Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Guys read this link.good news to the caregiver who has an expired OHIP.hope we have the same in Alberta
http://www.torontoliveincare.com

laranel

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetchad said:
Guys read this link.good news to the caregiver who has an expired OHIP.hope we have the same in Alberta
thanks for the information sweetchad :)

laranel

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
by the way what is OHIP? is it the work permit or health care plan... because here in BC we pay for health care... we can renew work permit or health care? or both?

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
laranel said:
by the way what is OHIP? is it the work permit or health care plan... because here in BC we pay for health care... we can renew work permit or health care? or both?
Ontario Health Insurance Plan.they can renew it but not us in Alberta.I don't know in bc.

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
@ LCP caregiver- Could you please send me your link for your twitter account?

I also open a facebook account. STRIKE NANNIES

Please add this to your account. It's a open profile, everybody is welcome to post and write wherever you want.

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
katileia said:
Check it.

Facebook

Strike Nannies (Nannies On Strike)
Hi, katileia. I couldn't find it.
Could you pls attech a link? Thanks you.

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetchad said:
I will come..hope to see you there guys!! We must go, this is our time to speak up!!

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
Please go to this home page and watch the 4 videos of Jason Kenney giving a speech in front of a room of Filipinos in Vancouver with
Irene Yatco a candidate for the Conservative party.

http://www.ireneyatco.ca/

Go to the fourth ( 4th) video down, Jason Kenney starts by saying that the " new changes will provide faster PR for caregivers "

Maybe the caregivers in BC can contact this lady Irene Yatco ??

Is there a Filipino candidate in Ontario and Alberta that can help us ??

SPYROW13

Jul 20, 2011
AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO OF IMMIGRATION MINISTER JASON KENNY HE SAID THAT " HE WILL AMEND THE LIVE IN CAREGIVER PROGRAM" INSTEAD OF CLOSING THE PROGRAM, I FEEL RELIEF BECAUSE HE CLEARLY SAID THAT THE GOV'T WILL NOT CLOSE THE LIVE IN CAREGIVER PROGRAM AND THAT MY SISTER WHO IS APPLYING TO WORK AS A CAREGIVER STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO WORK HERE IN CANADA , AS WHAT FROM THOSE FAKE AND FRAUD STUPID GENIUS PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM SPECULATE THAT THE GOV'T WILL CLOSE OR SHUTTING DOWN THE LIVE IN CAREGIVER PROGRAM IN 2YEARS ..SHAME ON YOU THAT GIVING US FALSE HOPE AND INFORMATION!!!!STOP PRETENDING TO BE A GENIUS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT!!!

Cebu Gal

Aug 21, 2011
I have been watching this forum for a while now , just signed up.

I think a protest is an excellent idea to be heard . To me, the live in caregiver program is a
total mess on different levels.

1.) Long processing times for caregivers for open work permits and PR
2.) I know several caregivers who are still having a 2nd medical in Canada before applying for PR
3.) Very hard to find employers with the current road blocks. While it may sound good for caregivers to pay 0 , it is not realistic I think..... My husband's friend has a sister in SE Ontario who says that the employers are " missing" and everybody wants to hire a local nanny.
4.) Processing times for local caregivers are taking up to four months, how can a nanny not legally work for 4 months.
5.) Problems with prov. health insurance in many provinces
6.) If you sponsor your family and one of them is sick, the caregiver won't qualify for PR.

I doubt that the Government will kill the LCP but I have heard a few times that they may switch caregivers over to a regular 4 years like
other temporary workers.

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SPYROW13 said:
AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO OF IMMIGRATION MINISTER JASON KENNY HE SAID THAT " HE WILL AMEND THE LIVE IN CAREGIVER PROGRAM" INSTEAD OF CLOSING THE PROGRAM, I FEEL RELIEF BECAUSE HE CLEARLY SAID THAT THE GOV'T WILL NOT CLOSE THE LIVE IN CAREGIVER PROGRAM AND THAT MY SISTER WHO IS APPLYING TO WORK AS A CAREGIVER STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO WORK HERE IN CANADA , AS WHAT FROM THOSE FAKE AND FRAUD STUPID GENIUS PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM SPECULATE THAT THE GOV'T WILL CLOSE OR SHUTTING DOWN THE LIVE IN CAREGIVER PROGRAM IN 2YEARS ..SHAME ON YOU THAT GIVING US FALSE HOPE AND INFORMATION!!!!STOP PRETENDING TO BE A GENIUS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT!!!
hey!! LCP will never be close as they really need Caregiver here but they will make some changes and rules which is I believe they already started those some change... if you referring to those people who posted some wrong informations, inbox the person who are accountable to it..If I we're you just check the website yourself and read everything there regarding LCP rather than attacking somebody here, sounds like not appropriate!!! only no ettequette and no manners would say or attack someone like that in here!!..Just saying!!! we are all waiting for what we deserve here in canada...:) If you want to find out yourself come and join us on August 27, 2011 to ask directly and submitt our concerns regarding all caregivers situations and Ohip etc. read the column on this site http://www.torontoliveincare.com/

cardcraw

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow lol, seems the waiting is messing with people's cool. come on people take a chill pill. winter is coming, cool down the temper. There is still freedom of speech and with that comes the ability to decide what you want to accept or not. no need hating on people for passing on information. anger should be directed towards CIC not towards each other.

Divide and conquer is the best way to win a battle. Let is stand united and not divided.