+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lapta said:
Toronto 8)
First, Toronto isn't a province. Ontario is your province. Therefore, find the CBSA office that is close to you by Googling for directions. Lastly, read from page 15 onwards of this forum for further info on anything else you may want to know.

Cheers!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Thanks jubear.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
svo said:
Tried to get PGWP and OWP for my spouse a few hours ago at Rainbow bridge Niagara Falls. We both came around 11 pm, waiting for about 1 hour until they start processing us. I have all necessary documents plus letter from my employer proofs that Im working on NOC ), A,B.
The officer was very nice and polite. She check our passports and study permit and then she asked us about insurance. I said that i don't bring my insurance, I left it at home becouse it is not in a CIC list. She said that she tried to search it (I was lucky :-[ she never gave OWP before) and she said that we need insurance. And without insurance she can not process our permits. And she mentioned that permit would be the same leight as the insurance. I tried to argue with her, mentioned that I called CIC and CIBC to verify all documents and CIC is not in the list. But she said it is becouse employee need to have coverage if something happened.
So that basically it. We don't get the permits.
And I checked the CBSA website again there is nothing says about insurance.
So getting Permits with CBSA is literally russian roulette.
Svo,

I suggest you go back home, collect all your insurance information including health cards and any other document you might need. If the CBSA official asked and insisted on wanting to see it, then you must provide it plus anything else they might ask for. I will say this again, it is at the CIC agent's or CBSA agent's discretion to issue you the document you need.

For me I have a simple rule: Every official at CIC or CBSA is doing me a favour to even look at my application and later on process it. My duty is to provide legal convincing documents to prove my eligibility.

I therefore suggest that if you still need your PGWP and SOWP and wish to get it sooner rather than later, compile all required documents again and head for the FP.

Good luck.

Cheers!

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
jubear said:
Svo,

I suggest you get go back home, collect all your insurance information including health cards and any other document you might need. If the CBSA official asked and insisted on wanting to see it, then you must provide it plus anything else they ask for. I will say this again, it as at the CIC agent or CBSA agent's discretion to issue you the document you need.

For me I have simple rule: Every official at CIC or CBSA is doing me favour to even look at my application and later on process it. My duty is to provide legal convincing documents to prove my eligibility.

I therefore suggest that if you still need your PGWP and SOWP and wish to get it sooner than later, compile all required documents and head for the FP.

Good luck.

Cheers!
Does anyone know the downside of Flagpoling? If flagpoling fails, can we use the application we have sent to CIC as back up?

priyaverma

Jul 9, 2015
Hello

I went for flagpole today and was able to get my PGWP for 3 years. The problem now is that I just saw they entered my passport # wrong on permit. They entered my old passport # and issued with a new UCI. I won't be able to apply for TRV now since it won't match to my current passport#.

What should I do in this case?

Thanks!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priyaverma said:
Hello

I went for flagpole today and was able to get my PGWP for 3 years. The problem now is that I just saw they entered my passport # wrong on permit. They entered my old passport # and issued with a new UCI. I won't be able to apply for TRV now since it won't match to my current passport#.

What should I do in this case?

Thanks!
Priyaverma,

Find out about Document Amendment here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5218ETOC.asp

I also encourage you to head back to the border office with all your documents again and see IF they can change it right away. Explain calmly and clearly what the issue is. Don't forget your receipts. The officer should be able to explain to you why he/she recorded it that way but still gave you a 3-year PGWP.

I say that because CIC only corrects (amends) errors in the following personal information:

Family name
Given name(s)
Date of birth
Place of birth
Country of birth
Citizenship
Sex
Marital status
Date or original entry
Date of landing

Good luck.

Cheers!

priyaverma

Jul 9, 2015
Hi Jubear,

Thanks alot for your help.

Will they let me enter CBSA and process my application w/o visiting US?
Also, do I need to go today or I can try it on weekend now?

Thanks!!!

rajeev12

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Can you guys confirm if the US visa is needed for flagpoling? I don't have a US visa but would really like to flagpole and avoid the long wait times for my PGWP.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priyaverma said:
Hi Jubear,

Thanks alot for your help.

Will they let me enter CBSA and process my application w/o visiting US?
Also, do I need to go today or I can try it on weekend now?

Thanks!!!
Yes, you will definitely be allowed to enter the CBSA offices. No, you don't need to cross anymore. If I was in your shoes, I would head back tomorrow morning and arrive there between 7:00am and 9:00am. Its less busy. Secondly, the longer you wait the more complicated it might get. A lot of people come in and go. Go back tomorrow morning because the agents will quickly remember your face and help you when they are not busy. Its safer and you have nothing to lose.

Good luck.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeev12 said:
Can you guys confirm if the US visa is needed for flagpoling? I don't have a US visa but would really like to flagpole and avoid the long wait times for my PGWP.
Rajeev12,

No, you don't need a visa.

I'm sure you've read the previous threads. If not, peruse through from page 15 and onwards of this forum to see the documents you might need.

Good luck.

Cheers!

tonero

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
IELTS Request
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2016
LANDED..........
18-07-2016
Can i Flag Pole for Residence Visa?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonero said:
Can i Flag Pole for Residence Visa?
Tonero,

No you can't. You can only apply for the new TRV by paper or online. After you receive your PGWP or if its approved, you can then apply for a new TRV as a worker.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

svo

Jun 21, 2013
jubear said:
Svo,

I suggest you go back home, collect all your insurance information including health cards and any other document you might need. If the CBSA official asked and insisted on wanting to see it, then you must provide it plus anything else they might ask for. I will say this again, it is at the CIC agent's or CBSA agent's discretion to issue you the document you need.

For me I have a simple rule: Every official at CIC or CBSA is doing me a favour to even look at my application and later on process it. My duty is to provide legal convincing documents to prove my eligibility.

I therefore suggest that if you still need your PGWP and SOWP and wish to get it sooner rather than later, compile all required documents again and head for the FP.

Good luck.

Cheers!
You are absolutely right. But the only one problem in my case. She clearly said to us that our permits would be valid until our health insurance is valid. So to get 3 years PGWP + SWOP I would need to pay around $2400 (my last insurance cost me around 400 per year) to show her insurance for 3 years.
The only way for me is to try to cheat the system like to get an insurance, got permits and void insurance.

ssas

Jul 13, 2015
evanstp9 said:
Firstly, if you applied for both applications at the same time, I must tell you that your wife's will probably be rejected, as your PGWP does not entitles her for OWP.
If you have a skilled job, NOC O,A, or B, then you can apply for her OWP, using the offer of employment/job offer letter, AND a paystub, the most recent one.
Thanks for your response evanstp9!
I do have a skilled job (NOC A) and I included my offer letter along with the application. At the time of application I wasn't working, so did not have any pay stubs. Do you still think they'll reject my wife's SOWP? Did you face a similar situation.

Do you recommend both of us should go for Flagpoling. We are in Montreal.

Thanks in advance!