+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of acceptance enough for applying studying Visa from university

ASheraz

Oct 21, 2020
I got letter of acceptance from university but university want me to pay $500 non refundable amount. My question is with letter of acceptance can i apply for Study permit Visa or i pay $500 first.

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
The deposit is for you to retain your admission and you can attach the payment receipt why applying for study permit but is optional to attach it.

ASheraz

Oct 21, 2020
The deposit is for you to retain your admission and you can attach the payment receipt why applying for study permit but is optional to attach it.
It means its not necessary to pay initial fee for apply study permit Visa, only acceptance letter is enough.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
I got letter of acceptance from university but university want me to pay $500 non refundable amount. My question is with letter of acceptance can i apply for Study permit Visa or i pay $500 first.
You will not be applying for a visa but a study permit, though you'll get a TRV temporary resident visa if you are not visa exempt.
The money your university is asking you to pay is due to your nationality I'm afraid.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
When did you get you admission offer from uRegina?

ASheraz

Oct 21, 2020
You will not be applying for a visa but a study permit, though you'll get a TRV temporary resident visa if you are not visa exempt.
The money your university is asking you to pay is due to your nationality I'm afraid.
For study permit IRCC required to initial deposit from univ for non sds? i am willing to pay after TRV..

ASheraz

Oct 21, 2020
I thought I remembered you were waiting for acceptance from university of regina? And I know they require $500 deposit for acceptance so I just assumed you got accepted there. My bad.

Which uni are you accepted at?
You are absolutely right. Your mind is very sharp.i was just checking how you know about that university.yes i got acceptance from that university.but they put barrier of $500 non refundable amount.

• Love
Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
You are absolutely right. Your mind is very sharp.i was just checking how you know about that university.yes i got acceptance from that university.but they put barrier of $500 non refundable amount.
I see! When did your portal status change to accepted? I deferred my application to Spring 2021. I already have 2 other admissions for that same period but I really want to go to Regina because I want to apply for SINP as well.

Unfortunately you have to pay for the 500 to secure your admission. Make sure to pay before deadline...

ASheraz

Oct 21, 2020
I see! When did your portal status change to accepted? I deferred my application to Spring 2021. I already have 2 other admissions for that same period but I really want to go to Regina because I want to apply for SINP as well.

Unfortunately you have to pay for the 500 to secure your admission. Make sure to pay before deadline...
What is SINP? My admission is valid for one year upto sept 2021.last month they send me acceptance.

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
What is SINP? My admission is valid for one year upto sept 2021.last month they send me acceptance.
SINP - Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program. It's for the federal skilled workers stream for PR application. If nominated by the province you'll get points in your Express entry (or occupation in demand if you don't have an EE profile).

Attending varsity in SK will give you extra points for the nomination program that's why I want to go uRegina.

As for your visa application, I reckon you are late for jan intake now? Better to defer till Spring 2021 so you have enough time - assuming you haven't applied yet.

ASheraz

Oct 21, 2020
Yes i am thinking for spring or autumn intake next year but through non sds.which program you got admission?