Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Hi ,

i am kinda new to this section . i have send my application under CEC on December and rumors are that my application will be sent back to me because the global cap was reached on October 20,2014. i am here on a closed work permit and i came here on an Intra Company Transfer.

in understand that LMIA carries 600 points for the express entry but i also read somewhere that an intra compnay transfer is LMIA exempt.

Could someone clarify this please?

Regards,
Savio

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you need an approved LMIA if you want the extra 600 points under EE. It doesn't matter that your ICT is LMIA exempt.

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Thanks .

Forgive my ignorance. Could someone explain how to apply for an LMIA .i understand my employer does that for me , but what are the information / documents needed to do that since i have to explain all these to my employer .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
zhi

savioceg said:
Thanks .

Forgive my ignorance. Could someone explain how to apply for an LMIA .i understand my employer does that for me , but what are the information / documents needed to do that since i have to explain all these to my employer .
1. The instructions and information is here: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/general/index.shtml

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Thanks PMM.The link talks about LMIA for Temporary Foreign Workers and also tells that they are exempt from LMIA .

Could someone please give more details on how to apply for one for the purpose of PR in Canada under CEC

jhugh84

Jan 29, 2015
Hi mate,

I'm in exactly the same situation - applied for CEC in November, expecting application back anytime soon and will likely need to ask my employer to get an LMIA for me.

I don't believe you need to provide documents for your company to get an LMIA, as employers have to obtain an LMIA for the job you are doing not for you as an individual - obtaining an LMIA is the CIC effectively giving approval for an employer to fill a job with a non-Canadian citizen/PR holder.

My understanding is that employers have to demonstrate that they have actively tried to fill the position with Canadian citizens/PR holders first i.e. have advertised on certain websites for a certain length of time, show how many applications they have had etc etc.

This link should help as a starting point on the official side -cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics

Good

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hi Mate,

I am also in same situation, not finding the way from where I can get the LIMA document/approval etc.. Me too on the same Intra-company transfer program in Canada. I am not sure who will provide us the LIMA document etc.

Please guide step by step..

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
savioceg said:
Thanks PMM.The link talks about LMIA for Temporary Foreign Workers and also tells that they are exempt from LMIA .

Could someone please give more details on how to apply for one for the purpose of PR in Canada under CEC
It's the same process.

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
i was going thru this link from cic
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp)
and it says that people with Canadian Work experience don't need LMIA .

Also the CAP for PR under EE is 65000 per year ( no links to proof , read it somwhere , may be someone could confirm this ? )
and based on the current ranking , and going forward, we might expect lower threshold for invites. This month , it was somewhere around 886 and i am sure the number would come down to fill in those 65000 applicants in 2015 .

All that s left is some patience to see what is happening in February .

I am a little sceptical to approach any of the consultants since they would not know the process clearly and they would try to make the most of it by taking huge chunk for their service.

Thoughts ?

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
savioceg said:

Also the CAP for PR under EE is 65000 per year ( no links to proof , read it somwhere , may be someone could confirm this ? )
and based on the current ranking , and going forward, we might expect lower threshold for invites. This month , it was somewhere around 886 and i am sure the number would come down to fill in those 65000 applicants in 2015 .

I am a little sceptical to approach any of the consultants since they would not know the process clearly and they would try to make the most of it by taking huge chunk for their service.

Thoughts ?
+1

December Applicant... Not sure what do i need to do.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
It does not say that - what it says is that these folks don't need a job offer, but if they have one with an LMIA they can get the 600 points!!!!!!

savioceg said:

Thoughts ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
savioceg said:

Thoughts ?
http://www.cicnews.com/2015/02/express-entry-invitations-apply-canadian-immigration-issued-024479.html

Hariboy

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
Nikedev said:
Hi Mate,

I am also in same situation, not finding the way from where I can get the LIMA document/approval etc.. Me too on the same Intra-company transfer program in Canada. I am not sure who will provide us the LIMA document etc.

Please guide step by step..

Thanks
I am in the exact same situation. Applied on OCt but my app got returned. My PGWP would expire Oct next year. THough I am in the EE pool with 454 points I do not stand a chance for being selection for an ITA this year. I have started my LMIA process. So this is hat u should do:
1) advertise your position through your employer on 3 Canada wide job sites with 1 being ESDC job canada. This posting has to be complete and real with your company's email id and all.
2) 4 weeks later you will be eligible to apply. Gather and fill out all documents and send it to Serv. Can.
3) They will call ur employer after 3-4 months and ask many questions. 1 month from then u should get a response from them

vivmehta

Jan 8, 2013
Hariboy said:
I am in the exact same situation. Applied on OCt but my app got returned. My PGWP would expire Oct next year. THough I am in the EE pool with 454 points I do not stand a chance for being selection for an ITA this year. I have started my LMIA process. So this is hat u should do:
1) advertise your position through your employer on 3 Canada wide job sites with 1 being ESDC job canada. This posting has to be complete and real with your company's email id and all.
2) 4 weeks later you will be eligible to apply. Gather and fill out all documents and send it to Serv. Can.
3) They will call ur employer after 3-4 months and ask many questions. 1 month from then u should get a response from them
Can you please advise my following questions...
1)What if your wages is not as per jobbank?
2)What is your noc?
3)What other things the exployer has to show?