+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
uncertainity said:
For final result?
No, 3 days after submission my employer called the officer in SC and he told that approved two days ago (means one they after he received documents) and he mentioned that SC mailed the approval (ordinary mail).

K.Irfan

Mar 1, 2012
Hi Everyone,

My Employer had filed my LMO docs for Ontario on Jan 19 2012.
Can any one suggest me how long will it take to get processed.

Also , Does anyone have have any idea abt for which month the files are being processed currently by SC.

Thanks in advance

uncertainity

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
K.Irfan said:
Hi Everyone,

My Employer had filed my LMO docs for Ontario on Jan 19 2012.
Can any one suggest me how long will it take to get processed.

Also , Does anyone have have any idea abt for which month the files are being processed currently by SC.

Thanks in advance
Probably 3rd or 4th week of November.

carlosmnam

Apr 9, 2011
Well my lawyer contacted SC last Tuesday and he was told that my application started being approved on Monday and that we should have a result until tomorrow.
They didn't contact anyone so far requesting for any kind of extra document or whatever.
My application was received on November 10 by SC (thats when we got the file number i guess). This is how slow things are at SC atm.
Fingers crossed ... lol
I will let you guys know how it goes.

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
carlosmnam said:
Well my lawyer contacted SC last Tuesday and he was told that my application started being approved on Monday and that we should have a result until tomorrow.
They didn't contact anyone so far requesting for any kind of extra document or whatever.
My application was received on November 10 by SC (thats when we got the file number i guess). This is how slow things are at SC atm.
Fingers crossed ... lol
I will let you guys know how it goes.
Fine carlosmnam ;)

Today afternoon I received my work permit from CIC ;D ;D ;D

I applied for restoration on February 16th and today new work permit was is the mail box :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

carolk

Dec 28, 2011
Iva said:
Fine carlosmnam ;)

I applied for restoration on February 16th and today new work permit was is the mail box :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D
Congratulations Iva

carlosmnam

Apr 9, 2011
[quote author=Iva]
Fine carlosmnam ;)

[/quote]

Congrats Iva.
Did you have to send copy of the LMO to CIC or they simply approved the WP based on some sort of communication between SC and CIC?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Did you submit your application online?

Iva said:
Fine carlosmnam ;)

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
carlosmnam said:
Congrats Iva.
Did you have to send copy of the LMO to CIC or they simply approved the WP based on some sort of communication between SC and CIC?
CIC asked to attach a copy of positive LMO and I attached.

K.Irfan

Mar 1, 2012
uncertainity said:

Thanks uncertainity for d reply.
As u said tht its 3 rd or 4 th week of November

But did u rply to my first Qstn about how long wil it take for my application filed on Jan 21 2012 to get processed ? or was it abt the current batch being processed by SC ?

Others can also rply on these two queries.

Thanks Again

zephyr-jk

Mar 3, 2012
Hi,
I am also waiting for my LMO to be processed.... (It went in december, after an initial one went in september)

I am here as a visitor my 6 months is up mid april so i figure i should extend my status as a visitor and wait for the LMO. Can i then take the LMO and my passport to a port of entry and get a work permit? Or do i have to complete an application for WP and send it to an overseas office?

I am so frustrated by this process. There seem to be so many different ways of approaching it. Also to extend my visitor status do i tell them i am in the process of obtaining LMO or simply that i want to stay as a visitor .

any help?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What happened to the "initial one" in September? Depends on the job type you are applying to. If you don't need a visa to enter Canada, and you don't need medicals, then you can obtain your WP at the closest border.

zephyr-jk said:
Hi,
I am also waiting for my LMO to be processed.... (It went in december, after an initial one went in september)

I am here as a visitor my 6 months is up mid april so i figure i should extend my status as a visitor and wait for the LMO. Can i then take the LMO and my passport to a port of entry and get a work permit? Or do i have to complete an application for WP and send it to an overseas office?

I am so frustrated by this process. There seem to be so many different ways of approaching it. Also to extend my visitor status do i tell them i am in the process of obtaining LMO or simply that i want to stay as a visitor .

any help?