+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage certificate

Mar 11, 2016
Hi

I am from India. My marriage certificate would take a minimum of 2-3 months to be received. If I receive an ITA in between and would not be able to submit the marriage certificate within the 60 day period , what should be done ?

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Where do you live now? If you are in India, it takes exactly 2hours to get a marriage certificate, at the max my friends have received it in 4days. Why do you say it will take 2-3months?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
You can attach LOE saying that it will be available soon. Should not be an issue.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Mission_@canada said:
Hi

I am from India. My marriage certificate would take a minimum of 2-3 months to be received. If I receive an ITA in between and would not be able to submit the marriage certificate within the 60 day period , what should be done ?
As others have mentioned, try and see whether you can get it soon. If not you can submit a Letter of Explanation along with the proof showing that you have already applied for marriage certificate and also mention by when you expect to receive it.

Mar 11, 2016
Kumarp said:
Where do you live now? If you are in India, it takes exactly 2hours to get a marriage certificate, at the max my friends have received it in 4days. Why do you say it will take 2-3months?
I live in mumbai..the bmc ward is giving me an appointment only in June..where in india is it taking only 2 hrs to get ?

Mar 11, 2016
Stanlee said:
As others have mentioned, try and see whether you can get it soon. If not you can submit a Letter of Explanation along with the proof showing that you have already applied for marriage certificate and also mention by when you expect to receive it.
Alright..thank you

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
Got it in 1 hour

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Most of my friends and cousins got married in various parts of south India and have walked into the registrar office with all documents and got it done in few hours or at least days. My cousin sister recently got married in Chennai on Feb 19, walked into the registrar office on Feb 23 got it on the same day. But Mumbai is a pain, especially if you fall under "Special Marriages act". Walk into the registrar office again and try asking them if there are other ways, some staff might be able to provide help.

Mar 11, 2016
Hi

This is a quick update for anyone in mumbai facing a similar situation. Login to bmc's website mcgm.gov.in. Fill the online application form in citizen service. Take an appointment you would mostly get it within a week. Take the supporting documents and witness and visit your bmc ward. The form has to be approved by a bmc officer. For this if it hasn't been approved within a week visit the bmc office and speak to the officer in charge. With a little pleading it should be done immediately. One would receive the certificate in the email Id mentioned in the form.

Roh4some

Jun 27, 2018
Hi

This is a quick update for anyone in mumbai facing a similar situation. Login to bmc's website mcgm.gov.in. Fill the online application form in citizen service. Take an appointment you would mostly get it within a week. Take the supporting documents and witness and visit your bmc ward. The form has to be approved by a bmc officer. For this if it hasn't been approved within a week visit the bmc office and speak to the officer in charge. With a little pleading it should be done immediately. One would receive the certificate in the email Id mentioned in the form.
Dear Friend,

I know you have posted this long back. I am in the same situation as you and based in Dubai. I have visited the website you mentioned but fail to understand if this form is for new marriage or for registering an old marriage as well. I was married in November 2017 and need a marriage license from govt. for submission. My religious wedding also took place in Jamshedpur but I am originally from Mumbai and my wife from Jamshedpur. In such case can I apply on this site? Thank you in advance

Regards Rohan