+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver: from Philippines

Milez

Dec 29, 2012
Hi, I want to apply as Live-in Caregiver in Canada. According to canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/ , they require 12 years of high school to be completed (there's only 10 years of high school in Phil).

I'm a college graduate in Philippines and currently staying in US with F1 Visa (student visa). My questions are:
1. Will my completed studies (Bachelor's) in Philippines be eligible enough for me to apply as Live-in Caregiver?
2. I'm a temporary resident in US, so do I have to go back to Phil to complete requirements for application or I can do it all while I'm in US?
3. Is it legit that after 2 years of working as caregiver, I can apply for permanent residency?

Thank You

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Milez said:
Hi, I want to apply as Live-in Caregiver in Canada. According to canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/ , they require 12 years of high school to be completed (there's only 10 years of high school in Phil).

I'm a college graduate in Philippines and currently staying in US with F1 Visa (student visa). My questions are:
1. Will my completed studies (Bachelor's) in Philippines be eligible enough for me to apply as Live-in Caregiver?
2. I'm a temporary resident in US, so do I have to go back to Phil to complete requirements for application or I can do it all while I'm in US?
3. Is it legit that after 2 years of working as caregiver, I can apply for permanent residency?

Thank You

I think you did not read the requirements carefully! Try to read it all again ok? So u have lots of idea about the requirements and other stuff, but anyway here is the answer to your question that base on the canadian embassy in the Philippines.

Successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian high school education

A person graduates from high school in Canada (other than Québec) after 12 years of education. Since high school diplomas in the Philippines are generally obtained after a total of only ten (10) years of schooling, at least two (2) years of post-secondary education, in which the student has obtained at least 72 units of credit, would be necessary to meet this requirement.

This requirement will help to ensure that applicants for permanent residence will be able to succeed in the general labour market. Studies indicate that the majority of new jobs in Canada require at least a high school education.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply in US, and it more faster than in the Philippines, think about this, there are lots of applicant in canada that pass their application in US even though they dont have US visa to get in, but they got approve, much more if you have US VISA and take note, u are stying in US right now, means if they contact you for interview you can easily go to the canadian embassy. Another thing, make sure that you have 6 months caregiving course or 1 year of paid experience in caregiving field, or otherwise they will refuse you, you should stay in US while your application is being process so its easy for you to keep in touch in US just incase they need you for interview or something, if you have the experience already or caregiving course, LMO and contract then you are good to go ;) goodluck

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Milez said:

1. Will my completed studies (Bachelor's) in Philippines be eligible enough for me to apply as Live-in Caregiver? Yes, but you need either completion of a 6-month caregiver training course or one year paid experience as a nanny/caregiver.
2. I'm a temporary resident in US, so do I have to go back to Phil to complete requirements for application or I can do it all while I'm in US? You can apply from the US (LA or NYC)
3. Is it legit that after 2 years of working as caregiver, I can apply for permanent residency? Yes.

Thank You

jundols

Oct 15, 2012
live in caregiver program in quebec canada timeline help

pick up doc. = october 21
until now im waiting for the aor or a responds regarding on my documents
it takes almost 2months after air 21 pick up my documents but until now
im waiting... whats the next step?
help plssss
live in caregiver timeline .......
post here tnx a lot

queenie

Apr 4, 2011
Worried..i dont have experience. .and haven't finished atleast 6mo caregiver course, ,but a BSN graduate. .do i still have a chance? . :(

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
queenie said:
Worried..i dont have experience. .and haven't finished atleast 6mo caregiver course, ,but a BSN graduate. .do i still have a chance? . :(
I'm BSN grad in Philippines, but I have experience as aupair in Denmark and Norway for 3 years. I think you don't need to have 6mons training because you are BSN grad, im not sure though

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/apply-who.asp

The Live-in Caregiver Program: Who can apply

You must meet certain requirements to be eligible for the Live‑in Caregiver Program in Canada.

You will need:

A positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from an employer in Canada
A written contract with your future employer, signed by you and your employer
Successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school education
At least six months' training or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation (including six months with one employer) in the past three years
Good knowledge of English or French
A work permit before you enter Canada

To claim work experience, you need to have worked for one year, including at least six months of continuous employment for the same employer. This work experience must be in a field or occupation specific to what you will do as a live-in caregiver. This experience must have been acquired within the three years immediately before the day on which you make an application for a work permit as a caregiver.

To claim training, it must have been full-time training in a classroom setting. Areas of study could be early childhood education, geriatric care, pediatric nursing or first aid.

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wins26 said:
You can apply in US, and it more faster than in the Philippines, think about this, there are lots of applicant in canada that pass their application in US even though they dont have US visa to get in, but they got approve, much more if you have US VISA and take note, u are stying in US right now, means if they contact you for interview you can easily go to the canadian embassy. Another thing, make sure that you have 6 months caregiving course or 1 year of paid experience in caregiving field, or otherwise they will refuse you, you should stay in US while your application is being process so its easy for you to keep in touch in US just incase they need you for interview or something, if you have the experience already or caregiving course, LMO and contract then you are good to go ;) goodluck
I just want to ask something. My sister is a radio technicain in the philippines and working in the hospital now.

My question is, is she eligible to apply under LCP?

Do you have any idea on that?

Or anyone in this forum have some info about this?

Thank you so much.

ennaigad

Jan 16, 2013
Hi,how much po ang medical fee sa nationwide?
I'm helping my cousin po kasi,she's applying for live-in caregiver,after po ba nang medical nya,ilang months pa po hihintayin nya for her visa?