Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
thabks freedomsong. with this experience, i'm starting to doubt their reliability. but things happen for a reason, right?it may not be favorable but I believe God has his own timing of granting our heart's desires.
@cutepinay:see you in fb soon!
fighting!!!c",)

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
natsy said:
thabks freedomsong. with this experience, i'm starting to doubt their reliability. but things happen for a reason, right?it may not be favorable but I believe God has his own timing of granting our heart's desires.
@ cutepinay:see you in fb soon!
fighting!!!c",)

yes natsy i am including them in my prayers that everything will be okay na .. i cant wait to have my visa and my passport ..so i cant book my flight ... haysss
yup thanks natsy

and thanks freedomsong for encouraging us god bless you :)

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
Hi all how are you been off here for a while but you all have been in my thoughts and prayers...Congrats to all who got open recently :)

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Hi fellow live-in caregivers,
Please share your experience when you were preparing to apply for PR/OWP.
I am gathering the documents required to apply for PR and OWP under live-in caregiver program. I have some questions:
1. Do I need to provide double copies of passport pages as PR and OWP document checklists asks for this document?
2. In the Generic application for Canada, question 4: Immigration Office requested for processing this application. Do I type the name of the city/town near where I live where there is a local immigration office? I live near Kelowna, BC.
3. Which copy of the employment contract should I provide? The initial contract that was submitted to HRSDC, the latest contract that is still valid or both?
4. Can I pay the fees for PR and OWP in one receipt? $550 + $150 = $700?
5. I don't have any dependants, do I still need to print the Personal Details section in Generic application form and leave it blank?
6. Question 10 in Generic application:
Current country of residence : Canada
From: Do I type the date when I started working ? To: Do I type the date when my work permit expires?
7. Which application form should I fill out for OWP?
Thank you in advance for anyone who responds to my questions.

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
dna said:
I am gathering the documents required to apply for PR and OWP under live-in caregiver program. I have some questions:
1. Do I need to provide double copies of passport pages as PR and OWP document checklists asks for this document? as of me i followed both the checklist for PR and OWP checklist so i make 2 copies one for PR and one for OWP theres nothing wrong if they only need one atleast just to make sure
2. In the Generic application for Canada, question 4: Immigration Office requested for processing this application.mine i put NA but after searching you can put on what visa office are you going to send your application which is in CPC Vegreville
Do I type the name of the city/town near where I live where there is a local immigration office? I live near Kelowna, BC.
3. Which copy of the employment contract should I provide? The initial contract that was submitted to HRSDC, the latest contract that is still valid or both?send both as this will act as a proof of your 2 years of work as LIC
4. Can I pay the fees for PR and OWP in one receipt? $550 + $150 = $700? yes you can
5. I don't have any dependants, do I still need to print the Personal Details section in Generic application form and leave it blank? if you dont have dependents you can remove that section
From: Do I type the date when I started working ?yes To: Do I type the date when my work permit expires?yes
7. Which application form should I fill out for OWP?same form you used for renewal of work permit i believe its IMM 5710 and write open work permit on top of it also there is a section there that you can choose Open WOrk permit

CanadaLand

Sep 11, 2012
3. Which copy of the employment contract should I provide? The initial contract that was submitted to HRSDC, the latest contract that is still valid or both?send both as this will act as a proof of your 2 years of work as LIC
Hi cutepinay and for those who can help,

For the above question, which for my situation is that I obtained my work permit under my first employer. However, before I start to work on my first day, my first employer, the father and mother, decided to spilt up and divorced. Therefore, they did not want to hire me. That's mean I have zero working hours with them, basically did not work with them at all. After that, I managed to find a new employer(2nd employer) and re-apply for LMO with 2nd employment contract sent to HRSDC

So in my case:-

1) Do I still need to secure a ROE from my 1st employer ?
2) Do I still need to submit my 1st contract during application for PR after the end of 2 years?

Thank you for your sharing and insight.
God bless!!

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
hi guys! i got my owp yesterday...it was a re-print of my supposed work permit that didn't arrive in the mail...i just mailed it back again today, after renewing my sin, for amendment because the surname was put on my maiden name which is not consistent with my passport...so have your prayers for me please that they may amend it asap and pray that it will arrive in the mail safely and correctly (bearing my married name)...
canadaland, i have answers to your questions, please refer to the other board/topic where you posted it...
God bless us all guys!!!c",)

nicajean26

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
dna said:
1. Do I need to provide double copies of passport pages as PR and OWP document checklists asks for this document?
2. In the Generic application for Canada, question 4: Immigration Office requested for processing this application. Do I type the name of the city/town near where I live where there is a local immigration office? I live near Kelowna, BC.
3. Which copy of the employment contract should I provide? The initial contract that was submitted to HRSDC, the latest contract that is still valid or both?
4. Can I pay the fees for PR and OWP in one receipt? $550 + $150 = $700?
5. I don't have any dependants, do I still need to print the Personal Details section in Generic application form and leave it blank?
From: Do I type the date when I started working ? To: Do I type the date when my work permit expires?
7. Which application form should I fill out for OWP?
HI happy to help you .. wooohh lots of questions to be answered :)
1-you just need a copy of your passport for PR application and one for your OWP as you can see on document checklist.
2-you need to input VEGREVILLE ALBERTA as i know because this is the immigration office that you will process your papers
3-you need both contract of your past and present employer if you are adding the time on your past employer the contract that you signed before applying as a live in caregiver-just photocopy
4-jfor me i paid separately because of the document checklist -not sure if you can pay all and just get one receipt
5-im not sure about this form maybe call the immigration number just to make sure
6-that is right the validity of your work permit is the guide in this question.
7-IMM 5710 do the checklist

i hope this help you. it is better to call the immigration number to make sure if you have doubt they are really kind and helpful.

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Thank you cutepinay and nicajean26 for spending the time to answer my questions. And also to nasty who answered my questions in another thread. God bless you all!

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
to canadaland hello but sorry i dont know what to do on your question i hope natsy answered it :)

dna said:
Thank you cutepinay and nicajean26 for spending the time to answer my questions. And also to nasty who answered my questions in another thread. God bless you all!
your welcome ..if you have any other question just ask us :) we are all on the same boat so lets just help each other :) as others helped us before when we are preparing our papers too God bless everyone :D

yhetteskie

Sep 10, 2011
Hi guys,

I wanted to know who among you passed your application for PR/OWP and OWP was already approved? My timeline is April 3, 2013.. :)

Thanks..

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
CanadaLand said:
Hi cutepinay and for those who can help,

For the above question, which for my situation is that I obtained my work permit under my first employer. However, before I start to work on my first day, my first employer, the father and mother, decided to spilt up and divorced. Therefore, they did not want to hire me. That's mean I have zero working hours with them, basically did not work with them at all. After that, I managed to find a new employer(2nd employer) and re-apply for LMO with 2nd employment contract sent to HRSDC

So in my case:-

1) Do I still need to secure a ROE from my 1st employer ?
2) Do I still need to submit my 1st contract during application for PR after the end of 2 years?

Thank you for your sharing and insight.
God bless!!

Hi Everyone,
I'm submitting PR and OWP application and I have a similar question to the ones i quoted above.
In my case, i am working for the same employer , though i had my work permit extended so got a new contract. My question is since in the Document Checklist for the PR application, it states that i need an ROE from previous employers, does that apply to me in my case?
My employer says i don't need one since i wasn't working for anyone before them.But i need to be sure.
Please is there anyone who was/in in same situation? Can anyone help please?
Thank you.

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
Julsen: ROE are only asked from all previous employers. in your case, since you haven't worked for anyone but your current employer, you don't need ROE...c",)

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
yhetteskie said:
Hi guys,

I wanted to know who among you passed your application for PR/OWP and OWP was already approved? My timeline is April 3, 2013.. :)

Thanks..
if your application for owp has exceeded the processing time, you may call 1-888-2422100 and verify the status of your application...the agent will tell you if your application has been approved, has been sent, etc...good luck!!! c",)

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
March-02-2013, AIP May-16-2014
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014, LC2 Kit rcv'd via reg. mail June 02, 2014
Interview........
Aug 15, 2014 (LC1 Landed)
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 03, 2014 (LC2 PP rcv'd) (LC1 PR Card rcv'd)
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
Hi everyone, so happy for the positive vibes here. Congrats to those who've completed their requirements to file for pr. Congrats natsy on finally receiving your open permit, hope u get back the correction soon. Just to add to what others have posted with regards to the ROE, no you don't need it if you've worked for just one employer. I only had one employer and I did not submit one. A ROE is filed once you leave the job. Keep the good news coming guys. Next step PR. Good luck to us all. :)