+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO processing Time - Alberta

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hi wendyK

So sorry to hear, are you still working on implied status and will then have restoration period to try and sort it out? The whole thing is beyond words we are still waiting for the LMO filed May 9 we are now 2 days for the end of our 90 day restoration, not be able to work since mid May and nearly broke all thanks to the employer and the backlog at Service Canada I just want to scream.

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
scaryclare said:
Hi wendyK

So sorry to hear, are you still working on implied status and will then have restoration period to try and sort it out? The whole thing is beyond words we are still waiting for the LMO filed May 9 we are now 2 days for the end of our 90 day restoration, not be able to work since mid May and nearly broke all thanks to the employer and the backlog at Service Canada I just want to scream.

hi scaryclare,

how are you???
are you waiting for your LMO too???

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
scaryclare said:
Yep been waiting since my employer finally submitted the LMO on May 9.
oh noooo that's almost 3 months man....oh dear
no reply yet from service canada??
are you applying live in caregiver?

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
No its my husband who is an Long Haul Truck driver its been one big mess up by his company who told us they were dealing with it at the start of the year when in fact they did not do anything so when we applied to extend our visas in Mrch thinking they were processing the LMO it was refused cause they had done nothing! So we are in this mess cause of them and are trying to find a way of maybe taking them to smaill claims court for our losses!!!

ann329

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some says that Canadian have their words but as of now wherein my employer isn't even replying on my messages to him as regards to the status of the lmo, i felt that some Canadian employers ignored their applicants especially when they already find a replacement for the position which I think was already living in Canada. It sucks coz that lmo took us too long.

wendyk

Nov 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 30, 2015
He answered when they called, but was used representative as well. This is the problem... he spoken with them.. even then refused without reason, because app was made by lawyer.

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
hi guys,,

what's going on???

any news about processing???

you guys got your LMO already???

thankssss

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
my employer just got the confirmation number sent by HRSDC....
and its says there that they received the application july 16 and sent the application july 13 so its been 5 weeks to wait for that confirmation number...!! :(

anyway...is it possible guys if i apply for a work permit with that confirmation number??
thanks guys

blabla

Aug 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to everyone!!:))
I have a question cause i'm not familiar with this LMO procee,I have found myself employer in Alberta,and I don't understand is companies LMO number different than mine or not,cause I have received contract which I have to sign,and there is LMO number,is that of the company or mine??I thought that now when i sign it ,with that contract they will go and try to get LMO with my name on it,but one guy told me that it is my LMO number on the contract,that the process irs already done!!!I am confused,PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!!!!

White Swan

Jun 12, 2012
I'm still waiting for my positive LMO. 10 weeks and 3days now. My employer just got a confirmation from HRDC now... but I'm still waiting further update from my employer if my LMO has been approved. I have faith that Nothing is impossible with God. I will receive my approved LMO soon... just wait patiently...
Have Faith in God..Think positive always. God is working on our behalf, just wait patiently. In His perfect time, it will be granted. Godbless to all of us!

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
cpaet10 said:
Faxed lmo JUly 24 and i got positive lmo August 24. Exactly 1month!
Wow, that is pretty fast for Alberta right now. What is the NOC position the LMO is for? And out of curiosity, how many years is the LMO for?

cpaet10

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
inameiname said:
Wow, that is pretty fast for Alberta right now. What is the NOC position the LMO is for? And out of curiosity, how many years is the LMO for?
yap I'm pretty surprise. im here in edmonton rytnow. position/kitchen helper. I'm kinda worried to b4 coz I'm on restoration rytnow and almost over with 90days so what i did is i apply for work permit and restoration even though i don't have positive lmo. and finally i got it last friday. just wondering if do i have to sent a copy of lmo?

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
cpaet10 said:
yap I'm pretty surprise. im here in edmonton rytnow. position/kitchen helper. I'm kinda worried to b4 coz I'm on restoration rytnow and almost over with 90days so what i did is i apply for work permit and restoration even though i don't have positive lmo. and finally i got it last friday. just wondering if do i have to sent a copy of lmo?
Ah, I see. Well, I believe in cases such as yours you are able to apply early for a work permit even if the lmo for the position hasn't been given to you yet only if the processing of the lmo has generated a file number. As it sounds like it did, and you were able to end up getting a positive one, I guess now is when you send a copy of the positive lmo to the same folks you sent off the work permit, so they can then review it and add it to your work permit package. Once all that is done, they can finalize the work permit and send it too you.

Anyway, sounds like you did the smart thing by applying for the work permit as soon as you could, rather than wait for a positive lmo to come back to you. So now, as mentioned, just send them the copy of the lmo and you should be all set.