+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

glenmhakie

May 8, 2012
Creampop said:
Well I e-mailed Ottawa atleast I got the automated response so I know they got it, didn't even get anything like that from LA.... I'm prolly freaking over nothing but I just wish I knew where I should be looking it's kinda like being blind...
You'll get yours soon Ms. Creampop. Have faith it'll get here somehow.
Here's my timeline from PPR TO DM AND COPR.
PPR OCT. 12
Sent PP Oct. 16
COPR issue date Oct 26th.
DM Nov. 1
Received PP, COPR, and other documents Nov. 19
Total wait time: 5 wks

madras

Nov 14, 2012
PPR OCT. 12
Sent PP Oct. 16
DM Nov. 1

[/quote]

Did you receive yours in a US address or a Canadian address?

glenmhakie

May 8, 2012
madras said:
PPR OCT. 12
Sent PP Oct. 16
DM Nov. 1

Did you receive yours in a US address or a Canadian address?
CIC LA sent it to my US address

backcountry

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-12
AOR Received.
26-06-12
File Transfer...
28-06-12
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Passport Req..
20-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
04-12-12
My wife received her PPR today!!

Actually, not the passport, but a photocopy!! I'm amazed, actually, as I thought she was being processed through LA and from what I've read, they require the entire passport. But the agent she's dealing with is out of Ottawa, she's to send the copy there.

She was also required to get an RCMP clearance letter, anyone else have to do that? Anyone know why that's necessary? We didn't see any reference to that in the guide when she filled out her application or we'd have taken care of it earlier.

She filed her fingerprints with the RCMP electronically today, they're supposed to be processed within 72 hours, then we just have to wait for Canada Post to send the letter, which we'll then forward on to Ottawa. It's not a big deal, just wondered if anyone else had had to do likewise?

Our experience in dealing with CIC via email has been stellar, everyone my wife's communicated with has been very kind and personable, we can't say enough good things about them.

Needless to say, we're thrilled to have seen this wonderful progress!!

pixieprincess

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012...received by mail on 20-11-2012
I got my passport back today with the CPR (is that what its called?) Anyways just like I hoped, it was in the mailbox when i got home from school today! hurray! I hope everyone else gets theirs soon too. Now I have to find out who I call to make an appointment to land because I really don't want to drive from Edmonton to the border >.<

naturalcub

Nov 9, 2012
NEW JERSY
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/27/2012
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
Got call for LA about RPRF fee.

She said she don't see in system and if i can fax the receipt.

I call my layor as she paid this from my behalf hopefully she have something.

God........never ending ...

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed &gt; Ottawa &gt; Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 &gt; Ottawa 10/9/12 &gt; LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
WOW I got a reply but it came from LA even tho I emailed Ottawa, I double checked to make sure but the attached e-mail was the one I sent this afternoon to Ottawa. So maybe Ottawa forwarded it to LA? They are so confusing anyways here is the reply....

Dear Madam,

Your passport and confirmation of permanent resident form were sent to you by first class mail to your address in Canada on 6 November, 2012. Please be aware that packages often get held up in Canada Customs and can take four weeks to deliver.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section / Département d'immigration
Los Angeles, CA
Seriously held up for 4 weeks, you got to be kidding me right? I have mailed big packages that never took that long and they want me to wait 4 weeks for a passport... now I am really beginning to believe our mail person placed it in the wrong mail box tomorrow I will call and ask the USPS how long it takes a post to get from LA to Ontario. I guess when you look at it it has only been 10 mailing days, but atleast someone answered me! So my CoPR was issued and mailed the same day my DM was made so DM can come whenever they feel like putting it into the system.

So I am waiting, what do I do about keeping my status? just wait it out till passport shows up and then use it? if I am out of status will that give me problems? will getting another passport make the CoPR and existing passport invalid? if I do have to get a new passport and the other one doesn't show up how hard is it going to be to get another CoPR?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --&gt; Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Creampop said:
WOW I got a reply but it came from LA even tho I emailed Ottawa, I double checked to make sure but the attached e-mail was the one I sent this afternoon to Ottawa. So maybe Ottawa forwarded it to LA? They are so confusing anyways here is the reply....

Seriously held up for 4 weeks, you got to be kidding me right? I have mailed big packages that never took that long and they want me to wait 4 weeks for a passport... now I am really beginning to believe our mail person placed it in the wrong mail box tomorrow I will call and ask the USPS how long it takes a post to get from LA to Ontario. I guess when you look at it it has only been 10 mailing days, but atleast someone answered me! So my CoPR was issued and mailed the same day my DM was made so DM can come whenever they feel like putting it into the system.

So I am waiting, what do I do about keeping my status? just wait it out till passport shows up and then use it? if I am out of status will that give me problems? will getting another passport make the CoPR and existing passport invalid? if I do have to get a new passport and the other one doesn't show up how hard is it going to be to get another CoPR?
I buy on facebook from a girl in ND and my GOODNESS the border gets dang picky! 4 weeks is normal sadly. I remember ordering samples from Akins which included some bars you could eat. They get here, the bars have been removed because they "pose a danger to Canadian Society"........ yeah okay then! ::)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Creampop said:
Why would you need another passport? You can apply for a VR extension with just a copy of your existing passport, it doesn't require the original.

I'd stay in status in your position, though it likely isn't going to matter much.

I just received mail from the US that took 12 calendar days to receive, so it can definitely be slow (I have mail forwarded weekly, and service time varies from 4 days to 17 days, same location, same exact schedule.)

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
I guess I don't need another passport yet... I called the US post office they said normal delivery would be 6 to 10 days I have mailed alot to Canada and never had it take longer then 7 days so I am freaking it has gotten lost, people in this neighborhood will just throw things that don't belong to them in the recycle box and I even dug threw it LOL I have already been "removed" once for overstaying and I don't want it to happen again sadly I don't have a copy of my passport never even thought about needing one. the problem without PP I can't stay in status all I can hope is the US lets me in with the evidence I have cus going to the border is my only option if I don't get another passport...
ND = North Dakota? seriously I sent boxes to hubby and family with gifts for people at Christmas and cookies and not even thinking about it sent peanut butter cookies and even tho your not supposed to take peanut butter across the border they always delivered the cookies LOL I know I'm just being paranoid I am going to try and relax :eek:

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---&gt; Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 &lt;3
Creampop said:
I guess I don't need another passport yet... I called the US post office they said normal delivery would be 6 to 10 days I have mailed alot to Canada and never had it take longer then 7 days so I am freaking it has gotten lost, people in this neighborhood will just throw things that don't belong to them in the recycle box and I even dug threw it LOL I have already been "removed" once for overstaying and I don't want it to happen again sadly I don't have a copy of my passport never even thought about needing one. the problem without PP I can't stay in status all I can hope is the US lets me in with the evidence I have cus going to the border is my only option if I don't get another passport...
ND = North Dakota? seriously I sent boxes to hubby and family with gifts for people at Christmas and cookies and not even thinking about it sent peanut butter cookies and even tho your not supposed to take peanut butter across the border they always delivered the cookies LOL I know I'm just being paranoid I am going to try and relax :eek:
Don't panic... My husband was living in Nevada, it would take about 2 weeks for a simple card to arrive in Ontario. A package was definitely 3 weeks :) It'll arrive any day now... remember we had a Gov't holiday last week and the US has another this week...

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
I know you guys are right! this is just me freaking out LOL :-\ (always wanted to use that one LOL)

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
OK you guys won't be reading me whining anymore, because it's here!

URIFiggy

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo &gt; Ottawa &gt; LA for finalization
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012 for Stage 1; 07-09-2012 for Stage 2; 10-01-13 for Decision Made
File Transfer...
02-08-2012 to Ottawa; 07-09-2012 to LA
Med's Done....
31-03-2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
13-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt; CPR issued 08-01-2013
LANDED..........
18-03-2013
Creampop said:
Wonderful! Congrats! Total panic time?

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---&gt; Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 &lt;3
Creampop said:
See!!!! Congrats! ;)