+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

miszka

Mar 4, 2012
Please I need some advice. I'm from Europe. My employer send my application on september 13th 2011.SC sad I am Approved, but my employer need to provide for me airline ticket 2-ways, health insurance and an accomodation. Which he did. SC were saying they need to check that and need confirmation letters for that, which they got last week. My problem is my employer called them and they sad they have to send my all documentation to Ministry of Labour. Please is anybody who heard about that?? It is thruth? Or someting is not right there?? Is going to be 6 months soon an I am really confused about that.

zephyr-jk

Mar 3, 2012
job_seeker said:
What happened to the "initial one" in September? Depends on the job type you are applying to. If you don't need a visa to enter Canada, and you don't need medicals, then you can obtain your WP at the closest border.
Thank you, the first one that went in wasnt rejected it just had information on outdated forms that had been used in previous years to obtain LMOs.

I think that i will apply to extend my visitor status and let them know its because i am waiting for whether or not i will be able to stay here and become a worker. Is this the best way to approach it? Is this what any of you have done whilst waiting...?

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Hi everyone, just sharing my timeline!
I am in the process of hopefully bringing a young lady to work with my family as a nanny.
Submitted my LMO application in Ontario on Feb 16. It was put into the system and given a file number on Feb 21, 2012. This evening I received a phone call, was asked 5 simple questions, and was told they would make a decision in the next few days and let me know by mail next week. Im so nervous. Ive been told in the past they will let you know during the phone call if there is approval or not. Questions asked were

what is my address
who is the care for
what is a description of the room. is there a lock on the door, window, etc
how many bedrooms in the home
how many people living in the home

Do you think I should be worried about not getting a decision made over the telephone???
Im amazed with the quick processing time for this application. Ive heard that they are speeding things up, but I wasnt expecting it so quickly.

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
Completed in summer of 2013
The processing times much be much different depending on the occupation.. I applied on Jan 10 and am nowhere near approval! Very frustrating. I'm not sure on your situation but I'm sure they don't always confirm approval over the phone but do in some cases. It may be a case of you worrying too much about it. I'm sure it will work out fine!

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi... does anyone have any update on which application is being processed now? ....my employer applied Dec 16 and still no word ...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yup, you can wait for your LMO in Canada while on a TRV (VR probably if your extension gets approved), apply for the initial WP outside Canada (the US being the closest).

zephyr-jk said:
Thank you, the first one that went in wasnt rejected it just had information on outdated forms that had been used in previous years to obtain LMOs.

I think that i will apply to extend my visitor status and let them know its because i am waiting for whether or not i will be able to stay here and become a worker. Is this the best way to approach it? Is this what any of you have done whilst waiting...?

hjshsa

Mar 8, 2012
Hi,
I want to share my timeline. My LMO application was submitted on Dec 06, 2011 and no news yet.

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hjshsa said:
Hi,
I want to share my timeline. My LMO application was submitted on Dec 06, 2011 and no news yet.
Hi hjshsa,

Thanks for sharing your timeline...did your employer call SC? do you know which application are being processed now?

hjshsa

Mar 8, 2012
SC stopped giving that information and we don't know which date's file they are working on. This is unfortunate. That is why we need to gather information together. Hopfully, we will hear back from SC soon.

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok, keep us posted if you have an update ... I hope you get the positive result next week

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
Completed in summer of 2013
hjshsa said:
Hi,
This is so slow!! I applied on Jan 10th so I am a long way off yet by the sound of it.. Visa is up on April 22 so time is not my friend!

writetosfa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
11-01-2013
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
12-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
18-08-2013
Work Permit will Expire before LMO comes in!

I'm working on renewing my work permit and I work as an HVAC Mechanic in Toronto. My work permit expires May 9, 2012.

Called HRSDC back in November asking when the company should apply for the LMO - the agent said it was way too early and to wait until Jan or Feb because it only takes 4 - 6 weeks. Company sent the LMO on Feb 16. I called HRSDC to find out what the approximate processing time is and they told me 3 months!!! Not sure what to do now as my work permit will expire before the LMO comes in.

Any advice?

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
Re: Work Permit will Expire before LMO comes in!

writetosfa said:
I'm working on renewing my work permit and I work as an HVAC Mechanic in Toronto. My work permit expires May 9, 2012.

Called HRSDC back in November asking when the company should apply for the LMO - the agent said it was way too early and to wait until Jan or Feb because it only takes 4 - 6 weeks. Company sent the LMO on Feb 16. I called HRSDC to find out what the approximate processing time is and they told me 3 months!!! Not sure what to do now as my work permit will expire before the LMO comes in.

Any advice?
Welcome to the club, I applied on Feb 10th and they gave me the same timeline of 3 months, good part is that I received a file number in just 10 days. My work permit expires March 15. Today I sent out work permit extension notifying CEC about the LMO application which is in process and also gave them my file number. My advice to you is, send your work permit renewal application in last week of April and provide them with LMO file number for reference. You're good on time. Take is easy

Bepostive

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My employer called SC just now for status check. The case officer said to check back in a week's time. My LMO application was forwarded Dec 16 and next week is the 3rd month. SC also mentioned that they are still in their current processing time. So it really is 3 months and not 12 weeks.