+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mandatory to pay college fees before applying for visa?

itwarriorkarve

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Hey Guys!!
]]
I have been accepted for an IT program starting in September 2016. For processing student visas, the university has a tie-up with local visa consultants. Now the consultants are saying it is better to pay the entire first year fees (arnd INR 8 lakhs) before applying for student visa and if not done so, there is a high chance for visa rejection!!

My concern about this is :-
1. My loan application is not yet processed. Delaying visa application to after loan gets sanctioned and fees are paid could cause bottlenecks.

2. I would need to start paying the interest installments ( which would be quite a sum considering I am paying the entire 1 year fees upfront) before my course even begins.

The deadline for payment of first term fees is mid-September, so it would be really- really helpful if I could pay the fees later(say by mid-August). Many of my colleagues applying to the same university have already filed for visa without paying the fees.

Could the experts please guide me on this? Should I pay the fees or get new paid consultants who would advice better? :-X :-\ ;D

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
if you pay fees in advance, that would make your case stronger and easier to get a visa.

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
What if we have mention in SOP that I didn't paid the tuition fees because its not required by the college due to lots of efforts to reversal in case of rejection.

neerav

Dec 16, 2015
Ghostrider0789 said:
What if we have mention in SOP that I didn't paid the tuition fees because its not required by the college due to lots of efforts to reversal in case of rejection.
it is not necessary to pay the whole 1st year fees but it is to make your case stronger. now or later you will have to pay it!!!

abhi92s

Dec 7, 2015
You only need to pay 1st sem fee only. Didn't they provided you with deadlines for paying fee? Also btw what course and college ?

itwarriorkarve

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
@abhi9s Yes they did. However, as mentioned, the consultants are advising to pay the entire first year fees (2 terms) which would be quite cumbersome.