Madeira

Apr 13, 2011
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
19-09-2011
Hi everyone
I've got a question for everyone. Has anyone applied for PR using representative - consultant or a lawyer? I was wondering if involving a lawyer can change anything.

I still don't understand why they are doing this to us. They should treat our applications under the rules that were in place on the date we applied. If it was a year for the whole PR process when we applied the should've followed their guidelines. Instead they've just applied the changes to all applications in the system. I was told that it is a violation.

bbggliz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Madeira said:
No, I haven't called them. Cause now they posted 13 months. I'll wait till Monday (13 months for me).

I keep thinking about contacting Investigators (CTV news team in BC). There is an investigative reporter Mi-Jung Lee who leads the Investigators, the investigative team for CTV News British Columbia.
Madeira. Did you contact CTV?

Madeira

Apr 13, 2011
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
19-09-2011
No I haven't contacted CTV yet. I lost track of who is administrator for Livein caregivers Facebook Page. I sent message to that person with contact details so we can get in touch woth CTV Investigators. I thought it would be better if it came from a big group.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Madeira said:
No I haven't contacted CTV yet. I lost track of who is administrator for Livein caregivers Facebook Page. I sent message to that person with contact details so we can get in touch woth CTV Investigators. I thought it would be better if it came from a big group.
Hi Madeira, I already emailed CTV thru Mi-Jung Lee @ mi-jung.lee @ ctv.ca using our Livein Caregiver Facebook Account.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002330252333

OFELIA

Feb 6, 2011
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
Doc's Request.
FEB 21, 2011- OWP
AOR Received.
LC2- Nov2010- AOR- Feb 2011
Med's Request
LC2 med request: Nov. 04, 2012
Med's Done....
LC2 med done: Nov. 12, 2012
Interview........
March 27, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov. 29, 2012 (email) Rcv on Dec 10@CEM.
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa : April 10, 2013
Jgal said:
Hey guys,

I've been reading this forum for a while. Thought I should register so I can share my stories and discuss with y'all regading PR and stuff. Here is a little info about me...

*Single applicant
*Application received March 31, 2010
*Started process June 15, 2010
*Received OWP March 2, 2011

It was so close as I booked a flight going home to visit my family on March 14th, back then I didnt know that the processing time was going up. I was thrilled that I received OWP and didnt have to reschedule my flight.

I think the client history update that "mybhabyu" received is a paper that the government sends us to verify whatever question they have. I got a letter sent to me to verify where I was and what I did in some certain period of time. So for you people who are working on the application, please make sure that you provide all the information correctly so it wont slow down your process.

Hope this helps... and good luck everyone!
Hi Jgal..
We have the same timeline, received my application on March 31, 2010 and received my OWP on February 22, 2011.. did u receive ur interview sked? i didn't have mine yet coz I have my family back home..

bbggliz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Madeira & Honeysweetie. Thank you guys.

I also post a link of Livein-caregivers FB account on her wall, and a link of this forum. Eventually she will see all the messages.

Jgal

May 3, 2011
OFELIA said:
Hi Jgal..
We have the same timeline, received my application on March 31, 2010 and received my OWP on February 22, 2011.. did u receive ur interview sked? i didn't have mine yet coz I have my family back home..
OFELIA,

I didn't get any letter after I received my OWP yet. Is the interview letter gonna come that fast? I thought we have to wait for a long while, no?

Bbggliz,

I think not everyone will get the Client History Information letter. If you put the right information on your application, you shouldn't have any problems. I got mine because I wrote some part of "Working history" wrong. They just wanted to make sure that all the information is accurate.

OFELIA

Feb 6, 2011
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
Doc's Request.
FEB 21, 2011- OWP
AOR Received.
LC2- Nov2010- AOR- Feb 2011
Med's Request
LC2 med request: Nov. 04, 2012
Med's Done....
LC2 med done: Nov. 12, 2012
Interview........
March 27, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov. 29, 2012 (email) Rcv on Dec 10@CEM.
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa : April 10, 2013
Jgal said:
OFELIA,

I didn't get any letter after I received my OWP yet. Is the interview letter gonna come that fast? I thought we have to wait for a long while, no?

Bbggliz,

I think not everyone will get the Client History Information letter. If you put the right information on your application, you shouldn't have any problems. I got mine because I wrote some part of "Working history" wrong. They just wanted to make sure that all the information is accurate.

hi!

I didnt get that Client History Information, just the OWP that came... My friend received her Owp in Nov 2010, and she recvd the letter for interview in March 2011. She is Single.

lyne

Star Member
Nov 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1 19-apr-2010
AOR Received.
LC2 27-mar-2011
Med's Done....
LC2 8-sep-2012
Passport Req..
LC2 22-jan-13
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 27-july-13(landed)
LANDED..........
March 20,2013
So depressing and Frustrating to wait for the owp of april 2010 applicants. We hope by nextweek, they are done about april applicants. :(

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Does anyone read the article in the newspaper yesterday? It's about "Immigration issues to take centre stage"

It focuses more on sponsoring parents, sister or brother of an Immigrant or citizen of Canada. But their main objective is "Ontario Immigrant groups are pleased that the speedy reunification of families by loved ones in Canada is being placed on the front burner by the Conservatives and NDP.

I just hope that they can include, us caregivers for this petition. Guys, I think we should contact Amy Casipullai, of the Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants. She's the one who's making this appeal possible for canadian families to bring their loved ones in Canada along with Ms. Olivia Chow, the NDP's immigration critic, she said that they will be pushing for quicker processing times.

Let's all pray and hope that LCP will be included...finger crossed *

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To the administrator who wrote the letter for Kenney, I think it would be better if we send the letter to Ms. Amy and MP chow.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pat1181 said:
To the administrator who wrote the letter for Kenney, I think it would be better if we send the letter to Ms. Amy and MP chow.
hi pat1181, I did forward the letters to MP Chow,MP Weston, MP Duncan, Min-Jung Lee of CTV, and Ms. Amy already using our yahoo account livein_caregiver@yahoo.com. Too bad no response from them yet.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@pat1181and honeysweetie- i mailed the letter too to our MP here in edmonton and to minister kenney, no response yet, but i have received an email from the CIC answering the email i sent to them, they are saying it is that waiting time is the game, i hope it would be faster,

Good Job honeysweetie!, i am planning to send the letter again to all concerns, try and try until we succeed, let us just hope that they will be bagged and here are griefs

lilyloves

May 7, 2011
Hi Caregivers,
I just found this forum and I have been reading it. I think it's an excellent idea that you have, to unite all of us and claim our rights together. It's great that you're trying to contact the media as well.
For those living in BC, I was going to suggest... is there any possibility that we could have a peaceful gathering in downtown Vancouver? We could invite reporters, let them know the place and time we are going to meet, and have a public gathering. Then, we could talk about our frustrations in waiting for such a long time, the false promises we received, and invite the immigration people to communicate to us and explain what is happening.
I wish all the provinces could do that, maybe one weekend after the other. If we can create a peaceful movement, working together, maybe we could get the authorities' attention. Of course, we all need to behave, respect and claim our cases as professionals. We should never act irrationally, nor being disrespectful. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.
May God bless you all,

Lily