+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Yen27

Jun 18, 2014
nees said:
i just got email from stating my application is completes and local office will contact me further.
and ask to pay $490.
what does it mean.
anybody knows is it good news..
are u a single applicant? That means your application is approved. You have to pay $490 for the landing fee and just wait for an interview. :) congrats!

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Okay got an email with an attached file that CIC approved first part of my application. I guess that's the AIP?
: )

Yen27

Jun 18, 2014
cfbebe said:
Okay got an email with an attached file that CIC approved first part of my application. I guess that's the AIP?
: )
hi cfbebe! Are u single applicant or married? When did u submit your application? Thanks!

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Hi there,
I m single applicant and CIC received my application March 3d 2014.
Received my Open Work Permit May 21st.

The email says "it has been determined that you meet the elegibility requirements to apply for permanent residence.
However a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met."

So I guess now they ll check my medical and police certificates???

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
cfbebe said:
Hi there,

The email says "it has been determined that you meet the elegibility requirements to apply for permanent residence.
However a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met."

Hi cfbebe, do we need to undergo medical examination? Or just the family members (if married) outside canada? Im confused some people told me, the principle applicant inside canada doesn't need to undergo med exam if under LCP program.. ;)

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
marynanu said:
Congrats cfbebe! Oh my God, you got your email only 2 months later :eek: ? Because I started to worry about mine. I submitted on the 5th of May and I'm still waiting for confirmation by email!
Hi marynanu, i guess we are both in the same timeline, u'r just ahead of 1 day! I wish a very goodluck for both of us! May i ask you? Are you a single or married applicant? Please let me know if there is any good news in your papers, i would love to know about it. thanks :D

jel

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
cfbebe said:
Hi there,

Hi cfbebe. You are from which province? I also want to ask if your ECAS already changed. Because I am confused with my application. I am
from Alberta. CIC received mine on Dec 3,2013. And then on June 16,2014 it says my application is in process. But til now I didn't receive any email from CIC. So I don't know if I am already approved in principle. I phoned CIC and one agent told me I am already approved and the other one said I am not and told me I should first wait for the email from Vegreville.

whyv15

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
hi everyone,

I have a question again did you guys apply for an extention first before processing the OWP/PR? coz I have a friend advised me to apply an extention first just incase,,,and once we apply the OWP/PR it should be combine together or we need to apply for OWP and the PR will follow? sorry for asking lots of questions,,,i just want to know guys and what would be the right month to prepare all the papers just to be ready,,,thanks al lot

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
whyv15 said:
hi everyone,

I have a question again did you guys apply for an extention first before processing the OWP/PR? coz I have a friend advised me to apply an extention first just incase,,,and once we apply the OWP/PR it should be combine together or we need to apply for OWP and the PR will follow? sorry for asking lots of questions,,,i just want to know guys and what would be the right month to prepare all the papers just to be ready,,,thanks al lot
If you are working for the same employer when you apply for your PR then you dont need to apply for an extension. BUT at the time that your application is in process and you havent received your OWP you will not be covered with the provincial health care. If you plan to apply for an extension apply an extension first then. What i did even if i am working with the same employer i still did applied for an extension of my WP so i will not be out of status. You can start your paper works like filling out a sample of all the forms and documents you needed 6 months before you apply for PR. Print the forms for final submission a week before you plan to submit it in case there will be a modification or updates on the guiidelines and forms. You will need to apply your OWP together with your PR application.

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
So I sent my PR application on June 2, online tracking said it was delivered the following day. Until now, I haven't receive any correspondence, either by mail,email nor any info from cic's client application status. I'm getting restless and worried:( I hope everything's alright. Keeping my fingers crossed..