destiny14

Feb 16, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jepoy0424 said:
is that supposed to cheer me up or make me nervous.. hehehe!! ;D

Hi jepoy! To cheer you up! ;) Who knows by mid of this year the updates will goes back to 6 months, probably you can have your OWP this year! There can be miracles when you believe...God bless us all!!! ;)

Jepoy0424

Feb 28, 2011
destiny14 said:
Hi jepoy! To cheer you up! ;) Who knows by mid of this year the updates will goes back to 6 months, probably you can have your OWP this year! There can be miracles when you believe...God bless us all!!! ;)
Wahahaha!! i hope so, but i checked again the processing times. As of March 9,2011 the processing time is 11-12 months.. huihuhu!!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
Hi plussy!- can i ask youi something?i am about to renew my passport in vancouver, do i have to phone them for the schedule of my renewal because i am from edmonton , i just want to make sure before i go to vancouver if what are the requiements for me to do thanks and good luck!i hope you can enlighten me
Hi rosellyalung, you might interested to this Press Release from PCG. You can save a lot instead of traveling to Vancouver to renew your passport. Visit PCG Vancouver website for more info if you are interested.

http://vancouverpcg.net/pcg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=251&Itemid=89

PRESS RELEASE

8 March 2011

ADVISORY ON CONSULAR OUTREACH PROGRAM
The Philippine Consulate is pleased to inform the Filipino community that there will be a Consular Outreach Program for renewal of passports expiring strictly up to 2012 on the following dates:

(Note: Appointment is made thru POSTAL mail ONLY - not by e-mail nor by phone)

Code

Date
For Residents
of the
following areas:
Mails must be
Postmarked
not later than:
Calgary, AB
Venue to be confirmed
CA1

29 Apr - 01 May 2011

Calgary and nearby cities

15 April 2011
Slots will be limited to 360 applicants

Edmonton, AB
St. Andrews Center
12729-111 Ave.
ED1

27-29 May 2011

Edmonton and nearby cities

13 May 2011

Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
N/A

25-26 June 2011

Northwest Territories and Yukon

N/A

Calgary, AB
Venue to be confirmed
CA2
29-31 July 2011

15 July 2011

Edmonton, AB
St. Andrews Center
12729-111 Ave.
ED2

12-14 August 2011

Edmonton and nearby cities

29 July 2011

Calgary, AB
Venue to be confirmed
CA3
9-11 September 2011

26 August 2011
1. All applicants MUST SEND the following: (1) application form, (2) photocopy of passport data page, (3) photocopy of work permit or PR card BY MAIL addressed to:

Consular Outreach 2011
Philippine Consulate General
Suite 1405, 700 West Pender Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6C 1G8
2. Applicants must indicate in the application form the Outreach Program/Code which they wish to be processed.

3. Original documents such as old passport, Work Permit or PR card, MC and/or BC must be presented by the applicant at the site. Applicants must also submit pre-paid mailing envelope (Xpresspost or courier of your choice - registered) and payment of CAD$69.00 in money order or bank draft only payable to the Philippine Consulate General. No cash payment allowed.

4. Only approved applicants (to be posted on the Consulate’s website) will be processed on the above-mentioned outreach. Only the first 360 applicants will be accommodated for each of the outreach programs in Edmonton and Calgary.

Absolutely no walk-ins allowed. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.

Last Updated ( Friday, 11 March 2011 )

OFELIA

Feb 6, 2011
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
Doc's Request.
FEB 21, 2011- OWP
AOR Received.
LC2- Nov2010- AOR- Feb 2011
Med's Request
LC2 med request: Nov. 04, 2012
Med's Done....
LC2 med done: Nov. 12, 2012
Interview........
March 27, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov. 29, 2012 (email) Rcv on Dec 10@CEM.
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa : April 10, 2013
Jepoy0424 said:
Wahahaha!! i hope so, but i checked again the processing times. As of March 9,2011 the processing time is 11-12 months.. huihuhu!!
Oo nga balik na naman sya sa 11-12 months... :(

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@honeysweetie= thanks you are lifesaver!

Oksy

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Canada lays charges in massive immigration fraud
(AFP) – Mar 2, 2011
OTTAWA — Canadian authorities on Wednesday charged an immigration consultant with helping foreigners obtain permanent residency or citizenship in Canada in a huge fraud scheme, police said.
Some 1,100 applicants mostly from the Middle East and their dependents were implicated in the fraud, including 76 who obtained citizenship.
Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said the consultant had allegedly "fraudulently helped individuals create the appearance they were residing in Canada in order to keep their permanent resident status, and ultimately attempt to acquire citizenship."
Hassan Al-Awaid, 57, faces 53 charges for counseling and assisting foreign nationals through fraudulent means to obtain permanent residence status and Canadian citizenship.
He is to appear in court on Friday and faces up to five years in prison and a fine of CAN$100,000 for each count, if convicted.

I think, this might be the reason why they have stopped processing all the papers in all the categories. They are, probably trying to find all those people who obtained the residency and citizenship in a fraudulent way. Crooked guys are making money in a crooked way and we are punished for it.

Jepoy0424

Feb 28, 2011
Guys, aside from registering your mail (application), is there any way for you to know if cic recieved you application?? how many days before you can check your ECAS account??

Oksy

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
It's not days... It's months and months. It's been 9 months already since I sent my application and I am not on the e-cas yet. I've called them a few times and they said that that information will show up only when they have finished checking you and the decision is made. But they usually open your file sometime in 2,5-3 months after you sent it and check if you have submitted all the necessary papers, if you have signed everything and so on. If something is missing or done in a wrong way, they will call you. I made a stupid mistake in my address, so they called and checked it, we corrected the mistake on the phone and everything else was fine. Then I called them two more times to check if something else was missing and ask them when I was going to appear in the system. They just told me to be patient and wait. All my papers are fine and it's just a matter of time to get the decision on my case.

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Jepoy0424 said:
Guys, aside from registering your mail (application), is there any way for you to know if cic recieved you application?? how many days before you can check your ECAS account??
Called the CIC call centre, they said they will open your file after 2.5 months receive the application. Now they opened the file received on Jan. 15
the ECAS might takes even longer to be checked.

kishia

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2010
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Med's Request
Aug 29, 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 18, 2012
Interview........
Dec 19, 2012 @ CIC Vancouver
Passport Req..
Nov 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 19, 2012 @ CIC Vancouver
@jepoy:

I saw my application on eCAS after 4 months I submitted it...

marc090979

Mar 9, 2011
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]WAIT FOR 26 MONTHS[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

:eek: FIRST MONTH
:eek: SECOND MONTH
:eek: THIRD MONTH
:eek: FOURTH MONTH
:eek: FIFTH MONTH
:eek: SIXTH MONTH
:eek: SEVENTH MONTH
:eek: EIGHT MONTH
:eek: NINETH MONTH
:eek: TENTH MONTH
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 26 MONTH

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@kishia- buti sayo nakita mo sa ecas akin di ko maview eh 8 months na

marc090979

Mar 9, 2011
rosellyalung said:
@ kishia- buti sayo nakita mo sa ecas akin di ko maview eh 8 months na

@rosell

huwag ka ma shock kung wala yung papers mo s Ecas, its normal, yung mga friends ng misis ko mga PR n sila last year pero log in s ecas wala sila..
dont worry as long as you follow the processing time and you know how to count by months past. yung OWP malapit n yun, kunting tiis n lang. hehehehe, sabi nga ni misis s akin, the more you wait the more it takes long coz your start counting the hours/days past, you should count by months its easier db.... hahahahaha

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@marc090979-kya nga sana bilisan pa nila ang processing para mabilis ang reunification natin sa family natin god bless us!