+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
bakerfrench said:
Has anybody tried to call the phone number on this website to ask about the OHIP when you are on implied status? I tried, 416-421-4269, but it is a fax number, nobody answers the phone. Now I don't know if I need to apply for a work permit extension, it will be expired on Dec 2011.
try the main office Phone: 416-421-3054

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Guys do u think I have to find a new employer?we all don't know what's going on with the processing time for our work permit.I need to have a work permit by march coz i am going home on may.my previous employer booked me a flight.I need an advice.pls give me an advice guys.

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetchad said:
Guys do u think I have to find a new employer?we all don't know what's going on with the processing time for our work permit.I need to have a work permit by march coz i am going home on may.my previous employer booked me a flight.I need an advice.pls give me an advice guys.
I think you should, so that your not gonna get any hassle when you come back here. :-*

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.torontoliveincare.com/2011/08/22/caregivers-mobilizing-for-a-strike-across-canada/
TO ALL LIVE-IN CAREGIVERS/NANNIES OUT THERE PLEASE COME OUT IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD...CAREGIVERS ORGANZATIONS ARE PLANNING FOR STRIKES NEXT MONTH. WE'RE DOING THIS NOT JUST TO BENEFIT ONE PERSON IN HERE BUT ITS FOR ALL OF US AND TO THE NEW COMERS AS WELL!!!!!! WE NEED YOU TO COOPERATE AND STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS!!!ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! WE MUST BE HEARD!!!

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Friends!!

Our strike has started to spread a little.

Please let's found out a date...I got some suggestions for September 24, some suggestions for labour day, what I believe it's too close.

Let's talk about it more seriously and make a list who is going to walk at the same day and which city.

I'm in Vancouver.

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
katileia said:
Friends!!

Our strike has started to spread a little.

Please let's found out a date...I got some suggestions for September 24, some suggestions for labour day, what I believe it's too close.

Let's talk about it more seriously and make a list who is going to walk at the same day and which city.

I'm in Vancouver.
In my opion, if we could go strike at the same day in all main city. Like here Ontario, we should gather together in Toronto.

khrizzy

Aug 4, 2011
In my opinion guys.. the faster we can plan and assemble the strike the better. remember weve waited long enough and still waiting. and we should take advantage of the weather while its still warm enough to go out and march on the street. Flyers, placards and stuff is just easy to do. once weve met up in every location and gather enough numbers. Im in edmonton and i think there is already some people in here from edmonton too. we can all met up and plan the strike.

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
What if We plan a get together before hand and discuss it? Maybe make a skype teleconference? This weekend?
Nannies from Vancouver can come to my place...and we could discuss online with all country and decide when and what to do....

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
Maybe everybody should have a spokes person in each city:

Toronto
Montreal
Calgary
Edmonton
Vancouver

http://foaccanada.org/2011/08/11/caregivers-first-annual-general-conference-2011/

Have you heard of the First United Alliance Caregivers Canada having a conference on September 23,2011. Maybe we can contact them to
help us with the RALLY ....................Gateway Centre for New Canadians 905.848.1106

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
For Toronto Area they'll be meeting on the 27th of August after the scheduled talk of Atty. Rafael Fabregas on immigration issues.
For Montreal Area we'll be meeting on the 10th of September(there's a talk for the association of caregivers here regarding immigration issues,labour)

Let's not do it during the holiday.there's no impact. Let's do it on ordinary work days....

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
I agree with you Bambie girl, I had suggested it before, weekday will have more impact.

I would like to see all nannies from Canada skip a day of work at the same day, I believe that some moms will get crazy about it.

We have to show that we are necessary for the economy of the country.

Nannies from Vancouver let's meet on labour day to discuss our ideas about the strike!!!

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
katileia said:
I agree with you Bambie girl, I had suggested it before, weekday will have more impact.

I would like to see all nannies from Canada skip a day of work at the same day, I believe that some moms will get crazy about it.

We have to show that we are necessary for the economy of the country.

Nannies from Vancouver let's meet on labour day to discuss our ideas about the strike!!!
katileia said:
What if We plan a get together before hand and discuss it? Maybe make a skype teleconference? This weekend?
Nannies from Vancouver can come to my place...and we could discuss online with all country and decide when and what to do....
khrizzy said:
In my opinion guys.. the faster we can plan and assemble the strike the better. remember weve waited long enough and still waiting. and we should take advantage of the weather while its still warm enough to go out and march on the street. Flyers, placards and stuff is just easy to do. once weve met up in every location and gather enough numbers. Im in edmonton and i think there is already some people in here from edmonton too. we can all met up and plan the strike.
I seconded all of the above. It amaze me that we are over 280 on Facebook but only 5 to 10 people are really into this. Well, i love to see how many of us will show up on Aug 27th cos I know most of us are gonna chicken out and i don't see what it is to be afraid of here,we are just gonna tell them to give us our right.

bakerfrench

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bambiegirl said:
try the main office Phone: 416-421-3054
I just called Maria Leynes at 647-296-6204 and asked her about the live-in caregivers on implied status how to get OHIP. She told me currently I need to wait until my current Health card expire, and I apply for the extension of it, the Ministry of Health will deny my application, and then I can make an appeal. But currently no one can make sure I will get the extension based on my appeal.

Aug 23, 2011
bakerfrench said:
I just called Maria Leynes at 647-296-6204 and asked her about the live-in caregivers on implied status how to get OHIP. She told me currently I need to wait until my current Health card expire, and I apply for the extension of it, the Ministry of Health will deny my application, and then I can make an appeal. But currently no one can make sure I will get the extension based on my appeal.
Hi bakerfrench,

Thanks for clarifying the contact phone number for us.

Sounds like from your conversation with the Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office that this is not exactly an easy process.

Can you confirm your last sentence; did Maria say that even if you apply for appeal it is not guarantee if on implied status?