+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

niadoj

Jun 6, 2015
Matteo1987 said:
Hey Guys! I finally got approved today !!

Here's my time line

Applied online: June 25th

paid 255 all together

approval : October 15th

on my CIC profile it shows approved and status is closed, but there's no like a document to download. What happens next? Will they mail me the Work Permit at the address I provided them with? Will they also send me a document on my email ?

Thanks a lot !!

You will receive the letter tomorrow. It takes a day to move to the other department so they can do an update on your file an then send the IN CANADA APPROVL LETTER. No more worries for you my friend! Your good to go!

adlmer

Sep 23, 2015
Guys...

It's been 2 yes since I went home. With the time they are taking, I am guessing I will going to home for good by the end of this year when my study permit/visa expires.... I am also in same problem of address change unfortunately. But if it can cause refusal, I would think it best to change address.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually there are no refusals in case of address change..never heard of it...but it might be mailed to your old address(you might loose it) if dont let them know..then you have to struggle for a replacement of your PGWP.. ..
Hope this will help. :)

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
Hi All,
I ave been a follower of this forum as I am one of the applicants with application date : June 10, 2015. The wait has really been long but I got two blank updates (apart from the usual monthly auto-update) in August and Early September. I have the following inquiries and would really appreciate any form of response or assistance.

1. By my application date , I was mandated to pay the full $255 which I did ad received a confirmation of application email and receipts. One of the receipts is a fill-able form which says at the end to print two copies and send one to Citizenship Canada (the means weren't stated)...... The exact words below.

" Please print two copies of this receipt, send one to Citizenship and Immigration Canada and keep one
for your records. Please also note that the payer's name on this receipt does not have to be the same
as the one on the application form. -"

I would be honest, I followed all the instructions on the website/link and didn't see where I was told to send the receipt. I only saw a blank slot for "Optional documents" Having gone through the forum, I recall people uploading receipts so I would like to ask if that was explicitly necessary.

2. Could not uploading or sending the receipt affect the application in a negative way ? ( judging from experience )

3. I would also know how I could go about sending the receipt if need be.

An urgent response would be greatly appreciated. I am getting really desperate here. Thanks to all who have contributed to this forum. I wonder what would have happened to many of us without the knowledge gained here.

niadoj

Jun 6, 2015
Change of address will NOT negatively impact the approval of your PGWP. The letter you receive in your MyCIC account is sufficient for use for job hunting or for proof that you are legally entitled to work in Canada until such time as you able to either (i) replace the missing document or (ii) get the document that was mailed to the old address.

jiajialin92

Aug 12, 2015
hi guys, if i use IMM5476 (Use of a representative) is that means i change my mailing address to the reprensentative?

cuz I'm not in canada right now,I can't go back unless i get pgwp. i just want my girlfriend to contact the CIC asking why my application takes so long.

again, i appiled on MAY 10th....and paid 100 on AUG 12 :mad:

lviva

Feb 4, 2015
nuendo said:
Hi All,
I ave been a follower of this forum as I am one of the applicants with application date : June 10, 2015. The wait has really been long but I got two blank updates (apart from the usual monthly auto-update) in August and Early September. I have the following inquiries and would really appreciate any form of response or assistance.

1. By my application date , I was mandated to pay the full $255 which I did ad received a confirmation of application email and receipts. One of the receipts is a fill-able form which says at the end to print two copies and send one to Citizenship Canada (the means weren't stated)...... The exact words below.

" Please print two copies of this receipt, send one to Citizenship and Immigration Canada and keep one
for your records. Please also note that the payer's name on this receipt does not have to be the same
as the one on the application form. -"

I would be honest, I followed all the instructions on the website/link and didn't see where I was told to send the receipt. I only saw a blank slot for "Optional documents" Having gone through the forum, I recall people uploading receipts so I would like to ask if that was explicitly necessary.

2. Could not uploading or sending the receipt affect the application in a negative way ? ( judging from experience )

3. I would also know how I could go about sending the receipt if need be.

An urgent response would be greatly appreciated. I am getting really desperate here. Thanks to all who have contributed to this forum. I wonder what would have happened to many of us without the knowledge gained here.
Hey,

I applied may 29th and I was prompted to pay the $255 fee at the end of my application. I do nit remember CIC asking us to send the fee receipt to their office separately. If you pay the fee onlind why will they want the receipt sent to them physically?

Stefanovic

Oct 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum. Here is my timeline:

Applied: June 8th
Paid : full fee $255
Monthly: Twice in Aug
PGWP Approval: Still waiting
Mail Delivery: Still waiting
Total Processing Time: Still waiting

I have another question, I am really worried about this, I did not realize but my university did not spell my middle name right. Will that be an issue?

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Chatha94 said:
Hello guys. I am one of those who are waiting for PGWP for a very long time. I have been checking my cic account every 2 hours for more than a month now just to see if i got any update. now i really feel very frustrated and demoralized. I need this permit very badly so could go back home and spend some time with my family coz it has been a long time i haven't seen them. But it seems like the cic does not understand the situation we as applicants have to go through. Congratulations to all those who have received their permits already and m really happy for u guys.
I also wanna know if there is any possible way to leave this country and come back without having any issues without your PGWP as my visa and study permit is already expired since 30th July.
thanks to Jubear for maintaining this threat as this has been a helpful discussion forum to understand whats going on with other fellas...........
Hey chatha94,
I am in the same situation like your's - may be a bit worse then urs. I applied for my PGWP on 16th of May 2015 and I left from canada to return my home country on 12th July, My TRV and Study permit expired on 30th July, I am Now stranded in my Home country for over 3 months now. I contacted CBSA for my POE and re enter Canada on the basis of implied status but they do not have any say on this. They say its all upto CIC please contact them.

tjb2691

Oct 14, 2015
Applied: May 17th
Paid $100: Oct 14th
Blank Update: May7th, July 29th, August 7th
Current Status: Waiting as of October 16th

Wish I would have saw this post earlier, called about the extra $100 payment and was just told I would have to wait until I received an email to pay.

drajay

Oct 8, 2015
Hi something strange has happened. I'm more confused than happy.

As you all know, online applications from May 16th are being processed currently and the total days since application has bumped to 145 days.

I received an update email this morning and on checking myCIC, I surprisingly find that my application has been approved!! Here is my timeline.

Applied: June 25th
Paid : Full fee $255
Update emails: Oct 8th, Oct 16th.
PGWP Approval: Oct 16th [Probably (?)]
Mail Delivery: Still waiting

I am confused as the website says that they are still processing applications from May 16th. Has this happened to anybody else?

I will probably continue like nothing significant has happened, until I receive the actual copy of the permit. I should know very soon if this is a mistake. But if I do receive the permit, then there is hope for many more! I will keep you all posted.

Thank you!

stormsid

Sep 8, 2015
dream_hunter said:
anyone applied paper based around mid june and got their PGWP?

I applied mid june to renew my PGWP for the remaining 1 year that i did not get for my passport validity.
Hi dream_hunter,

Did you get your extended PGWP? I applied for my PGWP extension for the remaining 2 years (due to passport expiry) via paper application on Aug 24th. Paid $255 and included the payment receipt with the application. Based on current processing times on the website, expecting to receive it in mid- December :(

Is there some way to find out whether CIC has received your paper application and get an acknowledgement?

Thanks!

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , If your application is paper based all you can do is check processing times and for application package to see if its recieved track down your package,parcel,courier..etc...Or you can contact the VO but only after if your normal processing time has passed...so hope for the best..good luck
No other option just wait!!! :(

NT2015

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Jubear,

This is my last update. I receive my PGWP today Oct,16.

Applied: May 15th
Paid $100: Sept 21st
Blank Update: Monthly
PGWP Approval: Oct 9th
Mail Delivery: Oct 16th
Total Processing Time: 155 days (From submission to mail delivery)

I has a note: "document issued to passport expiry, must be renewed for further extensions"
My PGWP's length was cut off due to passport expiry. So this mean I can redeem this anytime after I renew my passport ?