. So happy for you!!

margarita esperanza

Apr 26, 2012
Hi! I am just reading through some of this, bored, waiting for news from the embassy... I just wanted to note that it seems there is a business by the border guards at the Chetumal/Belize border I wanted to warn you about. My husband and I tried to go to Belize last week for me to get another 6 months permission to stay in Mexico. When I arrived in December, I confirmed with an INM official that all I had to do was go to Belize/Guatemala/Cuba for a day. When leaving Mexico there is an office to check into on the way out, we stopped there and told them what we were doing, going to Belize. The officer told us that the law has changed and we are supposed to leave Mexico for a minimum of 10 days and that there is an exit fee leaving Belize of 200$USD. So, we decided not to go that day, and thought we should research it a bit. It was very hard to find information on this so the next day we went back to the border and asked a different border guard...we got the same story, just different details (that we must leave for 3 days and they will charge us $150USD to leave Belize when we decide to come back). We were also told we could avoid all of this by paying 1500 pesos for a stamp at the border. It was obviously all lies, designed to scare foreigners into giving them money. So, I just wanted to warn you, don't be fooled, I know now that the exit tax for Belize is only 20$ USD and they will try very hard to convince you you have no choice but to pay them or stay in Belize for 10 days...we weren't prepared for that. I never thought we would be lied to by an official in uniform at the border.
Have a great time in Belize!!

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
Oh dear, well thats not very reassuring, maybe we should try for Cuba ! Sorry to hear you had to go through all that, what a nightmare ! I dont know alot about belize, I had a friend who married there but they were both Canadian and went straight from Canada. We would certainly be coming from Mexico so maybe this isnt the best option for us .... The good news is we have nothing but time right now to think about and plan what we will do next ....