+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Bluegold

Aug 2, 2014
Tatyana, walfare assistance from the goverment means when you do not have a job and depend completely on the government to support you financially. Or when you ask the goverment for money because you do not have a job. This is not a good sign to immigration, therefore they ask you when you go for an interview.

Hope it helps ;)

tatyana_sh28 said:
Hi,
Congratulations.
May I ask you, what did you mean by "welfare assistance"? Employment Insurance?
Thank you

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
AIP: September 26
Bluegold said:
Tatyana, walfare assistance from the goverment means when you do not have a job and depend completely on the government to support you financially. Or when you ask the goverment for money because you do not have a job. This is not a good sign to immigration, therefore they ask you when you go for an interview.

Hope it helps ;)
Hi.
Yes, thank you for your reply. I was just not sure about what kind of welfare assistance you can receive from the government.
And I knew before that it is the worst you can apply for (as an immigrant) if you are unemployed.
In my case, I support myself financially alone, not relying on any welfare assistance from the government, until I get Open Work Permit.
Bluegold, is GST/HST benefits (when you file T4) considered a sort of welfare assistance too or not?

Bluegold

Aug 2, 2014
GST is not considered a sort of welfare assistance. The goverment only returns the money to people who are low income.

tatyana_sh28 said:
Hi.
Yes, thank you for your reply. I was just not sure about what kind of welfare assistance you can receive from the government.
And I knew before that it is the worst you can apply for (as an immigrant) if you are unemployed.
In my case, I support myself financially alone, not relying on any welfare assistance from the government, until I get Open Work Permit.
Bluegold, is GST/HST benefits (when you file T4) considered a sort of welfare assistance too or not?

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
Bluegold said:
GST is not considered a sort of welfare assistance. The goverment only returns the money to people who are low income.
Oh, so I guess, live-in caregivers are eligible to receive GST/HST credits depending on the income...

Bluegold

Aug 2, 2014
You are right, Tatyana! Live-in caregivers and other low income people receive their GST return at least 3 times a year. I do receive it from time to time. It is always a check made by the government with the amount of $ 70 to 100 dollars.

tatyana_sh28 said:
Oh, so I guess, live-in caregivers are eligible to receive GST/HST credits depending on the income...

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
Vhen said:
My dependants (husband and son ) had their medicals august 19 in baguio jpaulianne.
We are really on the same timeline.
Yap one of the highlighted on the checklist is the cenomar.

My husband requested at the nso office and they gave advisory of marriage.

Share ur timeline whenever u got changer or news on ur ecas..
Thanks and godbless.
Yay, i feel like we are twins, i also have husband and son as my dependants..where u from here? Me, i lived here at Spruce Grove, AB..is a city located 11km west of Edmonton..i hope your just nearby, so we can meet up. I am so excited for three of US(you, me and Amaechidez)., maybe co'z we'r all on same processing time..God know's how much we work hard to get this to happen and also to everyone here! Congrats and goodluck! :p

Amaechidez

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jpaulianne said:
Yay, i feel like we are twins, i also have husband and son as my dependants..where u from here? Me, i lived here at Spruce Grove, AB..is a city located 11km west of Edmonton..i hope your just nearby, so we can meet up. I am so excited for three of US(you, me and Amaechidez)., maybe co'z we'r all on same processing time..God know's how much we work hard to get this to happen and also to everyone here! Congrats and goodluck! :p
Are your dependants in the Philippines also being processed here in CIC-Vegreville? How long do u think the medical result is being forwarded to CIC? Btw, I'm from Vancouver, BC..

cjld

Sep 16, 2010
looney said:
Congratulations!!!!....
Last (and happy) update: received PR on August 22...so entire process took around 3 months (sent in completed application around May 12 and CIC received it on May 15. Can't believe process was so quick...only received open work permit in early August. CIC website said 39 months for PR. PR interview questions were straight forward: similar to the ones in the application. Good luck to others.

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
cjld said:
Last (and happy) update: received PR on August 22...so entire process took around 3 months (sent in completed application around May 12 and CIC received it on May 15. Can't believe process was so quick...only received open work permit in early August. CIC website said 39 months for PR. PR interview questions were straight forward: similar to the ones in the application. Good luck to others.
Wow!! **Congratulations**!!

dipkaur

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Hi friends,
I m so happy to all who got there pr in less time of period :p
I send my pr application on 4 july2014 they received on 7 july
I got email from cic on 7 aug about my confirmation of application ...I hope AIR coming soon
;)

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
dipkaur said:
Hi friends,
I m so happy to all who got there pr in less time of period :p
I send my pr application on 4 july2014 they received on 7 july
I got email from cic on 7 aug about my confirmation of application ...I hope AIR coming soon
;)
I am waiting for the same now...got AOR on August 15. :)