+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Visa Office

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MH_UK said:
Every one needs to calm down, they are within their processing time and sending them email wouldn't really help and annoy them further. None of us work in the LVO so doing extensive analysis based upon our own assumptions is not really wise but adds to the frustration. So stay positive and and have faith :)
I totally agree emailing the LVO will annoy them and possibly slow them down even more.

However, emailing the minister in charge will probably help our case if we bring to his attention that other visa offices are processing visas at a much quicker rate and there are a number of reasons as to why London is being really slow. He might then try and help our case. Emailing can do no harm.

I wish we could al calm down but its just really really annoying reading on this forum other members getting their visas, medicals etc and we picked the short straw because we are with the LVO. We all just want to try and resolve and help our situation. If anybody else has got anybody idea other than emailing the minister then please share.

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
Personally I don't think annoying either CIC, LVO, or even the minister is likely to help the cause. Just my opinion.

We are not Canadian residents or citizens, and I don't consider it an offence that the Canadian government therefore does not work for me,instead it works for the people in Canada. So we should not accuse LVO of acting in bad faith.

There is a "right" way to push the minister/government, which is via MP's (Members of Parliament). If you know somebody in Canada then they can write a letter to their MP pointing out the inequity of Visa Office timings to their MP. I guess arguments relating to equity could be the way to go - i.e. surely Canada does not want only people from the Indian community (nice as they are) - why don't they want people from the English/Arab community - are we not welcome? That kind of thing (though probably not quite as accusatory as I've phrased it.)

The point is that if the letter is written by someone from the English/Arab/Pakistan/whoever-I-have-missed-out-who-uses-LVO(sorry) community who lives in Canada (i.e. to whom the MP is responsible) then they are entitled to an answer, which we are not entitled to (sorry - I know it feels like we do, but actually we don't).

pharmacistfarhan

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-5-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent along with application
AOR Received.
PER: 03-7-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-01-2014 , 3rd line appeared on ECAS on Jan 23, 2014, RPRF Request on May 13, 2014, RPRF DD received by LVO on May 19, 2014.
Interview........
Alhumdolillah waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 on Aug 26, 2014, PPR2 on Sep 24, 2014, Decision Made on Sep26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdullilah Passports received on Sep 30, 2014
LANDED..........
22 Oct 2014
tashford said:
Hi yeah, I've just sent another email to him, so I don't think it can do any harm.

Tom
I just dropped another email to him.........on his parl.gc.ca address........let see when response comes !!!!!!!!!

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
tashford said:
I totally agree emailing the LVO will annoy them and possibly slow them down even more.

However, emailing the minister in charge will probably help our case if we bring to his attention that other visa offices are processing visas at a much quicker rate and there are a number of reasons as to why London is being really slow. He might then try and help our case. Emailing can do no harm.

I wish we could al calm down but its just really really annoying reading on this forum other members getting their visas, medicals etc and we picked the short straw because we are with the LVO. We all just want to try and resolve and help our situation. If anybody else has got anybody idea other than emailing the minister then please share.
SIr

They hve hired many Clrecks to respond all CSE with generic answers

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loncan said:
Personally I don't think annoying either CIC, LVO, or even the minister is likely to help the cause. Just my opinion.

We are not Canadian residents or citizens, and I don't consider it an offence that the Canadian government therefore does not work for me,instead it works for the people in Canada. So we should not accuse LVO of acting in bad faith.

There is a "right" way to push the minister/government, which is via MP's (Members of Parliament). If you know somebody in Canada then they can write a letter to their MP pointing out the inequity of Visa Office timings to their MP. I guess arguments relating to equity could be the way to go - i.e. surely Canada does not want only people from the Indian community (nice as they are) - why don't they want people from the English/Arab community - are we not welcome? That kind of thing (though probably not quite as accusatory as I've phrased it.)

The point is that if the letter is written by someone from the English/Arab/Pakistan/whoever-I-have-missed-out-who-uses-LVO(sorry) community who lives in Canada (i.e. to whom the MP is responsible) then they are entitled to an answer, which we are not entitled to (sorry - I know it feels like we do, but actually we don't).
I do agree with you but I'm/we're not looking for answer.
Its just bringing something to his attention which I think needs looking in to. I'm not accusing LVO of anything and again i'm not looking for an answer. I'm a british citizen applying for a canadian PR through immigration.

If you look at it this way, he is the immigration minister, if there were no immigrants i.e. us, then he would not be a minister. So he is the person to speak to regarding this.

An email can do no harm, I'm not as to sure why you think its annoying sending him an email. He probably doesn't read them, a secretary will. And Im sure if they get enough from people regarding the same subject he might listen and then maybe do something. Its not asking him to do something bad just looking at the immigration office to which he's in charge.

Its only an email and if it helps it helps, if not well we've lost nothing.

toothfairy_77

May 27, 2012
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 15th 2012, PER received on March, 27th 2012
Doc's Request.
Updated documents request: March, 2013, second updated doc. request. May 2014
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
Processing started: March, 2013. MR received: June, 19th 2014
Med's Done....
Medical done on July, 16th 2014, Ecas updated on July, 26th 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1; July, 24th 2014, PPR2; August, 11th 2014, Decision made on E-cas; August, 12th 2014, Passports dispached: August, 20th, Passports received with Visas: August, 25th
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
tashford said:
I do agree with you but I'm/we're not looking for answer.
Its just bringing something to his attention which I think needs looking in to. I'm not accusing LVO of anything and again i'm not looking for an answer. I'm a british citizen applying for a canadian PR through immigration.

If you look at it this way, he is the immigration minister, if there were no immigrants i.e. us, then he would not be a minister. So he is the person to speak to regarding this.

An email can do no harm, I'm not as to sure why you think its annoying sending him an email. He probably doesn't read them, a secretary will. And Im sure if they get enough from people regarding the same subject he might listen and then maybe do something. Its not asking him to do something bad just looking at the immigration office to which he's in charge.

Its only an email and if it helps it helps, if not well we've lost nothing.
Hi tashford,
I've been reading your posts and would like to praise your sincere effort to urge other applicants to start emailing the minister to highlight processing times concerns. I can assure you - based on my observation - since you are a British citizen you will be getting your visa in less than 12 months, usually applicants from 3rd world countries especially from countries with unrest are facing delays with their processing, that's how it goes whether we accept it or not. Some applicants from 3rd world countries may be reluctant to contact CIC because they are afraid it will affect their cases and their chances to get visa. I know it's unlikely true but again applicants from the aforementioned countries -like me- are waiting desperately and patiently simply because they have no other choice and hoping one day their turn will come and LVO would start looking into their cases.
Good luck

chskw

May 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toothfairy_77 said:
Hi tashford,
I've been reading your posts and would like to praise your sincere effort to urge other applicants to start emailing the minister to highlight processing times concerns. I can assure you - based on my observation - since you are a British citizen you will be getting your visa in less than 12 months, usually applicants from 3rd world countries especially from countries with unrest are facing delays with their processing, that's how it goes whether we accept it or not. Some applicants from 3rd world countries may be reluctant to contact CIC because they are afraid it will affect their cases and their chances to get visa. I know it's unlikely true but again applicants from the aforementioned countries -like me- are waiting desperately and patiently simply because they have no other choice and hoping one day their turn will come and LVO would start looking into their cases.
Good luck
Did they prioritise British people before?

toothfairy_77

May 27, 2012
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 15th 2012, PER received on March, 27th 2012
Doc's Request.
Updated documents request: March, 2013, second updated doc. request. May 2014
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
Processing started: March, 2013. MR received: June, 19th 2014
Med's Done....
Medical done on July, 16th 2014, Ecas updated on July, 26th 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1; July, 24th 2014, PPR2; August, 11th 2014, Decision made on E-cas; August, 12th 2014, Passports dispached: August, 20th, Passports received with Visas: August, 25th
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
chskw said:
Did they prioritise British people before?
As I've noticed in LVO MI-3 applicants thread, all British citizens have finished their process in less than 12 months.

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
toothfairy_77 said:
As I've noticed in LVO MI-3 applicants thread, all British citizens have finished their process in less than 12 months.
That's an interesting observation, and has prompted me to do a bit of analysis on the spreadsheet that toothfairy_77 recently updated on that thread. It does look better for some countries than others:

CountryAmount of dataStill outstandingQuickestAverage of completedLongest wait
Bahrain11 (100%)19.7 ongoing19.7 ongoing
Denmark10 (0%)12.912.912.9
Ireland20 (0%)8.614.5520.5
Kuwait10 (0%)14.414.414.4
Oman11 (100%)21.5 ongoing21.5 ongoing
Pakistan3718 (49%)7.915.9425.2 ongoing
Philippines10 (0%)13.613.613.6
Qatar40 (0%)11.717.621.6
Saudi Arabia52 (40%)19.42123
Sweden10 (0%)17.117.117.1
UAE148 (57%)9.113.926.5 ongoing(including 2 reporting as Dubai who were 9.1 and 15.1)
UK140 (0%)5.610.8621.6(excluding a UK/BD who is ongoing at 25.4)

[tr][td]
Wait times measured in months
Other notes on the stats: Measurements are from PER to VISA, and the average doesn't include the uncompleted ones. Numbers are not high for most countries, so don't read too much into percentages/averages. Also I didn't know what the 3 rows at the bottom were so excluded them.

If the same scenario occurred this year, the UK folks could begin getting visa's in January (and we could have seen some MR's by now), but the two UK that were quick (5.8 and 5.6) were both later applicants so we might more likely expect first MRs in Jan/Feb and Visas in Mar/Apr (strike not withstanding).

Sadly our MI-8 spreadsheet doesn't include country, but it looks like country of origin is indeed a relevant comparison factor when we start seeing things happening.

pharmacistfarhan

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-5-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER: 03-7-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-01-2014 , 3rd line appeared on ECAS on Jan 23, 2014, RPRF Request on May 13, 2014, RPRF DD received by LVO on May 19, 2014.
Interview........
Alhumdolillah waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 on Aug 26, 2014, PPR2 on Sep 24, 2014, Decision Made on Sep26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdullilah Passports received on Sep 30, 2014
LANDED..........
22 Oct 2014
loncan said:
That's an interesting observation, and has prompted me to do a bit of analysis on the spreadsheet that toothfairy_77 recently updated on that thread. It does look better for some countries than others:

CountryAmount of dataStill outstandingQuickestAverage of completedLongest wait
Bahrain11 (100%)19.7 ongoing19.7 ongoing
Denmark10 (0%)12.912.912.9
Ireland20 (0%)8.614.5520.5
Kuwait10 (0%)14.414.414.4
Oman11 (100%)21.5 ongoing21.5 ongoing
Pakistan3718 (49%)7.915.9425.2 ongoing
Philippines10 (0%)13.613.613.6
Qatar40 (0%)11.717.621.6
Saudi Arabia52 (40%)19.42123
Sweden10 (0%)17.117.117.1
UAE148 (57%)9.113.926.5 ongoing(including 2 reporting as Dubai who were 9.1 and 15.1)
UK140 (0%)5.610.8621.6(excluding a UK/BD who is ongoing at 25.4)

[tr][td]
Wait times measured in months
Other notes on the stats: Measurements are from PER to VISA, and the average doesn't include the uncompleted ones. Numbers are not high for most countries, so don't read too much into percentages/averages. Also I didn't know what the 3 rows at the bottom were so excluded them.

If the same scenario occurred this year, the UK folks could begin getting visa's in January (and we could have seen some MR's by now), but the two UK that were quick (5.8 and 5.6) were both later applicants so we might more likely expect first MRs in Jan/Feb and Visas in Mar/Apr (strike not withstanding).

Sadly our MI-8 spreadsheet doesn't include country, but it looks like country of origin is indeed a relevant comparison factor when we start seeing things happening.
What does it mean by "amount of data still pending", for Pakistan the data is 37 - does it means 37 file !!!!! if it is so, its unbelievable.... LVO has got only 37 file to work with as backlog.........or I am understanding it wrongly....

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
[b][color=#800000]Landed 18th April 2016[/color][/b]
pharmacistfarhan said:
What does it mean by "amount of data still pending", for Pakistan the data is 37 - does it means 37 file !!!!! if it is so, its unbelievable.... LVO has got only 37 file to work with as backlog.........or I am understanding it wrongly....
I think this data is from a spreadsheet. correct me if i am wrong

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toothfairy_77 said:
Hi tashford,
Good luck
I appreciate your reply. Out of interest how do you know that British applicants get their visa in 12 months? has this always been the case? I can see the longest time for a processing of a British citizen was 21.6 months. This could still be the case this year.

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
pharmacistfarhan said:
Amount of data is the number of users in this spreadsheet, and Still Outstanding is the number that haven't yet got their visa.
LVO almost certainly have more to work with than is on the spreadsheet, since not every applicant will have joined the forum.

luqi said:
I think this data is from a spreadsheet. correct me if i am wrong
Yes, it is the spreadsheet from the LVO Applicants July 01,2011 FSW Applicants MI3 thread, which is the set of data which toothfairy_77 and colleagues have been updating.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lvo-applicants-july-01-2011-fsw-applicantsmi-3-t101621.16545.html

I hope they all get their visa's very soon :)

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
loncan said:
Amount of data is the number of users in this spreadsheet, and Still Outstanding is the number that haven't yet got their visa.
LVO almost certainly have more to work with than is on the spreadsheet, since not every applicant will have joined the forum.

Yes, it is the spreadsheet from the LVO Applicants July 01,2011 FSW Applicants MI3 thread, which is the set of data which toothfairy_77 and colleagues have been updating.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lvo-applicants-july-01-2011-fsw-applicantsmi-3-t101621.16545.html

I hope they all get their visa's very soon :)
Good work loncan. What is your country of origin?

My country of origin is India but working in Saudi Arabia, seems long waiting for me.

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
rawdah said:
Good work loncan. What is your country of origin?

My country of origin is India but working in Saudi Arabia, seems long waiting for me.
Thanks!
I'm English, though we do have a few Indian connections - my wife went to school there :) - never been to Saudi though, nearest I've got is UAE.