+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost PR Card and flying outside canada in a few days

Orostacus

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Hi, I recently lost my wallet which contained my pr card. I have been a PR for less than 2 years as of now and never left the country. I must take a flight on the next few days and Im a little confused as to how to proceed from here but i have a vague idea of what my options are (cancelling or postponing the flight is not an option):

1.- Apply for new PR Card

leave canada

2.- Apply for prtd asap when arriving at destination

if prtd doesnt arrive on time go to the US and cross the border? ( i have a valid ESTA and last flight is new York, not too far from entry point)

Does this makes sense?, am i missing something? Is there a specific document that i will need if i decide to enter Canada through the US?

Thanks for your time.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I recently lost my wallet which contained my pr card. I have been a PR for less than 2 years as of now and never left the country. I must take a flight on the next few days and Im a little confused as to how to proceed from here but i have a vague idea of what my options are (cancelling or postponing the flight is not an option):

1.- Apply for new PR Card

leave canada

2.- Apply for prtd asap when arriving at destination

if prtd doesnt arrive on time go to the US and cross the border? ( i have a valid ESTA and last flight is new York, not too far from entry point)

Does this makes sense?, am i missing something? Is there a specific document that i will need if i decide to enter Canada through the US?

Thanks for your time.
You seem to understand. The first thing you should do is to report your PR Card has been lost. You should do that and apply for a new card ASAP.

I will say that some have been successful applying for a PRTD while still in Canada, but since your flight is days away, not worth the risk.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a specific document that i will need if i decide to enter Canada through the US?
No specific document. Carry your passport and provincial driver license. Apply your PR card before you leave Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There's no specific document but a photocopy of your (lost) PR card (which you must have on hand, right?) or even the COPR you originally got will help them establish that you the foreign passport holder are you-the-PR. They can technically find you in the databases without it but it can help.

Orostacus

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
There's no specific document but a photocopy of your (lost) PR card (which you must have on hand, right?) or even the COPR you originally got will help them establish that you the foreign passport holder are you-the-PR. They can technically find you in the databases without it but it can help.
Thanks, I do have a photocopy of my pr and my old copr. That should work