Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
sinp-nominee2014 said:
They are right the fees if 1000 for the LMIA. but one thing I don't understand is that you are PNP nominee you suppose to get WP under LMIA exempt category you shouldn't need to do this.

Hi! Im a PNP yes...Thats why I dont understand what this agent was talking about

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
Hi friends! If anybody can help me out, I would appreciate. The CIC agent was very rude that I hanged up the phone. He sounds irritated. They should not have applied to that job if they cant handle it. I just need some clarification on dealing with the LMIA. Im a PNP and have a close work permit. what should we do next.. This agents are useless

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
tinacraigg said:
Hi friends! If anybody can help me out, I would appreciate. The CIC agent was very rude that I hanged up the phone. He sounds irritated. They should not have applied to that job if they cant handle it. I just need some clarification on dealing with the LMIA. Im a PNP and have a close work permit. what should we do next.. This agents are useless
Apply for a closed work permit, and use the 230$ your employer paid for LMIA Exempt FOrm (Offer Letter Form) and apply for Closed WP based on your AOR and PNP Certificate.

1000$ is to apply for LMIA. You don't need that. You need to apply for LMIA Exempt!!

delgado77

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
AThind said:
Hi there,
I also applied for OWP online in april, current processing time is 68 days.Would you mind telling me that if you submitted online or paper application?
If you submit online there is no option for LMIA or any job offer as i have my medical results.
Thanks
Hi Athind,
I submitted online on March 4 and got approval letter yesterday.

sinp-nominee2014

Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Doc's Request.
Skipped
Nomination.....
06-2014
AOR Received.
08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
Late Jan 2015
Med's Request
8-2014
Med's Done....
08-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yet to come
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
tinacraigg said:
Tina , you need not to worry first of all, and calling CIC is more of waste of time and completely useless.

Your WP is set to expire on May 30th , you have many options, the best option is to apply for BOWP. you can apply for this right now.

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
sinp-nominee2014 said:
Tina , you need not to worry first of all, and calling CIC is more of waste of time and completely useless.

Your WP is set to expire on May 30th , you have many options, the best option is to apply for BOWP. you can apply for this right now.

Hi. But isnt BOWP is for Open WP only?

Sk_march

Feb 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cio-Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
Doc's Request.
21-05-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
tinacraigg said:
Hi. But isnt BOWP is for Open WP only?
Hi Tina ....
In ur refusal letter they asked you for LIMA .... Not for LIMA exempt form....so for that u hv to pay 1000 dollars... Did you get your work permit on LMO before....

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
Sk_march said:
Hi Tina ....
In ur refusal letter they asked you for LIMA .... Not for LIMA exempt form....so for that u hv to pay 1000 dollars... Did you get your work permit on LMO before....

hi...yes i renew my wp by uploading the supporting letter and pnp cert online. This year changed... I just want to know the right process...Was calling Call ctr all day..theyre very rude and not really a big help. I hope God will provide me more strenght with my misfortunes :(

Fad79

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
tinacraigg said:
hi...yes i renew my wp by uploading the supporting letter and pnp cert online. This year changed... I just want to know the right process...Was calling Call ctr all day..theyre very rude and not really a big help. I hope God will provide me more strenght with my misfortunes

Hi Tina, why you dont apply for BOWP you jus have to pay 100$ extra fees and you just neeed AOR they will not ask you about LIMO instead of close one

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
Fad79 said:
tinacraigg said:
hi...yes i renew my wp by uploading the supporting letter and pnp cert online. This year changed... I just want to know the right process...Was calling Call ctr all day..theyre very rude and not really a big help. I hope God will provide me more strenght with my misfortunes

Hi Tina, why you dont apply for BOWP you jus have to pay 100$ extra fees and you just neeed AOR they will not ask you about LIMO instead of close one

Hi...Isnt these the requirements?the applicants must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

I cant apply for WP coz mine is close only

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
tinacraigg said:
hi...yes i renew my wp by uploading the supporting letter and pnp cert online. This year changed... I just want to know the right process...Was calling Call ctr all day..theyre very rude and not really a big help. I hope God will provide me more strenght with my misfortunes :(
If you have your AOR then just apply for the BOWP and you won't need anything from your employer. You will get an open work permit but it would still be advisable to stay with your current employer because changing jobs mid application can be confusing. Even if you are on a closed work permit now you can still apply for this. If you have AOR this could be the easiest way to apply.

If you have your PNP certificate and no AOR yet then you apply for a LIMO exempt closed work permit. There is clearly a miscommunication between you and CIC agents because your employer has been trying to fill out the wrong form. The form he is trying to fill out has a fee of $1000 and is called a LMIO form. The CIC agent was only going by what form you told them your boss was trying to fill out.

Your boss needs to fill out the LIMO exempt form. Because you are have a PNP nomination you are exempt from needing a LIMO that is why you need your boss to fill out the exemption form.

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
Mbgirlfriend said:
If you have your AOR then just apply for the BOWP and you won't need anything from your employer. You will get an open work permit but it would still be advisable to stay with your current employer because changing jobs mid application can be confusing. Even if you are on a closed work permit now you can still apply for this. If you have AOR this could be the easiest way to apply.

If you have your PNP certificate and no AOR yet then you apply for a LIMO exempt closed work permit. There is clearly a miscommunication between you and CIC agents because your employer has been trying to fill out the wrong form. The form he is trying to fill out has a fee of $1000 and is called a LMIO form. The CIC agent was only going by what form you told them your boss was trying to fill out.

Your boss needs to fill out the LIMO exempt form. Because you are have a PNP nomination you are exempt from needing a LIMO that is why you need your boss to fill out the exemption form.

Hi MBgirlfriend, He already filled up and sent today the LMIA exempt form (IMM5802) and paid the $230 fee.... Yes I have an AOR, PNP certificate.....Im just confused in this forum coz different people tell different ways.

I just wanted to know the step by step process:
1.Employer fill up LMIA exempt form (IMM 5802)
2.Pay $230 fee online
3. Me- wait for the result of the Form (IMM5802) that my boss sent?? (this part im confused), or should I start applying since he gave me a copy
already of the Form with his signature and the copy of the receipt of $230
4. Why different people telling me about applying BOWP ( can I apply BOWP, even if Im on a close WP but with AOR??)

My WP is up til May 28, 2015...I hope I get a good news from CIC about my PR application so I dont need to worry about this problem anymore

Thanks in advance!! God bless!

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
It should be noted that the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status;
foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months and/or who already have a new LMIA that can be used as the basis for a new work permit application;
foreign nationals applying for a bridging work permit at the port of entry;
spouse and dependants of the principal permanent resident applicant;
provincial nominees who have not submitted a copy of their nomination letter with the application for a bridging work permit, or whose nomination letter specifically indicates employment restrictions.

I just read this in CIC website. So it cleared alil bit my mind between applying for BOWP and close WP....My PNP supporting letter gave me a restriction on working only with the same employer. So that answered all my questions. I can only apply for close WP..

Thank you to all who send in their good comments, suggestions and advises. May Gods blessings be with us and good karma comes our way soon.
:) :) :)

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
Mbgirlfriend said:

Hi Mbgirlfriend, My boss filled up the IMM5802 (LMIA exempt form) and paid $230...He didnt filled up the LMIO form with the $1000 fee

mas123

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13march
AOR Received.
15april