+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lonely Canadian program

Vivian66

May 29, 2024
She is senior, I dont think she meets the Income requirements, but she has some savings, abd her daughter can show her financial independent
[/
Unfortunately savings are not counted for LICO. Her daughter's financial independence is unfortunately irrelevant. The aunt must meet the minimum income requirements to qualify as a sponsor. Since she cannot do that, this program is not an option. The daughter will need to qualify and apply for PR on her own merits.
Thank you for your reply. We have tried, but not able to see other solutions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In that case it sounds like the daughter will have to be satisfied with just visiting.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Please help, my 70 year old aunt , a Canadian citizen who has lived in Canada for 20 years. Her husband died long time ago, and she doesnt have any relative, or family in Canada.
She has an adult daughter who is 40 years old, divorced . She would like to sponsor her daughter to Canada.

Can she sponsor her as a lonely Canadian program. She is currently receiving Old age security, and retirement benefits around 1800 a month. Her daughter is visiting her in Canada on a Canada visitor visa for 6 months.
Thank you for your help.
Don't believe she will have enough income to sponsor her daughter. She could have done that when her husband passed away a long time ago (she may still be young and still had income)
Too bad that she didn't think of doing that until she really needs someone to take care of her now at age 70.
Her daughter will need to just visit. And make sure the daughter purchase health insurance to cover her own emergency medical insurance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Before you drop the idea, however, strongly suggest you check the aunt's ACTUAL income as reported and not just go by the general statements about OAS and pension income. Look up the ACTUAL line item on her tax returns that IRCC requests.

While it may be unlikely, income from savings and the like can add up.

krncvlls

Oct 18, 2024
Hi, my sister is in canada ( PR already ). She is living alone in BC. Now she wants to get me under lonely canadian program. Am I eligible?
-Our parents are both not medicall fit ( have heart disease and underwent operation)
-All of our brother and sisters have family already here in PH except me thats why I am the onyl one can go there

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, my sister is in canada ( PR already ). She is living alone in BC. Now she wants to get me under lonely canadian program. Am I eligible?
-Our parents are both not medicall fit ( have heart disease and underwent operation)
-All of our brother and sisters have family already here in PH except me thats why I am the onyl one can go there
You are not eligible for the program. She cannot have any grandparents or parents living or any family in Canada (siblings, children, spouse).

Reactions: Buletruck