+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lmo in progress but wp expiry date is close...help

kuldeep214

Oct 30, 2010
HI
I applied for the LMO on 11th july n still waiting....n my work permit is going to expire on 15th sep.
I dont know what should i do now ...plssss help...

ben8286

Jul 7, 2010
You can apply online in cic website. If you have not received your LMO at this moment, there is a question asking you if you have LMO or not. You can choose the option saying don't have LMO now but it is under process. Once you get your +ve LMO,then you will send them the LMO. You can submit your work permit application without LMO within the 14 days of expiration date.

Hope this helps.
kuldeep214 said:
HI
I applied for the LMO on 11th july n still waiting....n my work permit is going to expire on 15th sep.
I dont know what should i do now ...plssss help...

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can apply restoration of status 90 days after ur work permit expires. attach that application and payment with ur application of work permit when you receive ur lmo

kuldeep214

Oct 30, 2010
ben8286 said:
You can apply online in cic website. If you have not received your LMO at this moment, there is a question asking you if you have LMO or not. You can choose the option saying don't have LMO now but it is under process. Once you get your +ve LMO,then you will send them the LMO. You can submit your work permit application without LMO within the 14 days of expiration date.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lottt for ur reply but i want to know if i got the positive lmo then can i apply for a work permit extension even a day before of my present work permit expiration date....n one more thing as u said that i can apply my work permit app even without lmo...I just wants to know what if my lmo will not be approve ....can i apply for lmo again or not ???

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I've read sometime ago that if your WP is expiring in a month, you can submit your application for the WP without the LMO. Attach a cover letter that a LMO is already in process. Then call CIC once you received the LMO.

kuldeep214 said:
Thanks a lottt for ur reply but i want to know if i got the positive lmo then can i apply for a work permit extension even a day before of my present work permit expiration date....n one more thing as u said that i can apply my work permit app even without lmo...I just wants to know what if my lmo will not be approve ....can i apply for lmo again or not ???

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you question is, if you can apply a day before ur current work permit expires. yes,you can. i did it. just make sure you have the copy of the postal receipt. as long as you send it before the expiration date,it's considered on process. u can stay in cda but can't work unless the new wp get issued

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
job_seeker said:
I've read sometime ago that if your WP is expiring in a month, you can submit your application for the WP without the LMO. Attach a cover letter that a LMO is already in process. Then call CIC once you received the LMO.
Actually, it's within 2 weeks of WP expiring that you can sent in your application by mail without an approve lmo, I was advised by the call center agent that you can do this process thru mail only and not online. One should include a copy of acknowledgement receipt from Service Canada of the lmo application, once it's approved you need only to call the CIC Call Center to provide the LMO reference number.

mznutcracker

Apr 16, 2009
hi, im on the same dilema, my lmo is still on process, but i do have already the reference # from HRSDC, my wp will expire 3 wks from now, im planning to send the application next week thru mail, ill be wrking on the same employer and same duties and resposibilities, so ill be on implied status? how about my alberta health card, can i ask for extension while wp is on process?

kuldeep214

Oct 30, 2010
sarah cunanan said:
if you question is, if you can apply a day before ur current work permit expires. yes,you can. i did it. just make sure you have the copy of the postal receipt. as long as you send it before the expiration date,it's considered on process. u can stay in cda but can't work unless the new wp get issued
can i apply my work permit app. online or i can only send it by mail ???