CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
@ Gico. This is a very serious issue. May LCP will face this dilema in the future. How they extend wp in one year where in the present proceesing time of 1st stage approval is 17 months. We have to address this issues. All LCP thats affected by this situation should make a petition letter to add more time when extending wp and without LMO.

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Gico said:
Wsongco,

yes, he's still working for the same employer. i just can't recall when, I think it was june 2011. We are so worried coz he just submitted the PR/OWP application last Feb 2011. And with the current trend of OWP process, he won't be able to receive the OWP before his WP expires. The sad thing is, He's planning to have his vacation this March for our son's graduation, w/c he promised. What would be his status then? can he have his vacation?
Hi, Gico. I am thinking the same things. I wanna have a vacation.

Last year, I called the CIC. I was told I still could extend my WP even it exceed 4 year and 3 months. just some more document need to be submit, like LMO, contract, ect. and a cover letter to explian the reason you need to extend WP while u have sent ur PR & OWP application.

you said the WP is going to be expired Jan 2012. It is better to submit the extension in OCT. 90 days in advance.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
@joyce exactly you need new LMO. but do you realized how hard the proceesing to get new LMO. 2 weeks of advertising plus 6 to 8 weeks processing or more. And if you live in quebec theres a CAQ another $177. The amount of money and time is not worth it.
This is another example of immigration law thats need to be change. They should give excemption to the LCP who wants to renew wp w/o LMO same employer.

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cardcraw said:
Do we need a new LMO to apply for extension with the same employer?
Hi Cardcraw,

If you have been in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program for less than 4 years and you continue to work for the same employer, you do not need a new Labour Market Opinion when applying to extend your stay.

If you want to continue working for the same employer, you will need to get a letter from the employer stating that you will continue to be employed on a full-time basis for an additional period of time and a copy of a new or extended, signed employment contract.

However, if you have been in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program for more than 4 years, you will need a new LMO to apply for a work permit even if you are staying with the same employer.

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
wsongco said:
@ joyce exactly you need new LMO. but do you realized how hard the proceesing to get new LMO. 2 weeks of advertising plus 6 to 8 weeks processing or more. And if you live in quebec theres a CAQ another $177. The amount of money and time is not worth it.
This is another example of immigration law thats need to be change. They should give excemption to the LCP who wants to renew wp w/o LMO same employer.
Thank you wsongco. How long have you been here under LCP?

I wondered anyone here under LCP has extended the WP( for over 4 years)?
And I don't understand why we need 2 weeks of advertising? we are still working for the same employer~

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I called that number that called in our home phone yesterday.nobody answers.it was just a voicemail.i just left a message.anyway ill wait for their calls.hope its a good news for us.

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
JoyceLam said:
Thank you wsongco. How long have you been here under LCP?

I wondered anyone here under LCP has extended the WP( for over 4 years)?
And I don't understand why we need 2 weeks of advertising? we are still working for the same employer~
I just applied for a wp even my last one had expired last April. I called Cic and I asked if I could renew it because I'm with no health care. They told me to apply and explain my situation. They told me to send the copy of contract, letter from my employer, fee paid, copy from passport and last wp. I asked for LMO letter and they said that wasn't necessary.

I applied in the first week of September. Wait for OWP and PR will take longe than I expected so I decide to apply.

len30

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2012
AOR Received.
E-mailed August 24, 2012
File Transfer...
August 24, 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Passport Req..
Next week!!!! Cross fingers
VISA ISSUED...
As soon as possible!
LANDED..........
As soon as possible!
:( hi everyone....

it's len30 here....
wishing to have mine soon...hopefully before thanksgiving day here in canada..
longing to have it to visit the serious situation of my family due to the sickness of my sister...
cic received my application on june 18, 2010 and until now.....no decision yet even having my OWP.... :(

really hard situation as i am having conflict relationship with my employer...really hard...
anyone here who is single applicant with no dependents and from Philippines who already received their OWP and PR?

please let me know... :-[

for I am being hopeless every single day...
just checked mby ecas and still IN process....dont know why...

Am single applicant with no dependents and from country Philippines...living here in Alberta. Thanks Guys...

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bbggliz said:
Hello All.
Today I got an email from my ex-employer. She said a lady from immigration called her while she was driving to work. this lady asked her about me, if it was true that I was living with her and why I submit my 2009 taxes togueter with my common law partner, she said because on weekends I was allowed to live whenever I want but while I was working I always stay at home with them. I hope that news is a good news for me.

Good luck for everyone tomorrow.

@bbggliz why did they only start checking this kind on sh*t after almost 16 mos of them having your application? you would think by now, they are waiting for medical result or finalizing things and not checking your eligibility like checking if you are actually living in your employer's house or checking your t4s.. this is really effing insane!

len30 said:
really hard situation as i am having conflict relationship with my employer...really hard...

@len30

you'll next in line.. just keep holding on.. you have gone this far;)

len30

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2012
AOR Received.
E-mailed August 24, 2012
File Transfer...
August 24, 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Passport Req..
Next week!!!! Cross fingers
VISA ISSUED...
As soon as possible!
LANDED..........
As soon as possible!
thanks sarah....hoping for all of us to have it...
to stop worrying and to be with our family soon.

Grant all our prayers oh Lord. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and to have freedom in a country that we'd wonder before....

BC Cad

Sep 26, 2011
len30 said:
:( hi everyone....

it's len30 here....
wishing to have mine soon...hopefully before thanksgiving day here in canada..
longing to have it to visit the serious situation of my family due to the sickness of my sister...
cic received my application on june 18, 2010 and until now.....no decision yet even having my OWP.... :(

anyone here who is single applicant with no dependents and from Philippines who already received their OWP and PR?

please let me know... :-[

Am single applicant with no dependents and from country Philippines...living here in Alberta. Thanks Guys...
Hi Len30
We are on the same boat, CIC received my application last June 16, 2010. And until now... nothing. I am single with one dependent and my son has not even received his LC2. I understand your frustration. Take it day by day for this too shall pass. I really hope we all receive good news soon for it has been too long.

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
any new updates

wishfulthinking

Sep 22, 2011
@ len30: hang in there girl, yours will be in your mail very soon. im a single applicant from phils. and single. my timeline is june 8, 2010 and i received my OWP yesterday sept. 27. they sent it sept. 22.