Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
All this time i tried to check the status with the receipt number and it never showed anything. Today after i saw some comments from this forum, i used my client id it the ecas showed up.
My Timeline: based on ECAS: Application Received March 28, 2014
Sent acknowledgement of Receipt on March 28, 2014 ( However, till date i have not received anything)
We started processing your application on May 8, 2014

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My timeline is received app on Mar 18, in process Apr 29. Last week when I called CIC the rep said my file was transferred to the local office and I was happy. Today I called CIC to check on my AOR in mail and also asked them about the status. the Rep told me that the file is undergoing background check and is still in Sydney.

when I called last week I was surprised and asked the rep to check twice. She checked it twice and confirmed that my file has been transferred to local office. Today the rep confirmed it may take months before the file is transferred to local office.

Can anyone please tell me how the reps are giving contradicting info/status on the same application

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My status:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 21, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 21, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on April 30, 2014.

Any comments???

[size=10pt]When should we all MARCH APPLICANTS expect the test date?[/size]

Should we really start studying for the test? Isn't it too early?

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
chikloo said:
Hi,
My timeline is received app on Mar 18, in process Apr 29. Last week when I called CIC the rep said my file was transferred to the local office and I was happy. Today I called CIC to check on my AOR in mail and also asked them about the status. the Rep told me that the file is undergoing background check and is still in Sydney.

when I called last week I was surprised and asked the rep to check twice. She checked it twice and confirmed that my file has been transferred to local office. Today the rep confirmed it may take months before the file is transferred to local office.

Can anyone please tell me how the reps are giving contradicting info/status on the same application
I think in the file , there is a place that has written:
local office:....
this doesn't mean that the file has been transfer. this means this file should transfer to ..... and some agents that hasn't been trained properly, can not recognize this and they think your file is been transferred.

The_ottawa

May 15, 2014
Hi All,

I sent my application on March 21. Received according to Canada post on March 28 and I still cant login to ecas.

I wanted to make sure that I am doing the right thing.

I choose the Grant of Citizenship option and use my client id on the front of my PR card. (Tried with and without a hyphen)

I typed my name all in capital.

Can someone confirm that what I am doing is correct?

Thanks

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
The_ottawa said:
Hi All,

I sent my application on March 21. Received according to Canada post on March 28 and I still cant login to ecas.

I choose the Grant of Citizenship option and use my client id on the front of my PR card. (Tried with and without a hyphen)

Thanks
Ecas update takes time. Same thing happened to me, i was able to access my ecas on last week of march. You can enter your pr card without the hyphen and no need to capitalized your last name.

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
The_ottawa said:
Hi All,

Thanks
hi there
as long as I know you should choose permanent resident card number and use the number in the top left on the back of you card I think it starts with two letters follows by some numbers.
when you get your AOR you can use the client number that has written in the letter.

sweetakash

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Transferred to Ottawa CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
8-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
8-NOV-2011
Med's Request
8-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
28-NOV-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Okay, so I received my AOR and Discover Canada book today.

My timeline now looks like...

Application Received: 17-Mar-2014
Ecas - In Process Date: 29-Apr-2014
AOR Received: 20-May-2014

The AOR looks exactly like many of them have described on this forum.
Another half-page instruction about knowledge test assessment and how it relies on your language ability - English/French

I hope many others would have received AORs today or will receive them in this week.

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was received on 12th march
Processed 22nd april
Still no AOR or booklet
Has your "received" line disappeared yet?

sweetakash

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Transferred to Ottawa CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
8-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
8-NOV-2011
Med's Request
8-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
28-NOV-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
No, received Line is still there.
Just received the AOR today.
Receiving AOR is not a major step, many people don't even receive it, so nothing to worry about it.
For me, its just a re-assurance that my file is not lost in the heaps of bundles of applications CIC receives everyday ;)

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today, May 20, I found my AOR in the mailbox. Application sent on March 12, ecas updated around May 8. Here is what I see on my ecas:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 17, 2014.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 17, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on April 29, 2014.

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
Hello All

AOR received this morning

My timeline is as below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 17, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 17, 2014.

We started processing your application on April 25, 2014

AOR received May 21, 2014.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neo2379 said:
Hello guys,

Please use this post to track applications submitted in march 2014

Hi neo2379, I noticed that your application was received on April 07, three days ahead of mine. Can you let me know if your ecas shows anything yet? Thanks.

Manyaqx

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Eazeetrade said:
Hello All

AOR received this morning

My timeline is as below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 17, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 17, 2014.

We started processing your application on April 25, 2014

AOR received May 21, 2014.

Congrats... and im jealous right now... my application received march 3rd and they started to process on april 9th... im still waiting my AOR :D

catson43

May 21, 2014
My timeline:

Application received on March 10, 2014.
Started processing application on April 17, 2014.

Still nothing in the mail yet, no AOR and no brochure ....