+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My lawyer said the LMIA will take around 1.5-2 months to get approved but what i see here is it takes almost 4-5 months. Can anybody tell me the recent timeline of LMIA. Thanks

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Prat2487 said:
Hello Everyone,

My employer has filled in for LMIA for NOC category B in Alberta on Jan 26th, 2016. He still hasn't received any file number or anything related to it? Can anyone please shadow what's the timeline usually for LMIA approval or to receive file number??
Please help!!!!!!
Thanks.
From what I've seen so far, some cases are approved really fast (less than a month) and others might take up to 4 months.
Your employer should call to ESDC and confirm whether they have received the file or not. I've heard some cases which they didn't get the files and they had to send again. The best thing to do is to call them.

For assistance:
Within Canada and the United States: 1-800-367-5693 (toll-free)
Outside Canada and the United States: 506-546-7569

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
preet93 said:
Hi,
My lawyer said the LMIA will take around 1.5-2 months to get approved but what i see here is it takes almost 4-5 months. Can anybody tell me the recent timeline of LMIA. Thanks
My perspective employer applied for second LMIA 4 weeks ago and hasn’t heard from SC since then. He called them yesterday and they said the assessment process will take up to 8 weeks and immediately sent him a file number.

jrsavaliya

Mar 14, 2016
Hii...i am working as assistant manager in mac's convience store since last one year.I used to work here since it was bought my employer before 1 year 3 months.My employer is going to apply for LMIA..

My question is that can i get positive LMIA?HOW much chance to get LMIA FOR ME?

PLEASE GIVE ME REPLY

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband case.

retail supervisor 6211

SK

File was sent on 25th Jan.

File number was issued on 20th Feb.

And waiting.....

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OnOn said:
My husband case.

retail supervisor 6211

SK

File was sent on 25th Jan.

File number was issued on 20th Feb.

And waiting.....

How much wages you are showing? Isn't provincial nomination much faster in Sask compare to LMIA?

shabeeb31

Mar 25, 2016
i would like to know what is the time span for an lmia and how do i apply from India do i need a job offer to apply for an lmia

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Hello everyone , here's my timeline.
LMIA Application received from Service Canada Dec 24, 2015
Letter with file number received from employer around Jan 10, 2016 but the date which the file number was issued was Dec 30,2015
Processing center Vancouver BC (not dual intent)
High skilled- Low wage position(less than 22$)
I don't remember the NOC but it's for cook
Still waiting (just entered 14th week)
We called Service Canada a couple of times but there's nothing yet...
Waiting outside Canada
Fingers crossed and Good luck to everyone.

Pink81

Mar 25, 2016
mine timeline
jan 18 docs submitted
feb 1 got file number
until niw still waiting
NOC 6211 retail trade supervisor
from alberta

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shabeeb31 said:
i would like to know what is the time span for an lmia and how do i apply from India do i need a job offer to apply for an lmia
Please do some homework first. Google is there to answer basics.How can you expect people to answer these basic queries.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pink81 said:
mine timeline
jan 18 docs submitted
feb 1 got file number
until niw still waiting
NOC 6211 retail trade supervisor
from alberta
Hey, I sill have to submit my dual intent application for Fast Food supervisor for Manitoba. How much wages you showing?

puru87

Nov 19, 2015
alekspara said:
Letter with file number received from employer around Jan 10, 2016 but the date which the file number was issued was Dec 30,2015
Waiting outside Canada

Same here applied for cook in BC on 25th jan 2016, got file number around 10th of feb 2016. Our lawyer haven't called service canada yet. My application is running on 10th week. This is my second attempt on lmia, before we applied for specialty chef position but got rejected within less then 2 month, don't know what's going to happen this time

zenior

Mar 15, 2016
FOR LMIA there any way to see that number of NOC are available or leaving more fast, for example the NOC 2281 I think there is not much demand... there somewhere where you can see demand... of work or NOC

negative

Nov 2, 2015
Hi guys,
Finally good news.
LMIA Approved
NOC 2173 Software Engineer
Toronto, Ontario
Applying outside Canada
Here is my timeline:
Offered a job at May 2015.
Lmia Application on September (Can't remember the exact dates- 4 months after the offer)
Interview call at 8th week (November 2015)
Negative LMIA a week later.
Wage is below median. Actually it wasn't but the ad was posted with a range as X CAD to Y CAD. Eventually X was lower than median while Y was above.
So this was a very minor error.
The company was so nice to apply again. They posted another ad, waited 1 month and re-application again.
The officer said that we should write this to the cover letter of the new application so the process could go faster. But it didn't.
Re-application on January 12
Interview call March 2nd (Exactly 8 weeks. Again. It is faster than average on this forum ).
It had to be rescheduled again because the officer couldn't reach the guy responsible with the application.
Next interview call on March 14th.
LMIA approved on March 24th

Application process took almost 20 weeks(including the first negative). And I've been waiting for almost a year now.
Thanks for all people who sent feedback and reviews. I checked this site so many times. Timelines really helped me to see how the process is going.
For everyone please send your timelines, after you get results. It helps people a lot.

I am not from a visa exempt country. The next thing will be to apply for visa. I hope I will get it in 4 to 8 weeks. Worst is over now.
I am looking forward to hear your good results as well. Especially Funbox's application is very similar to me. Both applied around same time. Both refused and both IT sector.
I am sure you will hear good news too.

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
puru87 said:
alekspara said:
Waiting outside Canada

Same here applied for cook in BC on 25th jan 2016, got file number around 10th of feb 2016. Our lawyer haven't called service canada yet. My application is running on 10th week. This is my second attempt on lmia, before we applied for specialty chef position but got rejected within less then 2 month, don't know what's going to happen this time
My lawyer said Vancouver center runs at about 12 weeks while across the rest of the country is 8-10 weeks. Of course these are estimated timelines and can be affected by various reasons such as holiday breaks, incomplete application, wrong processing center etc.
Also I know someone who applied the exact same date with me in Vancouver center as well and he doesn't have any news either.
I hope everything runs smoothly this time for you. Was a lawyer used for the first application as well?