You are absolutely correct

They don't care at all

U know when people applies in USA Australia

They get passport in 3 months at max

They have a good system to track the citizenship application

How it goes to each level and all

You know that's how they work

It's CIC they can do the processing faster but they won't do it faster
The thing is that Canada, USA, and Australia are three different countries, each one with their own rules and different processing times.

In the USA, for example, the process is faster but unless you acquired your Green Card through marriage, you can't apply for citizenship before 5 years (edited to add the following line: or more? I remember 5 years but someone else said 10, in any case I stand corrected). (I'm not sure how current this information is, but those were the rules when my co-sister in law as well as some friends applied for theirs)

In Canada, as of current rules, you can apply the day after you complete 3 years of physical presence in Canada (out of 4 years), so if you landed and stayed for 3 years here without leaving for a day, you can apply after 3 years and a day.

You really can't compare. It's a futile discussion.

The discussion, in my opinion, should be "how could the Canadian system improve?" not "well, but other countries do XYZ" while Canada is not said "other countries" and has nothing to do with those other systems.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
Dude you are wrong
it takes about 2 years to get your citizenship in the US and you have to be living there for 10 years
I know this cause I became a US citizen years ago

their process isn't any faster now

once ou meet the required time you apply then about 8 months later you have to give the FBI your fingerprints then who know when you are called to do the test then you must wait for the oath ceremony

peterperez said:

They don't care at all

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
I understand your frustrations. I'm waiting for the day as well when I can vote, work for the government in security clearance jobs, and finally know that I am a citizen of the country in which I married my spouse, and plan to live forever. The thing is, why lambast this country that you're trying so hard to join? It doesn't make sense. If you're so upset with things, you have the choice to withdraw and find a better country.

I took a serious downgrade financially to be here, my career took a giant hit, I'm making less now with 17 years' experience in my field than I did my first year in the usa. BUT I believe this country is amazing, the Charter is miraculously beautiful, and the values of the citizens (including my spouse) and lifestyles match with who I am.

I want to be here. I know it's not an overnight process. I know no country is perfect.

Impatiently, but realistically waiting for my file transfer...

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
peterperez said:

They don't care at all

I do agree with you, we are in 2015, with all the technology that became very accessible to anyone, it still takes months or years to get applications processed. Bureaucracy here I am...

Anyway, CIC has always been that Big Black Hole where so much mystery is around...where rational and irrational mix up together :)

Good luck to everyone...

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Thanks for the word of encouragement from the looks of it I will be getting the long wait champion of the new process. As of today I am 77 days here is to some good news next week. ;D ;D

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
@peterperez maybe you mistook my message, I said they would just tell us to wait because we are still in the official processing time.

Though I fully don't understand your frustration since me getting the citizenship doesn't change a whole lot - Yes I can vote and travel more freely but the most important reason for me is to finally be home. I am flabbergasted that you compare the processing with other countries and bash; as @MiriamT mentioned its a completely different process and Canada is much quicker and simpler. Everybody I have know got their citizenship in 6 months or less and the only reason it takes longer is if you are give the RQ.

As you know its a process and processes take time and its clearly outlined on how long it will take. As you might or might not be aware, CIC implemented changes to the citizenship process which has sped up the processing time.

@Babi22 CIC is not completely a blackhole, yes their processes can be improved may be by a lot but I disagree it being a balckhole. CIC is more open than most immigration departments around the world given that we can call them to ask status, email them or request an individual case files and comments made by an immigration officer shows the amount of openness.

And lastly as @eeeeeeeelectric mentioned "Impatiently, but realistically waiting for my file transfer..."

bubbelbine

May 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Another March one here :)

I added all info last night to the tracking sheet but it was not there when I wanted to update it this morning. Help...

In the meantime, here is my timeline - so far I am super happy with the the processing times ;D

Application received: March 26, 2015

AOR: April 15, 2015

Started processing: May 8, 2015

Transfer to Vancouver office: May 22, 2015

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
draxz1289 said:
@ peterperez maybe you mistook my message, I said they would just tell us to wait because we are still in the official processing time.

Though I fully don't understand your frustration since me getting the citizenship doesn't change a whole lot - Yes I can vote and travel more freely but the most important reason for me is to finally be home. I am flabbergasted that you compare the processing with other countries and bash; as @ MiriamT mentioned its a completely different process and Canada is much quicker and simpler. Everybody I have know got their citizenship in 6 months or less and the only reason it takes longer is if you are give the RQ.

As you know its a process and processes take time and its clearly outlined on how long it will take. As you might or might not be aware, CIC implemented changes to the citizenship process which has sped up the processing time.

@ Babi22 CIC is not completely a blackhole, yes their processes can be improved may be by a lot but I disagree it being a balckhole. CIC is more open than most immigration departments around the world given that we can call them to ask status, email them or request an individual case files and comments made by an immigration officer shows the amount of openness.

And lastly as @ eeeeeeeelectric mentioned "Impatiently, but realistically waiting for my file transfer..."

draxz1289, two things you have to differentiate are "Canada, being or becoming a Canadian" and "CIC". If we don't like the way CIC deals with our applications it doesn't mean that we don't like Canada and we have to leave it to another country ! CIC is a black hole. As per your statement that you can call them and get all sort of information, this is not thanks to CIC, this is thanks to Canadian laws that oblige them to give you the limited information that they give you when you request it. Do you think that it is normal when you call to inquire about your application and all they tell you is that it can take up to 36 months so you HAVE TO WAIT (when everyone on this Forum knows that since early 2014 application process takes around 8 / 10 months?) !!! Is this the amount of openness you are talking about ? I am pretty sure they can do more. The CIC Call center have only limited information/response they give to people, sometimes you feel you talk to robots over the phone. Yes they are polite, "try to help" but it's just not enough from what we would expect when we live in a country like Canada and in 2015.

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
With all due respect, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a faster process. Application fees were increased for this very purpose and yet there has been no improvement especially for people from GTA/Toronto. There are people getting test invites already in Vancouver only four months after applying. The resources are there to speed this process up.