+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maintenance of Funds before Visa Application

AboutAWeekAgo

Nov 12, 2014
Hi, I just wanted a bit of advice on this issue, on the CIC website it states you need $10k plus tution + flights money for proof of funds and i have to show 4 months worth of bank statements.
Does the money have to be maintained throughout the four months or do they just want to see cash inflow (Salary) and the out flow and also the final balance to determine if you have enough funds for you course.

Kind Regards

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AboutAWeekAgo said:
Hi, I just wanted a bit of advice on this issue, on the CIC website it states you need $10k plus tution + flights money for proof of funds and i have to show 4 months worth of bank statements.
Does the money have to be maintained throughout the four months or do they just want to see cash inflow (Salary) and the out flow and also the final balance to determine if you have enough funds for you course.

Kind Regards
In my case, I kept the money (total amount of tuition+$15k + flights) intact for 6 months in the bank although CIC only requires at least 4months bank statements.

himal015

Jan 30, 2015
Nepal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AboutAWeekAgo said:

Kind Regards
I have also same question...Please senior members : Help

meanvicky

Feb 24, 2015
AboutAWeekAgo said:

Kind Regards
I have also same question... Senior members Please Help
Also, can I show my sister's Bank account statement? If yes, then which other documents do i need to submit?

Further, as I am working in India and if my current company sponsors me for my education in Canada then, Which documents do i need to show?

Please help..

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meanvicky said:
I have also same question... Senior members Please Help
Also, can I show my sister's Bank account statement? If yes, then which other documents do i need to submit?

Further, as I am working in India and if my current company sponsors me for my education in Canada then, Which documents do i need to show?

Please help..
Tuition+$10k+flights needs to in your or your sponsor's bank account.

You can use your sister's bank acct, you just need to provide a letter or an affidavit stating that she will provide for your studies in Canada.

As for the company, you need to provide financial reports i.e income tax, bank accounts to show their capacity to sponsor you. And sponsorship letter from your company.

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
Looks like nobody knows the answer to this question:

Does the money have to be there for 4 months?

I know that they want to see the last 4 months of bank statement. However, does the money have to be in the account for the entirety of that 4 month?

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAHIMBD said:
Looks like nobody knows the answer to this question:

Does the money have to be there for 4 months?

I know that they want to see the last 4 months of bank statement. However, does the money have to be in the account for the entirety of that 4 month?
Yes the money has to be there for the entirety of that 4months.

meanvicky

Feb 24, 2015
wandermom said:
Tuition+$10k+flights needs to in your or your sponsor's bank account.

You can use your sister's bank acct, you just need to provide a letter or an affidavit stating that she will provide for your studies in Canada.

As for the company, you need to provide financial reports i.e income tax, bank accounts to show their capacity to sponsor you. And sponsorship letter from your company.
Thanks for helping me out..
And If i pay my 1 year tuition fees and get a GIC of $10,000 then how much do i need to show in my or my sister's account?

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^^ hi meanvicky! Im sorry but I dont know about GIC.

Granted you paid your 1yr tuition, you need to show cost of flights and the $10k.

Mrvka

Mar 16, 2015
I don't think that you have to have the money on the bank account for all 4 months, but you have to enclose some letter in which you are explaining where did you get the money from.

It would be great if someone with experience with not having the money for all 4 months to inform us more about that.

Thanks!

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Hi guys!

I have these bank accounts - 3 savings, 2 USD certificates, 1 time deposit and 2 checking accounts. Most of them were joint accounts with my aunt. But last month, everything was ammended to me, so all of these accounts are already under my name. These accounts are already more than 10 years in the bank. I am going to show these accounts as my proof of funds. Do I still have to explain everything in my application?

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Floje said:
Hi guys!

I have these bank accounts - 3 savings, 2 USD certificates, 1 time deposit and 2 checking accounts. Most of them were joint accounts with my aunt. But last month, everything was ammended to me, so all of these accounts are already under my name. These accounts are already more than 10 years in the bank. I am going to show these accounts as my proof of funds. Do I still have to explain everything in my application?
Yes floje. Especially if your accounts are from BPI. Kay sa akoa nag appear pa ang maiden name nako maski na change na sya. How many months na statement imong plan isubmit?

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
wandermom said:
Yes floje. Especially if your accounts are from BPI. Kay sa akoa nag appear pa ang maiden name nako maski na change na sya. How many months na statement imong plan isubmit?
Ang sulti sa taga Allied bank which is PNB na karon kay nag merge sila, dili na man daw mo appear ang name sa akong auntie sa bank certificates, akoa na daw name. Plan nako 4 or 5 months bank statements since gi ammend na sa ako name ang mga accounts. Naglibog pa ko. Hehe.

So giunsa man nimo wandermom? Imo rang giapil sa imo SOP or naghimo jud ka separate letter?

fher23

Mar 13, 2015
Hi Guys

About the tuition, i am planning to take a Graduate Diploma, which consists of 10 courses (30 credits), but due to seasons, a student
usually spends 3 semesters to finish the Diploma, it means i would be registering for maybe 3 courses (9 credits), per semester.

Each course of 3 credits cost around 2000 cad, so the total Diploma would be 20.000 Cad

Do i need to show those 20.000 or just the money for the courses that i am intending to take when applying for the visa?

I appreciate your response

Fernando

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^^Floje

Yes dili na mag appear name sa imong auntie sa Certificate, same sa akoa, sa statements lang kay naa gihapon. sa BPI man gud I changed my name Aug 2014 lang, so the statements before Aug maiden name pa nkabutang. Dili na daw nila machange. So I decided to show 5months bank statement instead of 12months nga plano unta nako aron di nako mag explain about it kung ngano lahi name. Anyway naa man ko waiver didto allowing CIC to check on the status of my bank account. Nagtry kag paprint maski 1month lang nga statement? aron makita lang nimo unsay porma? mao na akong gibuhat hehe