Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 18.03.2013 DM on 11.4.2013 waiting for PPR2
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi, just wanted to ask at what address do I send my updated document with the addition of my daughters detail?

I mean where to courier in LVO?

Thanks

Mr PRESIDENT

Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 sep 2011
AOR Received.
18 dec 2011
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
Coming soon
Med's Done....
Coming soon
Interview........
They don't want to mess with me
Passport Req..
Coming soon
VISA ISSUED...
Coming soon
LANDED..........
Get ready canada I am coming soon
CANVINCHENG said:
Mr. President, do you have any idea how long is the passport validity that they will accept just in case they will ask for PPR? As far as i know, generally at least the passport should be valid for 6 months. To date my passport is still valid for 11 months,
11 months should be good enough from here on even if your passport will have less than 6 months when you get visa I am sure they will ask you to renew it.

Optimist22222

Dec 7, 2011
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 28, 2017
CANVINCHENG said:
Hi guys, I just received my MR!! ;D however I have some queries, they are asking for an updated IM0008 wherein I have to provide my passport details. My passport will expire on June 2013. If God permits, if they will ask for PPR my passport will be most likely 6-8 mos valid. and I will need to renew it.

Will i be having problem with regards to the validity of my passport upon issuance of visa? should I renew my passport now?

Thanks
Congrats Canvincheng on getting the MR :D. Regarding your passport validity, it will be a wise strategy to get it renewed as soon as possible because you do not know when your medical results will be accepted, when you will receive your PPR or Visa. Instead of getting into emergency situation later on, it is better to get maximum utilization of the validity of your visa by getting your passports renewed.
You can send the details of existing passports for the time being and then renew your passports. I mean do not delay your medicals etc for new passports.
This is my personal opinion, rest decision is yours.

CANVINCHENG

Dec 15, 2011
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2011
Doc's Request.
Filed with App
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2011 with PER
IELTS Request
Filed with App
File Transfer...
ECAS Status: DECISION MADE w/ Canadian Address
Med's Request
12-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
29-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2012
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013
Optimist22222 said:
Congrats Canvincheng on getting the MR :D. Regarding your passport validity, it will be a wise strategy to get it renewed as soon as possible because you do not know when your medical results will be accepted, when you will receive your PPR or Visa. Instead of getting into emergency situation later on, it is better to get maximum utilization of the validity of your visa by getting your passports renewed.
You can send the details of existing passports for the time being and then renew your passports. I mean do not delay your medicals etc for new passports.
This is my personal opinion, rest decision is yours.
Dear Optimist,

Thank you! :) So to sum it up, I will have to enter the details of existing passport to the IM0008 and then renew my passport and when the time comes that they will send PPR I will send them both the old passport and the new one. did i get you right?

CANVINCHENG

Dec 15, 2011
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2011
Doc's Request.
Filed with App
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2011 with PER
IELTS Request
Filed with App
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
29-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2012
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013
now said:
Congrats :) :) :) First good news of Ramadan.....looking forward to many more, InshaAllah

Thanks now! :)

Optimist22222

Dec 7, 2011
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 28, 2017
CANVINCHENG said:
Dear Optimist,

Thank you! :) So to sum it up, I will have to enter the details of existing passport to the IM0008 and then renew my passport and when the time comes that they will send PPR I will send them both the old passport and the new one. did i get you right?
Yes you got it right.

CANVINCHENG

Dec 15, 2011
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2011
Doc's Request.
Filed with App
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2011 with PER
IELTS Request
Filed with App
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
29-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2012
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013
Optimist22222 said:
Yes you got it right.
Thank you boss! :) +1 for you! :)

Mr PRESIDENT

Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 sep 2011
AOR Received.
18 dec 2011
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
Coming soon
Med's Done....
Coming soon
Interview........
Passport Req..
Coming soon
VISA ISSUED...
Coming soon
LANDED..........
CANVINCHENG said:
Dear Optimist,

Optimist is right that is exactly what you should do

Toso

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Sweden
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
22-08-2012 ''Medical results received status on 10-09-2012''
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2013
CANVINCHENG said:
Thanks Toso, you mean I can still put my old passport details and I will write a cover letter saying that I will renew my passport?
Seems to be the problem is solved!!!
Nice...good luck buddy!!!

Mr PRESIDENT

Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 sep 2011
AOR Received.
18 dec 2011
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
Coming soon
Med's Done....
Coming soon
Interview........
Passport Req..
Coming soon
VISA ISSUED...
Coming soon
LANDED..........
Published on July 20th, 2012
Written by: Jenny
Back
Also known as Ramadhan or Ramzan, Ramadan marks the ninth month of the lunar Islamic calendar that lasts between 29 to 30 days depending on the visual sightings of the crescent moon. Practically every Muslim in Canada during this period customarily takes part in prayer, fasting, and charity-giving. Muslims who are fasting refrain from eating, drinking and having sexual relations from dawn to sunset.

Ramadan activities in Canada

Several Muslims in Canada abstain from eating during daytime. Fasting is among the significant religious duties and one of the Five Pillars of Islam.

Fasting

The Fasting period is divided into prayer time and iftar, a meal time after sunset. Some mosques throw evening meals for the community so that Muslims can split their period for fasting during Ramadan. The meal for dinner is usually composed of lentils, chickpeas, and other beans.

Charity giving

Muslims are encouraged to participate in charitable deeds for the poor or the needy, and engage in some voluntary activities. This Muslim tradition ensues from their desire to widen the range of their compassion for starving and less fortunate people.

Prayer

During Ramadan, Muslims are encouraged to recite the entire Qur’an inside the mosques every night of Ramadan month. Some of them read the Qur’an after a recital of special prayers called Tarawih.

Muslim-owned businesses

Several business owners who share Islamic faith temporarily change the opening or operating hours of their establishments to adjust to Ramadan time for prayer.

Experience Ramadan in Canada

Non-Canadian or non-resident Muslims who like to welcome Ramadan in Canada or join their brothers and sisters in Islamic faith to fast, pray, and evaluate themselves for spiritual growth, can speak to our skilled immigration lawyers at Niren and Associates about immigration application.

Niren and Associates, a firm with offices across Canada and the United States, has been in immigration practice for over 15 years, and can certainly meet your immigration needs.

To learn what the firm can do for your case, you may call 1-866 929 0991 or send your email to info@visaplace.com.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially

Share:
Email
Print
Facebook
inShare

Categories: CANADA VISA NEWS, immigration blog, immigration law firm toronto, immigration lawyers, toronto immigration law firm, toronto immigration lawyers
Tags: 2012 Ramadan Celebration, Muslims in Canada, Ramadan 2012 in Canada, Ramadan Visitor visa
Back

Hossein arefi

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
AEO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/10/2011
AOR Received.
PER received on 5th Jan 2012
IELTS Request
With documents
File Transfer...
In Process- second line " We started the processing of your file on 16/08/2012"
Med's Request
12/12/12
Med's Done....
25/12/12
Interview........
3rd Line 26/01/2013
Passport Req..
10/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/03/2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah on Oct 2013
CANVINCHENG said:
Hi guys, I just received my MR!! ;D however I have some queries, they are asking for an updated IM0008 wherein I have to provide my passport details. My passport will expire on June 2013. If God permits, if they will ask for PPR my passport will be most likely 6-8 mos valid. and I will need to renew it.

Will i be having problem with regards to the validity of my passport upon issuance of visa? should I renew my passport now?

Thanks
Congratulations , , , for the first step on the bridge to Canada,
Regarding your passport, i think you can do your edical with the old passport, and send the new copies to VO, when they will send you the PPR, then you have to send the both passport to them.

All the best,

Hossein arefi

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
AEO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/10/2011
AOR Received.
PER received on 5th Jan 2012
IELTS Request
With documents
File Transfer...
In Process- second line " We started the processing of your file on 16/08/2012"
Med's Request
12/12/12
Med's Done....
25/12/12
Interview........
3rd Line 26/01/2013
Passport Req..
10/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/03/2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah on Oct 2013
CANVINCHENG said:

Thanks
Once again, Congratulation for your MR.
I would like to know, did you receive second line before receiving medical? How did you receive you MR?

Thank you,

yolex01

Oct 15, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
6241 (Chef)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/07/2011
AOR Received.
21/09/2011
File Transfer...
beginning October 2011 / 2nd line 07/06/12
Med's Request
12/07/2012 requested with PCC & RPRF + some updated forms
Med's Done....
02/08/2012 / MR + updated forms & PCC delivered 08/08/12.....3rd line on E-cas 07/10/12
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04/10/2012....PPs sent 05/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on E-cas 07/10/12 / visa issued 26/10/2012 / passports received back 01/11/2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
Foggy frog said:
Yolex01, Thank you for taking time to reply. I don't know how to add my timeline but I can briefly tell you about my case. I applied FSW1 in april 2011 NOC 2121. Refused may 2011 but did not know until refund reached bank, due to lost letter. Contacted nova scotia to appeal. Appeal accepted and allowed to re-apply in July. Got PER end of July file transferred to LVO 8th August. Received letter 23 sept 2011 asking for originals of PHD etc. The letter said a decision would be made in 60 days. Never heard anything so emailed april 2012 to ask why 60 days had long past with no response. Answer "...we do not comment on processing times..." Coming up to a year with file at LVO and wondering whats going on. My Ecas has the second line you mention. Its been there since late 2011

Regards, FF
Dear Foggy,

It sounds like you are an MI2 applicants (before july 2011). If so then it appears that for IM2 2nd line appears when LVO starts with BGC so it may be that they still haven't finish with your background checks. I suggest you contact your previous employer to ask if they had any calls from LVO to check your work history. If there's been no contact then you could send a CSE to LVO explaining that since it's been so long since your file reached VO you're worried that you may have missed any correspondence sent (got lost in post maybe) and therefore you would appreciated an update on your file. Another options is to order your CAIPS which will show you in more detail the status of your file and when it is schedule to be looked at next. I have never order CAIPS but I'm sure the other forum members would be ale to guide you on this matter...Hopefully the senior members of the forum would be able to comment on your options regarding your file as well....
Good Luck

rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANVINCHENG said:

Thanks
waaw Congratulations for getting MR , be healthy, about ur pp I agree mr optemess do as he said !

CANVINCHENG

Dec 15, 2011
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2011
Doc's Request.
Filed with App
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2011 with PER
IELTS Request
Filed with App
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
29-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2012
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013
Hossein arefi said:
Once again, Congratulation for your MR.
I would like to know, did you receive second line before receiving medical? How did you receive you MR?

Thank you,
Thanks! Yes i have my second line updated on jun 12, MR dispatched on july 12. We received MR on july 20 via snail mail