AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
Got test invite last night. Test date is June 18.

Anyone knows if I need to bring translation of passport stamps? My friend told me it's not necessary as they actually understand.

Good luck to everyone!

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
lilbabu said:

Anyone knows if I need to bring translation of passport stamps? My friend told me it's not necessary as they actually understand.

Good luck to everyone!
Congrats,

Yes you do. They will match your stamps to whatever you wrote down in your residence calculator.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
lilbabu said:

Good luck to everyone!
To avoid further delays in processing of your application, you should get your stamps translated regardless the cic officer asks for it or not.

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Babi22 said:
I do agree with you, we are in 2015, with all the technology that became very accessible to anyone, it still takes months or years to get applications processed. Bureaucracy here I am...

Anyway, CIC has always been that Big Black Hole where so much mystery is around...where rational and irrational mix up together :)

Good luck to everyone...
So true and you are so so right man

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just checked march tracker, congratz to all those who got test invites......good its moving fairly well.

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Smile_Canada said:
just checked march tracker, congratz to all those who got test invites......good its moving fairly well.
It's moving fast for Vancouver applicants only

the sad part to say we pay 630 CAD $

And this is how they process for

Toronto gta applicants

It should be equal for all local offices

They don't care we have a life here on stakes

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
every country have their pros and cons, you cant just compare apples with oranges.

I know people here in canada who got PR's after work permits in 2 years, whereas I know ppl in USA who are waiting for 10+ years to just get their work permits converted to greencards. So that will make Canada faster and much better ;)

peterperez said:
You are absolutely correct

They don't care at all

U know when people applies in USA Australia

They get passport in 3 months at max

They have a good system to track the citizenship application

How it goes to each level and all

You know that's how they work

It's CIC they can do the processing faster but they won't do it faster

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
peterperez said:
It's moving fast for Vancouver applicants only

the sad part to say we pay 630 CAD $

And this is how they process for

Toronto gta applicants

It should be equal for all local offices

They don't care we have a life here on stakes
There's a limited number of officers, and different local visa officers receive varying amounts of applications; and there is also a number of other factors involved in the processing (e.g. the officer him or herself — some will be faster than others —, the level of scrutinity needed, etc).

For a very long time, parts of the GTA had very fast processing (people I know that applied from downtown Toronto several years ago claim that they had their applications processed within 6 months total — from CPC in Sydney receiving it, to oath), while in Vancouver it was extremely slow due to the backlog. Now the roles reversed, with here being faster than there.

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:
There's a limited number of officers, and different local visa officers receive varying amounts of applications; and there is also a number of other factors involved in the processing (e.g. the officer him or herself — some will be faster than others —, the level of scrutinity needed, etc).

For a very long time, parts of the GTA had very fast processing (people I know that applied from downtown Toronto several years ago claim that they had their applications processed within 6 months total — from CPC in Sydney receiving it, to oath), while in Vancouver it was extremely slow due to the backlog. Now the roles reversed, with here being faster than there.
@MiriamT Some people just have tendency to crib on everything. Its no point in giving them the facts, they will find something else to crib.

@peterperez Be happy that things are going well for someone else instead of complaining bout it.

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Smile_Canada said:
every country have their pros and cons, you cant just compare apples with oranges.

I know people here in canada who got PR's after work permits in 2 years, whereas I know ppl in USA who are waiting for 10+ years to just get their work permits converted to greencards. So that will make Canada faster and much better ;)
Lol in USA it's a big economy at least there are jobs good weather don't mind waiting for 10 years u r right Canadian citizenship is easy still they can update the status on Ecas repidly

We are paying 630$ we pay money and get service that's way of rule where as we pay money and we wait every day with anxiety see what happens

Anyways to get more employees hooked up would be the betterment for all people

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Smile_Canada said:
@ MiriamT Some people just have tendency to crib on everything. Its no point in giving them the facts, they will find something else to crib.

@ peterperez Be happy that things are going well for someone else instead of complaining bout it.
Obviously happy but for those who are waiting with no status update can u be Happy discussion is not complaining

Paying 630 $ CAD deserves a bit better updates

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, the government always has the upper hand over the immigrants. No matter how much you pay you can't hold them accountable. Only when you become a citizen you can make then care about you (or to be more accurate: about your vote). That's why citizenship is a big step for immigrants.

arvind6365

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/02/2010
Nomination.....
16/04/2010
AOR Received.
16/04/2010
IELTS Request
15/03/2010
File Transfer...
01/09/2010
Med's Request
17/03/2011
Med's Done....
05/05/2011
Interview........
wevied off
Passport Req..
05/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2012
Today,
CIC started IN PROCESS today.
My timeline:
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 23, 2015.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 28, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on May 27, 2015.

Best of luck to all....

Thanks..Arvind

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
asaif said:
Unfortunately, the government always has the upper hand over the immigrants. No matter how much you pay you can't hold them accountable. Only when you become a citizen you can make then care about you (or to be more accurate: about your vote). That's why citizenship is a big step for immigrants.

Friend you are so so right