+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - April PNP PR Batch :)

hawkua

Star Member
May 27, 2014
You are in a better shape than I am - my medicals don't even show up on ECAS. I also did not pay RFRP or send RCMP with the application, so will have to wait for CIC's reminders.
I called the call center today and I was told that PR applications are moved from Sydney to Ottawa approximately 10 weeks after they receive applications. This means that our files should be in Ottawa now. As to the medicals, I was told that ECAS does not always update everything on time, so it's not very useful in tracking the status of our applications (except for major changes such as "in process" or "decision made"). Let's hope that in September case officers will be back from summer vacations and things will speed up a bit...

mfwpg said:
I'm expecting "In Process" in October/November and "Decision Made" in November/December like everyone else from April, the problem is that I did not send RCMP "screening" or fingerprints, so my application might be delayed for a while...

I would expect to be quicker if they don't ask for fingerprints since I've sent the application with upfront medicals & all paid fees... but I'm not sure of what to expect... anxiety is killing me...

Quite frankly I'm seeing a psychiatrist ;D :p :-\

Surrey100

Oct 8, 2013
Yellowknife, NT, CA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydeny
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28 September, 2016
AOR Received.
28 December, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront done on 3 October, 2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
hawkua said:
You are in a better shape than I am - my medicals don't even show up on ECAS. I also did not pay RFRP or send RCMP with the application, so will have to wait for CIC's reminders.
I called the call center today and I was told that PR applications are moved from Sydney to Ottawa approximately 10 weeks after they receive applications. This means that our files should be in Ottawa now. As to the medicals, I was told that ECAS does not always update everything on time, so it's not very useful in tracking the status of our applications (except for major changes such as "in process" or "decision made"). Let's hope that in September case officers will be back from summer vacations and things will speed up a bit...
Hey bro whats the call centre number to call cic

Kingjames0006

Mar 22, 2014
Hi guys good eve! Im an april applicant i just want to ask my status right now on ecas is "decision made" what does this means? Is my pr application on that status on ecas is 100 percent sure? Because i want to resign ryt now on my present work but this decision made pulls me
Off on resigning. Can you help me guys? Is it ok to file
My resignation while waiting on my passport? Thanks in advance and godbless

Surrey100

Oct 8, 2013
Yellowknife, NT, CA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydeny
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28 September, 2016
AOR Received.
28 December, 2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Kingjames0006 said:
Hi guys good eve! Im an april applicant i just want to ask my status right now on ecas is "decision made" what does this means? Is my pr application on that status on ecas is 100 percent sure? Because i want to resign ryt now on my present work but this decision made pulls me
Hey bro decision made means they have look after your file and has taken a decision on your case. Within a few days they will ask for your passport if everything is positive but dude sont change your job until you dont get everything positively done. Congratulations for it.

Bro can you tell me under what category you applied, single applicant or any dependant with you and are you inland or not? What date your application was received by cic

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Kingjames0006 said:

I am sorry to mention (but I am not 100% sure so just take my opinion as options)that there is really high chance for your application to be rejected if you are really April 2014, and in-land applicant :(
I have seen some applicants get fast decision made in this forum and all of them got rejected due to some reasons they have.
I have no idea what happened but they will contact you about what kind of decisions have been made and explain you why such decisions have been made

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
Kingjames0006 said:
Are you an inland applicant?

did you get 'in process'?

can you paste your ecase points here?

Your decision made so soon is surprising

hawkua

Star Member
May 27, 2014
From CIC website:

Call Centre services (if you are in Canada only)

Contact the Call Centre if you have submitted an application from within Canada and:

the normal processing time for your application has passed and
you cannot verify the status of your application using the online application status tool or
you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
you need urgent processing or
you would like to make a refugee claim

Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

Case specific enquiries form (available only if you submitted an application to an in-Canada office or online). If you sent your application outside of Canada please use the International case specific inquiry form for the mission where you applied.
Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about CIC programs, and check the status of your application.
Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

You must choose one of the first five recorded options before you can speak to an agent.

Note that agents cannot:
answer questions about application status once it is sent to a Canadian visa office outside Canada,
make decisions on applications, or
help process applications more quickly.

Surrey100 said:
Hey bro whats the call centre number to call cic

hawkua

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Some information that might be useful to other applicants. I requested information under the Privacy Act last month and got the data last Friday. I am not "In Process" just "Application Received", so apparently you can make a request before turning to in process.

My medical does not show up on ECAS (my medical was sent by the doctor's office in end of June), but in the file notes it shows that CIC received it immediately after the doctor's office sent it. ECAS is not updated fast enough, so information there is limited.

Most importantly, my file has a note: File has been identified in QA exercise, please do not process until further instructions. Ten days after that, there was another note: CPC-O PNP O&E entered - Destination Ontario - Officer review

I did not receive a request for additional documents, as other people who were part of the QA exercise. My guess is that CIC looked through my PNP Ontario file (I wonder what O&E stands for - maybe Errors and Omissions?). It looks like those of us applying under Ontario PNP were not lucky as CIC is doing this QA and it may take longer to process...

Even if your status is "Application Received", it does not meet the file just seats there. CIC is actually doing some work on it, like going through the criminal checks, etc. Finally, our files don't stay long at CIO, they are transferred to CPP-O shortly after your medicals are received. At least that's how it looks from my file.

mas123

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13march
AOR Received.
15april
Med's Request
15april
Med's Done....
21april
Passport Req..
7 may 2015
hawkua said:
Some information that might be useful to other applicants. I requested information under the Privacy Act last month and got the data last Friday. I am not "In Process" just "Application Received", so apparently you can make a request before turning to in process.

My medical does not show up on ECAS (my medical was sent by the doctor's office in end of June), but in the file notes it shows that CIC received it immediately after the doctor's office sent it. ECAS is not updated fast enough, so information there is limited.

Most importantly, my file has a note: File has been identified in QA exercise, please do not process until further instructions. Ten days after that, there was another note: CPC-O PNP O&E entered - Destination Ontario - Officer review

I did not receive a request for additional documents, as other people who were part of the QA exercise. My guess is that CIC looked through my PNP Ontario file (I wonder what O&E stands for - maybe Errors and Omissions?). It looks like those of us applying under Ontario PNP were not lucky as CIC is doing this QA and it may take longer to process...

Even if your status is "Application Received", it does not meet the file just seats there. CIC is actually doing some work on it, like going through the criminal checks, etc. Finally, our files don't stay long at CIO, they are transferred to CPP-O shortly after your medicals are received. At least that's how it looks from my file.
When did u order gcmc notes

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
hawkua said:

May I know if you have a full-time permanent job offered at the time you submitted the application to CIC? My friend also applied in March with Ontario Master Stream and he has no news until now.

hawkua

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Yes, I have a job in Toronto and I submitted the offer letter with my application. I guess that helps as Ontario PNP has all the other documents (transcripts, etc.) I just hope that QA will not delay processing after all...

Did your friend have his medicals done?

karenv said:
May I know if you have a full-time permanent job offered at the time you submitted the application to CIC? My friend also applied in March with Ontario Master Stream and he has no news until now.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
hawkua said:
Yes, I have a job in Toronto and I submitted the offer letter with my application. I guess that helps as Ontario PNP has all the other documents (transcripts, etc.) I just hope that QA will not delay processing after all...

Did your friend have his medicals done?
I just try to guess why some people were selected for the QA project and some are not. Maybe because you have a full-time permanent job offer; hence CIC removed the note for QA on your application.

My friend completed medical request in May and submitted police clearance in July, too. He didn't receive any other emails from CIC for additional documents.

Paopao599

Jul 29, 2014
I am wondering if I turned into permanent after submitting my application, should I send in an update even the company is the same? Some told me it could delay my application, but I also feel permanent job is a plus on my case. Any help is appreciated. :)

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Paopao599 said:
I am wondering if I turned into permanent after submitting my application, should I send in an update even the company is the same? Some told me it could delay my application, but I also feel permanent job is a plus on my case. Any help is appreciated. :)

I think there is nothing harm to let them know, just sent the documents from company that you are full time worker, permanently and let them know about it !!!