+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lower Limb Amputation and Canada PR

ehi0529

Apr 18, 2021
I know this is an old post. My son has a congenital limb anomaly. I wonder is he will be considered medically inadmissible. We haven't done our medicals yet. Any tips on what I can do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I know this is an old post. My son has a congenital limb anomaly. I wonder is he will be considered medically inadmissible. We haven't done our medicals yet. Any tips on what I can do?
Assuming he lives a relatively normal life he shouldn't be. Nothing much you can do but take the medical and then see if IRCC asks for any additional tests.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assuming he lives a relatively normal life he shouldn't be. Nothing much you can do but take the medical and then see if IRCC asks for any additional tests.
It is hard to say. Prosthetics and mobility aids may be factored into the costs. Really depends on the specifics. I would also look into the cost of things like prosthetics/mobility aids and what may be covered and what is out of pocket/private insurance. Also if access and costs change when your child hits 18. Many people would be surprised at the cost and how much is actually covered over what period of time. Would look at the province you are moving to and also access to services in that province especially if not moving to a large urban centre in one of the larger provinces.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Really depends on the anomaly. Depending on where you are moving from you also need to look at access to care, what will be covered, costs, etc. Canada has partial Medicare. Many employees do not offer an extended healthcare benefit plan and limits are relatively low. Canada is a big place so things like children’s hospitals can be very far away or in another province.

ehi0529

Apr 18, 2021
Really depends on the anomaly. Depending on where you are moving from you also need to look at access to care, what will be covered, costs, etc. Canada has partial Medicare. Many employees do not offer an extended healthcare benefit plan and limits are relatively low. Canada is a big place so things like children’s hospitals can be very far away or in another province.
Thank you for your reply. We are moving from Nigeria to Ontario province. For now he doesn't need any hospital care...but he will need an amputation and a prosthesis later on...and the cost of his care in this regard is highly variable...depending on the type of prosthesis. I know Medicare will not cover this fully and I am ready to bear the cost of what it will take. I am just worried about the medicals and possible outcome / implications. I was just hoping someone with some information can refer me to an immigration lawyer just in case.

ehi0529

Apr 18, 2021
It is hard to say. Prosthetics and mobility aids may be factored into the costs. Really depends on the specifics. I would also look into the cost of things like prosthetics/mobility aids and what may be covered and what is out of pocket/private insurance. Also if access and costs change when your child hits 18. Many people would be surprised at the cost and how much is actually covered over what period of time. Would look at the province you are moving to and also access to services in that province especially if not moving to a large urban centre in one of the larger provinces.
Thank you for the insight. Means I have some research to do

ehi0529

Apr 18, 2021
Yeah. I would say relatively normal. I hope the medical goes well. But I want to be ready in case it doesn't. Thank you for the reply