+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

:::::::LOST APPLICATIONS - REPORT HERE:::::::::

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
We need to know HOW MANY returned applications have been "lost in the mail" when they are sent from CIO back to the applicants. I have noticed 4-5 in the post 26/6 batch and others before that date. It is not only time consuming and costly having to replace all the lost documents, but there is mounting concern regarding IDENTITY THEFT. We are considering a proposal to CIC to include an OPTIONAL return fee for courier costs in the inital package that would be used in the event an application was not accepted.

Please post your experience here and follow up if your application arrives at a later date.

saichandra

Mar 17, 2010
Hey,

Thats good work.

But the issue with me is that my application under FSW-IT has been rejected as of the affect of new rules from June 26 2010,but my application was submitted on June 9 2010 as of on before of my deadline.Dude can u help me out to whom to write an email to know the reason for my rejection.

Thx

Sai

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Sai, sorry for your denial and I am not sure who you would ask. Did they safely return your application package and not get a letter? Perhaps you could ask this question on the June Applicants thread? Good Luck.
For the purpose of this thread it doesn't matter WHY or WHEN an application was returned, just that it NEVER MADE IT HOME SAFELY!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
One application, received by CIO in July, logged in system, never opened and LOST at CIO. End result: must produce completely new application to proceed.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Bumping this thread up as there appear to be more and more lost applications. Please put your details here so we can get a sense of how big this problem is.

P

piznyuralex

I can't say for shure but I assume that my application was lost. Submitted on October 13 it has never been opened. The payment method is CC so it was supposed thay charge my fee very quickly. 3 weeks have passed and I still know nothing regarding my application. CC is not charged. I am very frustrated.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi piznyuralex: If your app was only sent or received a couple of weeks ago, I would not assume that anything negative has happened to it for a while yet. I hope your fees will be taken soon and you will know that progress is being made.

The purpose of this thread is to collect stats on those applications which are KNOWN to be lost, ie, the applicant has had confirmation from CIO that they received the documents but CIO no longer knows where they are. OR, that the documents were returned to the applicant and have not arrived for more than two months. Hard as it is to believe that anyone can lose something as significant as a heavy envelope, it seems to be happening with some regularity. Quite apart from the enormous time and cost involved in preparing the application and the further delay in proceeding through immigration, there is one's right to privacy. The sensitivity of the enclosed documents and the ease with which they could be used for identity theft makes them a prime target. Faisalkahn is preparing to write to the Minister and I think all others who are directly affected might also consider doing so. If they hear many similar situations, it will show a pattern they need to investigate. This should not happen in any immigration system.

faisalkhan

Oct 2, 2010
Hi Pippin,

Thnx for your reply, and creating this group. I was told that they have lost my application, (they didn't say that they sent it back to me). I spoke to my courier company and asked for proof of delivery. Hopefully I will have the same by tomorrow, then I will contact Minister (email him the proof of delivery, copy of my bank draft) with complete evidence that CIO received my application and lost it. This is what I am going to do.

Any suggestion pls.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I'm glad you are going to follow up with a letter to the Minister, but hope you will get a new application sent to CIO immediately. When you have your courier dates (sent and received) please add that data here. The name of the person who received it at CIO might also be useful. Thanks.

faisalkhan

Oct 2, 2010
Got POD today, waiting for my IELTS result, am hopeful will send docs again on 13th november 2010, today I will email a letter with POD to Minister of Immigration.

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
I dont know if my application is lost or not, but it has been received since 5th Aug'10, and yesterday when I call CIO, the gentleman himself found it a mystery.
He did a research for me and came out with nothing. This according to him meant that my application is not opened as yet.

He was confident though that the application can NOT be lost as it was sent to the correct address (he confirmed the address from me)
(Hope he is correct, but I am now worried?) Why will they not open my application for so long when others' fees are being encashed withing days of reaching CIO

???

P

piznyuralex

Guys. How are you going to get another copy of IELTS? As I know you can personally get only ONE copy of the certicicate. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
IELTS - good question. You can get additional originals of IELTS, but they will be sent directly to an institution, which doesn't help in the CIO case as you cannot add anything to your application package. Call Centre rep suggested a copy of the results accompanied by a cover letter explaining the reason you do not have the original and that you are willing to provide an original from IELTS upon request. I would quote the date and name of the Call Centre rep who gave you the information in your letter as well. The OP Manual does not seem to have procedures to deal with applications they have lost. :-X

ranoi

Oct 23, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 3, 2010
Same here. They received my application on August 3 and until now my BD is still outstanding. I called CIO today and i was told to call back again in 2 weeks. They confirmed it is not returned/rejected. It is still unopened. But how come other applications received after mine have already been opened and encashed?
I am planning to email the minister regarding this situation. I think waiting for 2 weeks is useless since my application was long been received and still unopened. I would also know they will tell me my application is lost. I cannot wait for 2 weeks also because my bank draft will expire on january 10. it's better to let the minister be informed now before I have only a few days to complain before my BD expires.

:'(

canada121 said:
I dont know if my application is lost or not, but it has been received since 5th Aug'10, and yesterday when I call CIO, the gentleman himself found it a mystery.
He did a research for me and came out with nothing. This according to him meant that my application is not opened as yet.

He was confident though that the application can NOT be lost as it was sent to the correct address (he confirmed the address from me)
(Hope he is correct, but I am now worried?) Why will they not open my application for so long when others' fees are being encashed withing days of reaching CIO

???

peregrino

Jan 19, 2011
My application was sent via courier in November 2010. Postal tracking system confirms that my application reached Halifax on 10 November. I had not heard anything from CIO.

Last week, the language center that sent my IELTS transcripts informed me that CIO had returned the transcripts. That prompted me to contact CIO. Today, I was informed that my application was returned on 15 November due to "incomplete application" but I didn't receive the package. If it wasn't for the email from the language center, I would still be clueless about my application. Where is my application now? I don't know but it contained information ie original result transcripts from my universities, bank statements, certified copies of my passport and that of my partner. Identity theft? There is a possibility.