+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

laila1208

Jan 2, 2012
hi i sent my aplication last oct.24.2011 open my papers 0ct.27...and i recieved my open work permit it was my birthday gift december 8,2011..so fast so good.just pray for it nothing is impossible to GOD..

dwine

Jan 15, 2012
i send my OWP and PR application Dec. 29, 2010...i got my OWP Dec.10, 2011 and my PR still on process. I checked my PR application through online, it said 17 to 18 months processing.

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
laila1208 said:
hi i sent my aplication last oct.24.2011 open my papers 0ct.27...and i recieved my open work permit it was my birthday gift december 8,2011..so fast so good.just pray for it nothing is impossible to GOD..
Wow! How amazing! I'm going to send my application in Mid March and I wish I could be lucky like you my friend got Opw within 3 weeks too ! She sent nov last yeAr and got in December!! Opw means everything to me right now esp. Bad situation with my employer!:(

johnsky19

Aug 18, 2011
Hi.
Tanong ko lang po kung dapat pang isama yung photocopy nung bagong passport?
Kasi nasa luma po yung mga stamps, visa, etc..

Thanks and God bless.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnsky19 said:
Hi.
Tanong ko lang po kung dapat pang isama yung photocopy nung bagong passport?
Kasi nasa luma po yung mga stamps, visa, etc..

Thanks and God bless.
definitely yes! both the old and new

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
Birdy said:
Wow! How amazing! I'm going to send my application in Mid March and I wish I could be lucky like you my friend got Opw within 3 weeks too ! She sent nov last yeAr and got in December!! Opw means everything to me right now esp. Bad situation with my employer!:(

Hello birdy, im going to send my application on march too! Are you already gathering your papers? who is helping you? i cant afford to pay a lawyer so im going to do it myself but still have some questions.
Im in vancouver. Where are you?

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
cats_lover said:
Hello birdy, im going to send my application on march too! Are you already gathering your papers? who is helping you? i cant afford to pay a lawyer so im going to do it myself but still have some questions.
Im in vancouver. Where are you?
Hi I sent you 2 emails, I have nobody help me and can't afford lawyer either!! If I could afford I wouldn't be a live in caregiver!! Lol , I live close to Toronto and I sent 2 email to you to spice_cracker@hotmail.com check it out let me know you got it or not , hope to hear from you soon,
Thank you and nice to know you :)
Nikki

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here for a long time. I sent my application in MAR. 2011, and then the processing time kept increasing on CIC website. Knowing that I would have to wait for another two to three years before I get my PR, I just didn't want to think about it anymore. It's a torture that we have to work as a live-in for the first two years, then another who knows how many years to get our PR. Guess I'm just kind of trying to forget about it and keep on living my life. However, what kind of life we can have. For another year, we have to work as a live-in, just wait for our OPWP. Thank God, the Government is now issuing it faster than ever, but I have already waited for another year for it. Now it's the PR. It's not going to have a miracle again like what they did on OWP. We will still have to wait about three years in total to get it according to the processing time shown on CIC.

As a married woman, I probably will have to suffer much longer time than the singles. Please, anyone here like me here, let me know when your husband back in home country get his forms from CIC. And Pls share here, as a member of foreign live-in group in CA, what's your plan for the three years waiting period. We can't go in to college to have our education done, right? So what do we do? Just keep taking a survival job and start over from the beginning after we get PR? Hope we can get some fresh ideas about our future plan.

Thanks everyone! Good luck on your application!

xtalj

Grade 08

Aug 14, 2010
HI.

i tried searching for this but couldnt find one. so hope anyone who knows will answer. a friend is to submit her owp/pr application this week but she is torn on where to send the owp application? does she have to send it together in the same envelope in vegreville for her pr application or another envelope for owp too? she said that both the owp and pr application processing are both in vegreville but in 2 different building.

please advise us with this. will surely appreciate. thank you very much.

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Grade 08,

Send both documents (PR and OWP) to this address:

Case Processing Centre - Vegreville
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, Alberta
T9C 1W3

Good luck :)

Grade 08

Aug 14, 2010
plussy said:
Hi Grade 08,

Send both documents (PR and OWP) to this address:

Case Processing Centre - Vegreville
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, Alberta
T9C 1W3

Good luck :)
just in one envelope? thank you very much. youre such a big help.

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Grade 08,

Yes :)

Gico

Jun 25, 2010
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 26, 2013
Med's Request
March 4, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
May 22, 2014
Passport Req..
May 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 8, 2014 ( received on July 19,2014)
Grade 08 said:
HI.

i tried searching for this but couldnt find one. so hope anyone who knows will answer. a friend is to submit her owp/pr application this week but she is torn on where to send the owp application? does she have to send it together in the same envelope in vegreville for her pr application or another envelope for owp too? she said that both the owp and pr application processing are both in vegreville but in 2 different building.

please advise us with this. will surely appreciate. thank you very much.
plussy is right. Just one envelope but I think you just have to write OWP in the front page of the form. you can also visit the thread of The Live-in Caregiver april, may applicants. I just learned if from there. Actually im the LC2 and my LC1 did the same

henryocana

Aug 7, 2011
hello guys my wife is in alberta and in LCP. just wanna ask what are the necessary background checks that cic is imposing? hope to hear from you guys. thanks!