Letter with processing number JUN 4, 2011
No another answer till today, processing Edmonton
New Employer, and never applied for LMO before

anyone has some news?

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Still waiting on 2 possible LMO's!

One was issued a file number on 12 June and the other on the 20 June processing centre Edmonton.

anuvikram

Jul 2, 2010
rosly said:
application mailed on April 29, 2012 and they approved the on May 30, 2012..got it by mail first week of June.
i have qtn here my employer paying me 11.5 and another supervisor in my hotel she getting 14.40 as she working long time.now my qtn is i hv different n lesser pay than canadian employee so it gonna affect my case .wat should i do any suggestion?
or i just ask my employer 2 explain she working long time wid co. dats y she getting more money than me.
ANY SUGGESTION ANYBODY

help_seeker12

Jun 24, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Anyone who had the experience of being offered a job by email few days after the personal interview? The prospective employer did not send the copy of offer letter. When I contact company HR, it was mentioned that the job offer will be sent once the LMO is approve.

I am applying a job under NOC 2133/2241 in Calgary. My question: Is it a normal process to Alberta employer not to send a job offer until they get positive LMO? Is there anyone who applied LMO in the same NOC as mine, what is the timeline of the LMO and work permit processes?

You thought is very much appreciated.

Thank you!

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
To help_seeker12:

I would say sending the 'job offer' letter to you only after receiving an approved/positive LMO is solely at the discretion of the prospective employer. I can understand why your employer would not, as if I was in their shoes, I would not either until I knew for certain I was actually going to even be able to hire you, the temporary foreign worker, in the first place. In addition, depending on whether or not the 'job offer' for your employer includes some sort of 'moving allowance' or not, that would surely be a factor in the decision to hold off on giving you that or not just yet. Personally, if I was in the same boat as your employer, I would not give one out to you until a positive LMO would come in. Of course this probably varies by employer, but I do not see this as abnormal at all.

Finally, as for the timeline of the LMO and the work permit process, as you can see from just this thread/forum alone (it's a great one at that), the timeframe varies so broadly it is hard to determine. I have followed this thread for a little while now, as well as finding a few others for Alberta, and I can fairly say for sure the approximate timeframe of an Alberta LMO to be returned is around 4-12 weeks, as of 27 July 2012. Of course, some get it far later, but I'd like to think the majority will receive theirs in under 12 weeks. It depends on many things, some including the backlog at the office for which the LMO was applied at, the type of job it is, how high of a demand they are for that job, how many Canadians/Permanent Residents applied for it already, the location of the job itself in Alberta, how long and how well was it advertised, if there were any mistakes on the LMO application itself (whether intentional and/or unintentional), how creditable and verifiable the employer is, how quick do they need to fill the position, is the wage and specifics appropriate, and just who you actually get at the Service Canada department that deals with the LMO. I believe that, just in this forum alone, one person got their LMO in about a week, whereas another was still waiting after nearly six months. In all, I think one of the most important parts of it all is just how long the prospective employer is willing to wait for the LMO to actually be able to get you.

Now, that said, the other important piece that is required is the work permit. If you are a visa-exempted person, you could get one at the border if and when a positive LMO gets back to your prospective employer. It would be the quickest way. Otherwise, if you cannot, do so as soon as you can once you have a copy of the positive LMO, as processing times for that alone can be from 1-4 months.

Sadly, this isn't a very easy, or quick, thing to do. Hopefully, it will be worth the wait for you, and your employer. I hope that helps some for you.

help_seeker12

Jun 24, 2012
To inameiname:

Thank you for sharing your well organized thought. I really appreciate for spending your time and advice.

I had the job offer more than a year now, it happen in Ontario. The employer sent me the job offer package about 2 months after the personal interview. The lmo was applied after i returned and signed the offer letter. The offer includes the relocation allowance and the whole process took about 6 months.

Now, this is a new situation to me which i felt unusual. It has been about 2 months now since my last communication with HR where it mentioned the lmo/WP application is underway.

Would it be a good idea to keep following up with HR? I am just worried that it might affect my application(employer may not be willing to continue their offer) if I constantly check with them the status.

Once again, thank you!

ann329

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any new updates? Been worried for a couple of weeks.

help_seeker12

Jun 24, 2012
My employer started working on 14 days period last June 20, 2012, to show the effort they made in filling up the position. The HR said they filed LMO application July 20,2012. No news to date so far. I hope it will be out soon (NOC 2144/2133)

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
help_seeker12 said:
To inameiname:

Thank you for sharing your well organized thought. I really appreciate for spending your time and advice.

I had the job offer more than a year now, it happen in Ontario. The employer sent me the job offer package about 2 months after the personal interview. The lmo was applied after i returned and signed the offer letter. The offer includes the relocation allowance and the whole process took about 6 months.

Now, this is a new situation to me which i felt unusual. It has been about 2 months now since my last communication with HR where it mentioned the lmo/WP application is underway.

Would it be a good idea to keep following up with HR? I am just worried that it might affect my application(employer may not be willing to continue their offer) if I constantly check with them the status.

Once again, thank you!
help_seeker12 said:
My employer started working on 14 days period last June 20, 2012, to show the effort they made in filling up the position. The HR said they filed LMO application July 20,2012. No news to date so far. I hope it will be out soon (NOC 2144/2133)
Sure, glad to help. Although, I am a bit confused by what you wrote above. So you've had a job offer for more than a year now, and your employer did in fact send you a job offer and all that, as well as a relocation allowance, and filed the LMO on 20th July, but you haven't heard a thing? When I last replied you mentioned not getting a job offer, and then in your next reply you said you haven't talked with the HR for your new Canadian job for 2 months, yet in your last response from yesterday, you mentioned they only just 10 days ago filed. Sorry, I'm just confused.

Regardless, I guess if you have heard that the LMO was indeed filed, and your future employer has waited 6 months to get you already, I guess you should be just fine; just gotta wait however long it will take for the LMO to get back to the employer (hopefully no more than 4-8 weeks). And since you apparentally were even given a relocation allowance already, you have even less to worry about as that is a clear sign the employer is invested in getting you, no matter the wait.

help_seeker12

Jun 24, 2012
Inameiname:

Sorry to confuse you. But the one I indicated about an employer who provided my the relocation and everything more than a year now is my current employer. The one I initially posted is a new employer in another province where I ask if it is a good idea to keep following up with HR the application status.

Thanks a lot!

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
help_seeker12 said:
Inameiname:

Sorry to confuse you. But the one I indicated about an employer who provided my the relocation and everything more than a year now is my current employer. The one I initially posted is a new employer in another province where I ask if it is a good idea to keep following up with HR the application status.

Thanks a lot!
Oh, ok, I see. So you are already one of the lucky ones if you are currently in Canada. Hehe. Anyway, I guess since the HR for the new employer in another province did send in the LMO application nearly two weeks ago, you are just waiting. And since they cannot really tell you anything until they hear back from Service Canada there is no reason to inquire further with HR about the application status; at least until they get updated themselves.

Best of luck!

wendyk

Nov 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 30, 2015
LMO send May 1
Number got June 4
Refused August 2 due "Service Canada was unable reach the employer contact listed on the application" - my boss spoken with them on Monday twice.. wtf is that?

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
wendyk said:
LMO send May 1
Number got June 4
Refused August 2 due "Service Canada was unable reach the employer contact listed on the application" - my boss spoken with them on Monday twice.. wtf is that?
hi wendyk ,,

is service canada keep calling your employer??how come your employer didn't answer the service if they are calling your boss??
so what did they say about your LMO...
that's no good.

me no answer yet from service canada if they received my application
:(