+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
jarry96 said:
Of course you would not have given them the pw; you would have suggested they send again to another email.

Ahhem...what is that you were saying?
hows the weather in davao wish i was still there

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
8) 8)
Steph C said:
Well, the Roosters are Crowing in Manila and it's that time again! Can't you hear those breakfast hot dogs sizzling?
Mmmmmm, hot dogs for breakfast. :p

Despite our fears of CIC employees working to rule, last week was equally productive as the other weeks, including Easter.

An interesting thing that started this week was that CEM started asking people for re-medicals before their passport request! Is this a case of the hand not talking to the other hand (what is that expression?) Maybe they are in line for PPR and in line for Remeds too? Ah well.. as they say around here.. Aaah yes Raven, maybe it is only you who knows the truth.

As for predictions for next week.. I will predict a re-medical for my man ;D (fingers crossed) and the rooster predicts a remedical for the husband of Fireluck.. as well as DM for Tagum-NB and PPR for Luckyman, AJ, Mapol and for DexHaz.. He thinks Jerry96's PPR will be soon but maybe next week ;D

After going "in process" on Monday I am now quite selfishly fixated on them.. I spent hours one night until 2am mining through the spreadsheet.. finding every in-process and comparing that date to the date of additional documents requested versus medical requests versus interviews.. and I've come across a very good theory about them.. but ever since that have become exremely superstitious about my theory so.. you can guess it maybe!

Anyways.. Iay how's that Vancouver Rooster doing?

Here's the totals from last week:

Monday, April 8

In-Process - Steph_C (April), KaZeKaGe (August),
VISA - iamFides (August)

Tuesday, April 9

DM remmuh (July)

Wednesday, April 10

Remeds - Luckyman (August)
PPR - geminiaquarius21 (August), swithag (September)
VISA - likelike (June) Doljan (July) Huggypoo (August)

Thursday, April 11

In Process - swithag (September)
PPR/IN PROCESS/DM *like a Gordie Howe Hat trick*
sweetformysweet, Sweet Potato (August)

Friday, April 12

PPR - zeeczar, lanz15, remmuh (July)
IN PROCESS - jhona30 (June) geminiaquarius21 (August)
DM - Mike0421(July)
VISA - remmuh (July)

Saturday, April 13
IN-Process/DM/VISA - knowell (June)

Sunday, April 14
Re-medical - Canadian Jeep Guy (May), deadly_deathscyhe (July)
DM - andreana (June)
Landed - krusmaryosep (July) - Mabuhay!! ;D

TOTALS
PPR - 7
IN PROCESS - 5
DM - 6
VISA - 7
LANDED - 1

LAST WEEK
PPR - 8
DM - 2
Visa - 5
Landed - 1

LAST WEEK X 2
PPR - 4
DM - 5
VISA - 0
LANDED - 2

LAST WEEK X 3
PPR - 8
DM - 0
VISA - 4
LANDED - 1

LAST WEEK X 4
PPR - 5
DM - 7
VISA - 9
LANDED - 4

THE WEEK BEFORE THAT
PPR - 5
DM - 1
VISA - 9
LANDED - 4

THE WEEK BEFORE THAT WEEK
PPR - 11
DM - 7
VISA - 5
LANDED - 6

THE WEEK BEFORE THAT WEEK'S WEEK
PPR - 6
DM - 9
VISA - 11
LANDED - 1
8) 8) 8) 8) DID THAT ROOSTER FALL OFF THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROOF :p :p :p :p I DONT EVEN HAVE REMED YET

jarry96

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
October 3, 2012
File Transfer...
October 4, 2012
Med's Done....
July 4, 2012
Passport Req..
April 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 29, 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
hows the weather in davao wish i was still there
The weather here in Davao is really hot. Great excuse to sleep naked every nite.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our eCas changed to "in Process" when I checked this morning.
It says they started processing on Apr. 11.

I hope that's good news, as you think they would have processed before asking for a re medical...I mean, why would they ask us to spend money to travel, and re medical if they weren't intending on giving a visa right?

Anyway....Cheers!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Luckyman said:
Our eCas changed to "in Process" when I checked this morning.
It says they started processing on Apr. 11.

I hope that's good news, as you think they would have processed before asking for a re medical...I mean, why would they ask us to spend money to travel, and re medical if they weren't intending on giving a visa right?

Anyway....Cheers!
Great news Lucky. Looks like you are on your way though they can still deny you and refund the cost of the medical. Not very likely at this point so I think you can relax.

I just got an email from CIC to pay the RPRF. So I paid by credit card online. Do I have to send in the receipt or email them a receipt? Seems like a waste of time if you pay online but still have to notify them via post. I had no idea about this fee. when I look at the fee schedule under sponsorship all it had was the $550 for sponsorship and applicant. Very stupid way of setting up the fee schedules. Nowhere in the "How to Sponsor a Spouse" did I read anything about all the applicable fees.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Great news Lucky. Looks like you are on your way though they can still deny you and refund the cost of the medical. Not very likely at this point so I think you can relax.

I just got an email from CIC to pay the RPRF. So I paid by credit card online. Do I have to send in the receipt or email them a receipt? Seems like a waste of time if you pay online but still have to notify them via post. I had no idea about this fee. when I look at the fee schedule under sponsorship all it had was the $550 for sponsorship and applicant. Very stupid way of setting up the fee schedules. Nowhere in the "How to Sponsor a Spouse" did I read anything about all the applicable fees.
If you paid it with the application kit no need to send them a copy but since you forget then yes, you have to send them the official receipt printed out from their email.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll get your official receipt via pdf, then you fill out the info and scan it.

Then I believe you should email them the official filled out receipt to an email address provided in the request email you got, or, if no return email provided, then send to email address noted for correspondence in your SA email.

Remember to put your UCI # and the F000**** Application number in the subject line.

I'd also mark it as important...but that's just me...haha

lucylaugh

Apr 11, 2013
hi all :

im new on this forum and wanted to get some feedback on our spousal application issues.

we are july 2012 applicants. CEM received my huband's pp feb 28 2013. till now our ECAS is In Process. we requested gcms notes last march 20 and found out that they mixed up the uci numbers of my son and my husband in their medical results. my husband's uci was associated to my son's medical result and vice versa for my son. there's a note there saying "Email to be sent to medsec to disassociate PA's meds to son's UCI and ammend meds for PA and Dep respectively." This note was created Feb 21 2013., Manila office.

Then there's a note dated Aug 21 2012 by Mississauga offfice- IMM 1017 for PA entered for dependent in error. IMM 1017 is the medical records. So looks like the error originated in Mississauga and they did not even corrected it and was picked up by CEM?

We called our MP and all she got for me is to wait for the ammendments.

All the background and eligibility checks for my husband is done and passed except for this error.

I will try to call Mississauga today and hopefully they can help me somehow even our documents is already with CEM. But if they cant what more can we do?? thanks guys..

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Thanks. I'm on hold with CIC at the moment. Anyone have any questions they want me to ask?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
You guys are moving so fast it's hard to keep up!
To lucylaugh - welcome! I think you've done all the right things. It looks like they caught the mix-up and are working on it. Your time line is still within reasonable parameters for CIC. And to be In-Process is a VERY good thing. It sounds like they're ready to issue the visas - when does the medical expire?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Latest news hot off the press........

If your medical has expired and Manila request a redo you can lodge a complaint through CIC and your MP as to why they did not extend the medical. Your MP should be able to apply pressure to the VO to get the officer to extend the medical. I am off to my MP's office. They are getting sick of seeing me.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Luckyman said:
I'm just not going to rock the boat....for fear of drowning
I would rather pay the P5,000 then waste the time of trying to get a doctor to sign of on a medical extension. It's written clearly in the operating manual (as we talked about last week) that if it will be too slow to extend the medical they are entitled to ask for a new one for ease of processing.

But good for you for rocking the boat. Maybe you can help change things for others.. I would be too scared to say anything! I only want my partner's visa as quickly as possible.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
The weather is fooking bad outside and to save further injury to my foot I opted to send an email.

Good day Minister Kenney and MP Toet,

I am writing to you with my concerns regarding the decision making process at the Visa Office in Manila. I have just received notice that my wife has been requested to redo her medical as they expired in December of 2012. Through several calls to the CIC call centre I was informed that the Visa Officers can extend the medicals up to a year yet this does not seem to be exercised.

While my wife's application sat unopened since October 2012 in Manila why do I now have to pay more for the same service others receive? It is not my fault if the Manila VO cannot keep up to the volume of applications. So why should I be penalized? It certainly gives the appearance that someone is profiting by this.

I would ask that you inquire on my behalf as to why no extensions are given out of this office as well as ask to have my wife's medical extended as she has no pending medical issues.

This is a matter of fairness and integrity. Two very important characteristics of our national identity. I would expect that people in your positions would require that of all our governments services regardless of where they reside.

Sincerely,

CanadianJeepGuy

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012