+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

JuMo

Jan 6, 2015
fredde587 said:
I personally believe they just sit there and drink coffee and maybe look at a file per day or so, its not exactly rocket science what they are doing and the processing times could be reduced by 90% lol. They have 75% less LMIA applications now than what they had in 2013/2014.

All they have to do is check the wages/all the requirements met and everything is in order, I could probably myself put out 20-30 approved applications per day if I worked there.

AMEN.. I'm pretty sure you're totally right !! It's not something you have to think over 2 or 3 times or even take a nap.

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
fredde587 said:
I personally believe they just sit there and drink coffee and maybe look at a file per day or so, its not exactly rocket science what they are doing and the processing times could be reduced by 90% lol. They have 75% less LMIA applications now than what they had in 2013/2014.

All they have to do is check the wages/all the requirements met and everything is in order, I could probably myself put out 20-30 approved applications per day if I worked there.
HI fredde587,
I totally agree with you!!! That's what I believe what they are doing whole day, and I wish I could work in SC to process the LIMA! I will be winning the awards! haha ;D

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fredde587 said:

hem.
Haha! It's a bit more technical than that I hope

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
hem.
Haha! It's a bit more technical than that I hope
Not really, I looked at the LMIA application and it is very simple and basic information, I personally believe it takes a long time because of the political views right now going on about foreign workers coming there and stealing "every" job in Canada.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fredde587 said:
Not really, I looked at the LMIA application and it is very simple and basic information, I personally believe it takes a long time because of the political views right now going on about foreign workers coming there and stealing "every" job in Canada.
I agree that the form is simple but I know that companies have to be properly registered in their provinces etc and SC checks this. They also have to review unemployment data and wage info. The process could certainly be improved and there is a lot of unprofessional behaviour in that agency with losing documents and such but we should not be prejudiced by the side of the fence on which we sit. I don't know if there are special officers that only do LMIAs but assessing LMIAs is not the only function of SC. The process has always been lengthy, and when they introduced the accelerated LMOs the system was abused. It would be absolutely ridiculous to think that they had our applications on their desks for months just because of public outcry and it took forever even when people were relatively quiet. The truth is, we know nothing of the inner workings and are therefore ill equipped to pass judgement on people that for all we know are working their butts off. If it were me I'd be royally miffed.

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
I agree that the form is simple but I know that companies have to be properly registered in their provinces etc and SC checks this. They also have to review unemployment data and wage info. The process could certainly be improved and there is a lot of unprofessional behaviour in that agency with losing documents and such but we should not be prejudiced by the side of the fence on which we sit. I don't know if there are special officers that only do LMIAs but assessing LMIAs is not the only function of SC. The process has always been lengthy, and when they introduced the accelerated LMOs the system was abused. It would be absolutely ridiculous to think that they had our applications on their desks for months just because of public outcry and it took forever even when people were relatively quiet. The truth is, we know nothing of the inner workings and are therefore ill equipped to pass judgement on people that for all we know are working their butts off. If it were me I'd be royally miffed.

They should perhaps update their systems on how they do things, I know for a fact back here in Finland we basically have a yellowpages just for companies and information about them, pretty much everything about a company and how many they have employed, this takes approx 60 seconds to do, and for the wage scale might be a bit harder depending on where and what you're working with there/experience. Anyways we all could be wrong like you said, who knows maybe they are actually working very hard but there's just too many applications and simply just not enough time, I guess we'll never know.

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
Man, if you're not ready to deal with what Canada has to offer to you you may want to consider staying in your country...
This is the way immigration works in Canada, whether you want it or not.

dotpat17

Oct 27, 2014
I am over this wait!
Patience is being tested to the max!

Gutted if this wait will lead to negative answer.

NOC 2232 - BC
Submitted 23rd Oct 2014.
Supposable answer by mid Jan! How many of us have heard responses like that and still are waiting?!

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
JuMo said:
Do u think it's good if my boos call the office and ask why it's taking so long ? It's 16th week.. :p
Your boss should definitely call, at least to check if nothing has been lost...

JuMo

Jan 6, 2015
Realben said:
Your boss should definitely call, at least to check if nothing has been lost...
Maybe he should. Again. Visa expire on feb.17 . Problem is he called once on dec.10th and they've told him they put special "speeding sticker" on the file number and he will hear something from the officer in 2 weeks. And it's 5th week already and nothing..

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
JuMo said:
Maybe he should. Again. Visa expire on feb.17 . Problem is he called once on dec.10th and they've told him they put special "speeding sticker" on the file number and he will hear something from the officer in 2 weeks. And it's 5th week already and nothing..
"Speeding sticker" made me laugh. Are you eligible for the mythical 10 day processing and have you received a file number? In my experience, SC agents have a different time scale than us normal folk and there week is about 2 or three times the normal one.

JuMo

Jan 6, 2015
ButterflyChemist said:
"Speeding sticker" made me laugh. Are you eligible for the mythical 10 day processing and have you received a file number? In my experience, SC agents have a different time scale than us normal folk and there week is about 2 or three times the normal one.
Yes, we have the LMIA file number. I guess we will need to apply for WP extension with this number at least 1 month before WP expiration. Is that what you're think ?

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
JuMo said:
Yes, we have the LMIA file number. I guess we will need to apply for WP extension with this number at least 1 month before WP expiration. Is that what you're think ?
My work permit was over Dec 31, 2014.. since we are still waiting for this controversial LMIA I decided to apply WORK PERMIT EXTENSION online exact two weeks before my expiration date (if it expires in more than 2 weeks the system wont accept the downloading/submission of IMM5710E), I attached all the necessary documents needed and paid for it.. I phone Service Canada January 2, 2015 asked them and cleared my status because I was confused if I can still continue working because my NOC and CATEGORY and condition changed (6421 to 6211). SERVICE CANADA told me I can continue working so I did.

And.. I went to SGI to request for my Driving lisence to extend as well.. I brought with me all CIC emails/confirmation letter and online processing fee Reciept of work permit, I was just wishing they could just give me atleast 3 months extension and I would be very happy.. in my surprise they gave me 8 months driving license extension (BUT HOPING LMIA WAITING FRAME WONT BE ANOTHER 8 MONTHS FOR ME)!!!! LOL! * LMIA app - OCT.2, 2014 still waiting.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Jovie said:
My work permit was over Dec 31, 2014.. since we are still waiting for this controversial LMIA I decided to apply WORK PERMIT EXTENSION online exact two weeks before my expiration date (if it expires in more than 2 weeks the system wont accept the downloading/submission of IMM5710E), I attached all the necessary documents needed and paid for it.. I phone Service Canada January 2, 2015 asked them and cleared my status because I was confused if I can still continue working because my NOC and CATEGORY and condition changed (6421 to 6211). SERVICE CANADA told me I can continue working so I did.

And.. I went to SGI to request for my Driving lisence to extend as well.. I brought with me all CIC emails/confirmation letter and online processing fee Reciept of work permit, I was just wishing they could just give me atleast 3 months extension and I would be very happy.. in my surprise they gave me 8 months driving license extension (BUT HOPING LMIA WAITING FRAME WONT BE ANOTHER 8 MONTHS FOR ME)!!!! LOL! * LMIA app - OCT.2, 2014 still waiting.
Good luck. Hope your LMIA comes through soon