+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low(er) Scores? Why You'll Still Get ITA under EE

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canfsw said:
where is this data "Alberta has 0 nominations for EE; Sask has 600 and so on. Not nearly enough even for provinces" available

please share the link
Saskatchewan Application Intake Thresholds for EE is 1000 ,not 600.
http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp-application-intake-thresholds

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
Yea, I'd expect the next draw to clear up fewer ~800+ candidates and start dipping into the 500s, fingers crossed since I'm sitting at 510 points.
Hope to see you with your ITA in your hand soon. :)

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
MedZed said:
Hope to see you with your ITA in your hand soon. :)
Me too haha.

There are only a few 500s by the looks of things, I wouldn't be surprised if they are dipping into high 400s within a couple months.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
MedZed said:
Saskatchewan Application Intake Thresholds for EE is 1000 ,not 600.
http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp-application-intake-thresholds
Apologies. It is thousand. Got confused by the fact that their SINP quota was increased by that number. But Alberta did not get the EE quota; as an official was quoted saying that the backlog of entries already in AINP was 10,000 and they did not want to burden AINP further and hence did not ask for a quota. Instead, they had demanded quota for normal AINP. EE track is for out of Canada persons.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
Me too haha.

There are only a few 500s by the looks of things, I wouldn't be surprised if they are dipping into high 400s within a couple months.
I hope so.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

doubleym said:
Me too haha.

IMHO that won't happen, as people who have registered in the job bank get offers which will increase their scores.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
EEKnowledge said:
The stat model will behave similarly. The band of cut-off will become clear as more draws are undertaken.; their model will improve with more data points. Agreed. But, just giving a cursory look at Australia's draws; the bell curve is very very apparent and they cut it off at ~35% from the tail end; and shows that their first draw's cut-off was very point on indeed. first draw cut-off was 65; and it has hovered around that band. So first draw was dead-on with whatever assumptions they used. I think CIC's statistician's are working on the same assumption and similar models. But remember there is a reason they initially chose to seed their model with such a high cut-off of 886 points. Yes, the ranges will become clear because Canada's model will have high variation simply due to lopsided points given to two metrics. So Canada will behave differently. It is hard to digest these kind of outcomes; but I am not looking at a 50% drop any time soon. They will prioritize CEC; and CIC has said so too; but for other streams it is not looking good.

Not all provinces have been allotted quota into EE pool yet. Alberta for example has 0 nominations for 2015. But LMO/LMIA pockets are very deep.

I just saw the stats for 2013; and there are 146,870 workers with LMOs in Canada. Let's assume 30% of them are working in NOC 0,A and B....that leaves ~45K people eligible for EE. And imagine 50% of them want to live in Canada and apply for EE and are eligible:- ~25K people with LMOs. So you are looking at substantial number of LMO/LMIA in itself.

So once PNP get going; competition is going to see an increase and not a decrease. But this means that tail-end will have high number of candidates. What will be interesting to see is how the average score behaves. True, more draws will make the picture clearer but the first stroke of brush has already painted a foundation.
I think the big difference this time around is that LMO are not eligible for the EE. Its LMIA only and it looks like having less than 50% success rate of the LMO due to its impossibly high standards and $1000 fee will deter a lot of employers. To me the LMIA is designed to block a large portion of non skilled workers from getting any chance of success. The fact that you almost have to get a job before you can immigrate here tells you that there are too many people coming here working in industries that young school leaving Canadians and to some extent Older boomers who now need jobs, are expected to enter.

The older Boomer generation are having to look for work due to their pensions not cutting it and with school graduates having nowhere to go then certain sectors that benefited from immigrant employment will now be directed by the government to hire more Canadians.

The LMIA and Express Entry are designed to cut off the entry of immigrants and to slow it down to give them time to forecast the needs of Canadians.

At least thats my take on it LOL

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
irishIan said:
I think the big difference this time around is that LMO are not eligible for the EE. Its LMIA only and it looks like having less than 50% success rate of the LMO due to its impossibly high standards and $1000 fee will deter a lot of employers. To me the LMIA is designed to block a large portion of non skilled workers from getting any chance of success. The fact that you almost have to get a job before you can immigrate here tells you that there are too many people coming here working in industries that young school leaving Canadians and to some extent Older boomers who now need jobs, are expected to enter.

The older Boomer generation are having to look for work due to their pensions not cutting it and with school graduates having nowhere to go then certain sectors that benefited from immigrant employment will now be directed by the government to hire more Canadians.

The LMIA and Express Entry are designed to cut off the entry of immigrants and to slow it down to give them time to forecast the needs of Canadians.

At least thats my take on it LOL
Let's see how CIC behaves. But somebody earlier posted a link; and LMO=LMIA.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

IMHO that won't happen, as people who have registered in the job bank get offers which will increase their scores.
Only if Job Bank is up and running soon and employers are rushing to get LMIAs.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
" CIC advised at the November 2014 Citizenship and Immigration Canada
and Immigration Practitioners (CICIP) meeting and in outreach seminars
that candidates may still be able to obtain ITAs solely on the basis of their
human capital and transferability points. CIC refers to the fact that last
year only a minority (1200) of selected economic category applicants had
offers of employment supported by LMOs, and that CIC will still have to
meet selection targets – necessitating selection of non-LMIA candidates
from the EE pool "[Ref: http://www.cba.org/CBA/submissions/pdf/14-77-eng.pdf ]

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
CIC has been preparing for express entry for long time

Last year they made major overhaul in temporary foreign worker (TFW) program and revoked LMIA exemption for Post Graduate Work Permits.

Now employers will be forced to go for LMIA to bring foreigners to fill vacant positions.

Two Problems Here:
1. Hiring through LMIA means paying median salary, so no cheap labor (the major incentive to hire foreigners is gone!)
2. An employer will have to wait minimum six months for the employee to come and join (wow that's a lot of planning ahead)

It would be really interesting to see how the story unfolds in the months ahead.

Lets see

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
Hi All,

i am on my PGWP and i am a full time employee for a telecom company here in toronto. do i need to get a LMIA or just a letter from company stating that i am their full time permanent employee will fullfill my needs.

i applied under CEC last nov 2014. i heard the news that i am going to get my application back !!! Shocked

i have IELTS - 7.5
1.5 years full time work experience
married
studied PG diploma here in canada for 2 years
full time employee for Rogers.
bachelors degree's back home(B.Tech - computer science) both me and my wife

please advise whether can i apply for EE with out LMIA.

-AKhilesh.

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
kakhileshreddy said:
Hi All,

i am on my PGWP and i am a full time employee for a telecom company here in toronto. do i need to get a LMIA or just a letter from company stating that i am their full time permanent employee will fullfill my needs.

i applied under CEC last nov 2014. i heard the news that i am going to get my application back !!! Shocked

i have IELTS - 7.5
1.5 years full time work experience
married
studied PG diploma here in canada for 2 years
full time employee for Rogers.
bachelors degree's back home(B.Tech - computer science) both me and my wife

please advise whether can i apply for EE with out LMIA.

-AKhilesh.
If you want to claim points for job offer(the damn 600 points!), you need LMIA

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
desertfox said:
CIC has been preparing for express entry for long time

Last year they made major overhaul in temporary foreign worker (TFW) program and revoked LMIA exemption for Post Graduate Work Permits.

Now employers will be forced to go for LMIA to bring foreigners to fill vacant positions.

Two Problems Here:
1. Hiring through LMIA means paying median salary, so no cheap labor (the major incentive to hire foreigners is gone!)
2. An employer will have to wait minimum six months for the employee to come and join (wow that's a lot of planning ahead)

It would be really interesting to see how the story unfolds in the months ahead.

Lets see
Why will an employee have to wait a minimum of 6 months ? With LMIA, you can coordinate application for TFW visa while PR is in progress

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
tenkrun10 said:
Why will an employee have to wait a minimum of 6 months ? With LMIA, you can coordinate application for TFW visa while PR is in progress
Two LMIA types
Free LMIA = For EE only, no work permit

Regular LMIA = For TFW costs 1000 CAD

Once in a zillon times an employer may go for regular LMIA