+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost old passport while applying for PRTD overseas?

jasonqw1

Mar 14, 2016
The consulate is asking for exit/entry record, however since I lost my old passport and I think CBSA only send physical mails for travel history report. Can someone please tell me what my options are? The consulate wouldnt tell me...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jasonqw1 said:
The consulate is asking for exit/entry record, however since I lost my old passport and I think CBSA only send physical mails for travel history report. Can someone please tell me what my options are? The consulate wouldnt tell me...
What country's exit/entry records have been requested by consulate?

jasonqw1

Mar 14, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
What country's exit/entry records have been requested by consulate?
I asked for specifics and they just repeat that same sentence in their emails:
"This refers to your application for a Canadian temporary resident visa. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
1. Please provide exit/entry record from Exit & Entry Bureau"

Logically I think it would be Canada's. Am I kinda screwed? I am thinking give up on applying this and just apply for a USA travel visa instead, and just walk to the border on foot... :'(

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jasonqw1 said:
I asked for specifics and they just repeat that same sentence in their emails:
"This refers to your application for a Canadian temporary resident visa. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
1. Please provide exit/entry record from Exit & Entry Bureau"

Logically I think it would be Canada's. Am I kinda screwed? I am thinking give up on applying this and just apply for a USA travel visa instead, and just walk to the border on foot... :'(
I am not too sure however, entry exit records would be for various countries you have visited/stayed. As you have lost your passport, you need to figure out the ways to get the entry/exit records for countries you have visited/stayed. CIC would check your entry exit/records to determine if you have spent minimum of 2 years out of 5 years in Canada. If you have copies of all pages of your old passport or pages with the entry/exit stamps, you can send those too for CIC's consideration.

Also, since you became PR, did you travel outside Canada? If yes, where?
If you have/had a USA VISA and have traveled to USA you can check the following link to get your USA records: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

For detailed USA records, you can create an online account and submit request to get your usa records: https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate
It usually take few days and can take up to many months. Make sure you don't use "Continue as Guest" else you may not receive your records. Do create an account.

Are you applying for Permanent Resident Travel Document? Usually CIC has authority to access CBSA records if you have given the consent to CIC to access your CBSA records. Does anywhere in the application state about granting cic access to cbsa records?