+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

cjkoall

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/04/2012
Doc's Request.
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
30/07/2012
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Received
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Tagum-N.B. said:
What an experience immigration,,,no one will belivieve you that a system is so fooked up,,,,,and a system that makes the applicants and sponsors feel like dirt,,,,all we did is fall in love and want to live with our better halfs like everyone else
The thing that got me the most and you might not believe this, nobody we tell does ...

I went personally to the Seoul embassy on Friday, January 25th to fill out an information request form because they weren't answering emails or the online contact form. I filled out the form, gave it to the woman behind the glass and she gave me a bunch more of the forms so that I could fill them out and fax them in rather than going all the way to the embassy. The immigration and visa service shut down at the Seoul embassy on January 28th. At the visa office there were no postings or even a suggestion that they were closing down shop. The woman I gave the form to didn't mention anything either. If my wife hadn't, just out of sheer curiosity, gone to the embassy website and seen the closure notice, we'd have still tried to be communicating with the Seoul embassy and would have made the 3 hour trip to go there just to find it it no longer existed. Is that not fooked up?

DAN - do you think that would be something to include in a formal complaint with the MP's office?

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
cjkoall said:
The thing that got me the most and you might not believe this, nobody we tell does ...

I went personally to the Seoul embassy on Friday, January 25th to fill out an information request form because they weren't answering emails or the online contact form. I filled out the form, gave it to the woman behind the glass and she gave me a bunch more of the forms so that I could fill them out and fax them in rather than going all the way to the embassy. The immigration and visa service shut down at the Seoul embassy on January 28th. At the visa office there were no postings or even a suggestion that they were closing down shop. The woman I gave the form to didn't mention anything either. If my wife hadn't, just out of sheer curiosity, gone to the embassy website and seen the closure notice, we'd have still tried to be communicating with the Seoul embassy and would have made the 3 hour trip to go there just to find it it no longer existed. Is that not fooked up?

DAN - do you think that would be something to include in a formal complaint with the MP's office?
I think that would be worth noting, yes. That was the crux of my inquiry though the MP, four inquiries, and no answer; and at no point was I asking for special treatment or to be moved up the que because of the expiration of my wife and son's medicals. All I wanted was to know what I had to do, so I could be proactive and take care of it before it became a problem. (or at least another excuse for delay) I showed the email to my MP as well, to show exactly what it was I was asking for.

What is really getting me pissed off, is the complete lack of communication that comes back from CEM/CIC. To me that is unexceptionable as it is our money paying for the system. I don't mind waiting for a reply, but I do expect a reply.

cjkoall

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/04/2012
Doc's Request.
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
30/07/2012
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Received
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dan_from_Surrey said:
I think that would be worth noting, yes. That was the crux of my inquiry though the MP, four inquiries, and no answer; and at no point was I asking for special treatment or to be moved up the que because of the expiration of my wife and son's medicals. All I wanted was to know what I had to do, so I could be proactive and take care of it before it became a problem. (or at least another excuse for delay) I showed the email to my MP as well, to show exactly what it was I was asking for.

What is really getting me pissed off, is the complete lack of communication that comes back from CEM/CIC. To me that is unexceptionable as it is our money paying for the system. I don't mind waiting for a reply, but I do expect a reply.
I've been in touch with my MP's office since my CRC process because that was taking forever. As soon as the MP's office got involved, the RCMP busted their ass to get it done and sent it straight to the Seoul embassy (which didn't do me much good but it was a nice gesture). Since then, the MP's office has been writing to Manila on my behalf asking for updates but just gets the same answer: shut up and wait. I'm in the same boat though: all I want to know is what's going on. No SA confirmation. No updates on e-cas. No replies from the embassy. WTF?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
cjkoall said:
I've been in touch with my MP's office since my CRC process because that was taking forever. As soon as the MP's office got involved, the RCMP busted their ass to get it done and sent it straight to the Seoul embassy (which didn't do me much good but it was a nice gesture). Since then, the MP's office has been writing to Manila on my behalf asking for updates but just gets the same answer: shut up and wait. I'm in the same boat though: all I want to know is what's going on. No SA confirmation. No updates on e-cas. No replies from the embassy. WTF?
Call CIC and tell them you wish to lodge a formal complaint. When I did that it got things moving and also gave me the name of the unit manager whom I CC'd in all of my emails. 15 months with no confirmation of sponsorship tells me something is very wrong.

cjkoall

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/04/2012
Doc's Request.
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
30/07/2012
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Received
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Call CIC and tell them you wish to lodge a formal complaint. When I did that it got things moving and also gave me the name of the unit manager whom I CC'd in all of my emails. 15 months with no confirmation of sponsorship tells me something is very wrong.
Any number for CIC that isn't the call center(?) (or is that the number you're talking about?) as they only deal with applications from inside Canada.

Or a link to the contact info?

Did you just ask for the unit manager's name CJG or did they just offer it to you?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
cjkoall said:
Any number for CIC that isn't the call center(?) (or is that the number you're talking about?) as they only deal with applications from inside Canada.

Or a link to the contact info?

Did you just ask for the unit manager's name CJG or did they just offer it to you?
Sorry I thought you were in Canada.

I had contacted CIC first to inquire about lodging a complaint since my MP did not reply concerning that. They had an agent call me back the following day which in all was a joke but the complaint does get lodged and after that my MP became more pliable.
The unit manager did not contact me but his email was forwarded to me by my MP. After that he was cc'd in all my emails. Everyone was included in my emails from the PMO right down to the local newspaper.

The unit manager in Manila is Michael MacKenzie.

meoh2595

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inspite of the strike, I received my Visa today! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all who help share your valuable knowledge about immigration process. Thank you for the encouragement... support to keep me going. I once felt of giving up but i did pass this trials. So for those who are still waiting, be patient... have faith...God will truly answer prayers in the most unexpected time. Can't wait to be with my hubby soon! Praise God!

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
meoh2595 said:
Inspite of the strike, I received my Visa today! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all who help share your valuable knowledge about immigration process. Thank you for the encouragement... support to keep me going. I once felt of giving up but i did pass this trials. So for those who are still waiting, be patient... have faith...God will truly answer prayers in the most unexpected time. Can't wait to be with my hubby soon! Praise God!
Holy chit! Congrats Meoh!!! you bring hope to the rest of us!!!! Enjoy it!

cjkoall

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/04/2012
Doc's Request.
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
30/07/2012
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Received
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Sorry I thought you were in Canada.

I had contacted CIC first to inquire about lodging a complaint since my MP did not reply concerning that. They had an agent call me back the following day which in all was a joke but the complaint does get lodged and after that my MP became more pliable.
The unit manager did not contact me but his email was forwarded to me by my MP. After that he was cc'd in all my emails. Everyone was included in my emails from the PMO right down to the local newspaper.

The unit manager in Manila is Michael MacKenzie.
Could you private message me his email address?

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
I sent email today to manila what # I think #5 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Dear sir or madam, we have been informed by the Doctor who did the remedical that all the pertinent information has been returned to CEM. In other cases of applicants redoing their medicals they have been issued their visa soon after the return of the medical results. Its been nearly 2 years now, since we applied and were hoping to receive our visa soon so we may be together on our 2nd wedding anniversary of Sept 2,,,,Thank you

zuplada

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 3 2012
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2012 started processing oct 30 2012
File Transfer...
January 4 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 24 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 11 2013(manila's date)
VISA ISSUED...
Nasan kana visa???
meoh2595 said:
How dis u got ur visa? By dhl or embassy emailed u or what?

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
21/01/2013 AIP Received 14/02/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
meoh2595 said:
Congratulations!I am so happy for you..i mean it. i have been searching the internet high and low for any progress and I saw your post. God is really great!!! :) :) :) :) :) thanks for sharing this. it brought hope for all of us. there is really light in all this darkness/strike.

meoh2595

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zuplada said:
How dis u got ur visa? By dhl or embassy emailed u or what?
Hi! my consultant emailed me. They received my visa package from DHL today.

meoh2595

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cranberries said:
Congratulations!I am so happy for you..i mean it. i have been searching the internet high and low for any progress and I saw your post. God is really great!!! :) :) :) :) :) thanks for sharing this. it brought hope for all of us. there is really light in all this darkness/strike.
Yes! God truly do something for us even we thought theres no more chance. Don't lose hope.... No matter how dark the night... morning is just around the corner... :D

goldenkagi

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
None- Stage 1 Approval 18 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
26 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
18 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 Oct 2013 Rec'd 07 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
22 Nov 2013
meoh2595 said:
Congratulations! This is very encouraging. Thanks for sharing the good news!