+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
I would rather pay the P5,000 then waste the time of trying to get a doctor to sign of on a medical extension. It's written clearly in the operating manual (as we talked about last week) that if it will be too slow to extend the medical they are entitled to ask for a new one for ease of processing.

But good for you for rocking the boat. Maybe you can help change things for others.. I would be too scared to say anything! I only want my partner's visa as quickly as possible.
What do you have to be afraid of? This is not Moscow.

If VO's do not want to extend the medicals then thats fine. Just don't ask me to pay for the same thing twice. There is no need for CIC to request time sensitive documents until they are needed. The Minister needs to know this is an ongoing practice at this VO at least. It gives one service cost to some and a higher one to the rest. They rely on your fear and frustration. If everyone emailed their MP's and the Minister daily about how they are being treated then they would have no alternative to address these issues. They do not use the system so in theory everything works great for them.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
Thank you....thank you all very much......you've been a great crowd......I'll be here all week.....don't forget to try the veal....

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha....The problem that I see is that the fear is generated by excess processing....or "unexplained events" after rocking the boat. And you sir, well, you tipped the boat right over....actually I think the boat was hit by a CJG tsunami!

This is the problem though....you are completely correct....no one does anything because of the consequences many have voiced on this forum after doing so....so everyone shuts up to cic, and vents on here.

But, if everyone were emailing and calling, then something would be done about it.....the problem is there are a good many of those who would suffer for instigating before things are actually corrected..... casualties of war, if you will...

Mind you.....I fully intend to voice my thoughts several.... several times, after the process is done and me and my wife go to bed together on the same continent in the same bed.

lucylaugh

Apr 11, 2013
Steph C said:
You guys are moving so fast it's hard to keep up!
To lucylaugh - welcome! I think you've done all the right things. It looks like they caught the mix-up and are working on it. Your time line is still within reasonable parameters for CIC. And to be In-Process is a VERY good thing. It sounds like they're ready to issue the visas - when does the medical expire?
Thank you Steph C for the reply. Their medical will expire on June 21.

I called CIC and they said they cannot confirm if the error made by Mississauga office last Aug 2012 were corrected or not. I should send a mail to Miss for the inquiry. Just so frustrating that this error is on their part now we are suffering and they cant give us any decent answer on what they have done to correct it.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Luckyman said:
Haha....The problem that I see is that the fear is generated by excess processing....or "unexplained events" after rocking the boat. And you sir, well, you tipped the boat right over....actually I think the boat was hit by a CJG tsunami!

This is the problem though....you are completely correct....no one does anything because of the consequences many have voiced on this forum after doing so....so everyone shuts up to cic, and vents on here.

But, if everyone were emailing and calling, then something would be done about it.....the problem is there are a good many of those who would suffer for instigating before things are actually corrected..... casualties of war, if you will...

Mind you.....I fully intend to voice my thoughts several.... several times, after the process is done and me and my wife go to bed together on the same continent in the same bed.
People act like the government is doing us a favour. They aren't. Government is here to provide services to all Canadians. As peoples of a free and democractic society we have rights as specified under 15.(1) of the Charter. We are being denied these rights as a matter of course by a government institution that would rather saddle the applicants with the cost of their mistakes then to address and correct the mistakes themselves.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I totally agree....

I'm still too gutless to do anything about it at this point...I miss my wife sooo much, I'm stressed out to the point of being in great deal of back pain, never mind the migraines...

Right now it's literally day by day...

I really do hope that your efforts get you some speedy results, as you deserve it!

Cheers!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Luckyman said:
I totally agree....

I'm still too gutless to do anything about it at this point...I miss my wife sooo much, I'm stressed out to the point of being in great deal of back pain, never mind the migraines...

Right now it's literally day by day...

I really do hope that your efforts get you some speedy results, as you deserve it!

Cheers!
I feel your pain. Maybe I just come easier to the fight because I have to endure the same mentality at work. In order for them to deny my wife her visa they would have to fabricate a pretty big story to make the weight of their visceral insights greater than legal supporting documents.
I miss my wife too but in my case I have to have her know I am exercising every legal means to resolve this..... expediently.

In my experience with Canada Post management will always try to pick out the weakest worker and make them feel isolated and unempowered in order to get their way. The only way to get them to leave you alone is to stand up for yourself and know your rights. You don't have to be violent or loud just be commited to a reasonable expectation.

When my sponsorship failed to materialize with the May pack I contacted my MP and that same day I got a response as to the status and condition of my application. Four days after I emailed the Minister's office my wife receives notice of her remed. Coincidental? Maybe. Hard to be able to know for certain. We will see what response this last email brings.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not worried about getting declined....it's just that they could easily lengthen things for us until September purely out of spite. Considering the problem is human nature of employees in a position of power.

If they did that....we'd still be within the posted processing times....and I just can't risk it

But you on the other hand, you have a very special circumstance because of the problems from the beginning....but in our case, if things did go to September...believe me, I'd be sending emails, phone calls, office visits....etc...etc...etc....then our family would be doing the same....then our friends.....

(I hear you...I used to work in a heavy Equip. shop....it's eat or be eaten!)

Cheers!

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
Luckyman said:
I'm not worried about getting declined....it's just that they could easily lengthen things for us until September purely out of spite. Considering the problem is human nature of employees in a position of power.

If they did that....we'd still be within the posted processing times....and I just can't risk it

But you on the other hand, you have a very special circumstance because of the problems from the beginning....but in our case, if things did go to September...believe me, I'd be sending emails, phone calls, office visits....etc...etc...etc....then our family would be doing the same....then our friends.....

Cheers!
This is the only reason, I don't call them and bitch and moan myself, to easy for someone to decide I should have an even worse day ;D and just push the file back and still keep it with in the timelines. I am trying to remain optimistic for a summer decision (seems to be a lot of people getting done around nine months) which low and behold, also brings our medicals near to the end of their 1 year validity. So I am hoping those two factors will be enough to bring things to a close this summer.

Please note, I won't be holding my breath though :D

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Luckyman said:
Our eCas changed to "in Process" when I checked this morning.
It says they started processing on Apr. 11.

I hope that's good news, as you think they would have processed before asking for a re medical...I mean, why would they ask us to spend money to travel, and re medical if they weren't intending on giving a visa right?

Anyway....Cheers!
i think cem is so fooked up there will be big changes shortly, some firings of the quards

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Great news Lucky. Looks like you are on your way though they can still deny you and refund the cost of the medical. Not very likely at this point so I think you can relax.

I just got an email from CIC to pay the RPRF. So I paid by credit card online. Do I have to send in the receipt or email them a receipt? Seems like a waste of time if you pay online but still have to notify them via post. I had no idea about this fee. when I look at the fee schedule under sponsorship all it had was the $550 for sponsorship and applicant. Very stupid way of setting up the fee schedules. Nowhere in the "How to Sponsor a Spouse" did I read anything about all the applicable fees.
it was there you drank to much captain morgans

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Thanks. I'm on hold with CIC at the moment. Anyone have any questions they want me to ask?
ask them if they have thumbs tell them to stick them up thier bass

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
The weather is fooking bad outside and to save further injury to my foot I opted to send an email.

Good day Minister Kenney and MP Toet,

I am writing to you with my concerns regarding the decision making process at the Visa Office in Manila. I have just received notice that my wife has been requested to redo her medical as they expired in December of 2012. Through several calls to the CIC call centre I was informed that the Visa Officers can extend the medicals up to a year yet this does not seem to be exercised.

While my wife's application sat unopened since October 2012 in Manila why do I now have to pay more for the same service others receive? It is not my fault if the Manila VO cannot keep up to the volume of applications. So why should I be penalized? It certainly gives the appearance that someone is profiting by this.

I would ask that you inquire on my behalf as to why no extensions are given out of this office as well as ask to have my wife's medical extended as she has no pending medical issues.

This is a matter of fairness and integrity. Two very important characteristics of our national identity. I would expect that people in your positions would require that of all our governments services regardless of where they reside.

Sincerely,

CanadianJeepGuy
fook now you will surely break my record for the longest outstanding visa

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Thank you....thank you all very much......you've been a great crowd......I'll be here all week.....don't forget to try the veal....
i hope you can find a bear in hibernation surely you wont get to sleep with your wife in a long while now

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Luckyman said:

Cheers!I expect you will be sending, dont expect anythiong early, be patient they say fook them