+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Less then 12 months experience?

ucanisplus

Aug 3, 2023
Hello there, I've already got my IELTS and ECA but just came upon a big obstacle on my file that I didn't notice before. My apprenticeship experience is actually 11 months and 3 days not exactly 12 months. Since it was 35 hours I thought it would be ok since they mentioned minimum 1560 hours but now I saw that they don't care if it's above 30 hours or not. So I guess this experience doesn't count at all? Isn't there a chance for them to accept it, like I don't know, if my manager tells that it was 12 months although my contract is, like I said 11 months and 3 days because at this point I'm desperate... Thank you in advance...

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello there, I've already got my IELTS and ECA but just came upon a big obstacle on my file that I didn't notice before. My apprenticeship experience is actually 11 months and 3 days not exactly 12 months. Since it was 35 hours I thought it would be ok since they mentioned minimum 1560 hours but now I saw that they don't care if it's above 30 hours or not. So I guess this experience doesn't count at all? Isn't there a chance for them to accept it, like I don't know, if my manager tells that it was 12 months although my contract is, like I said 11 months and 3 days because at this point I'm desperate... Thank you in advance...
Have you received an ITA? If not, you've another 27 days to complete 12 months.

Even if you got an ITA, you've 60 days to submit your application and you can wait till 27 days to finish 12 months and submit the PR application after it.

ucanisplus

Aug 3, 2023
Have you received an ITA? If not, you've another 27 days to complete 12 months.

Even if you got an ITA, you've 60 days to submit your application and you can wait till 27 days to finish 12 months and submit the PR application after it.
Hey mate thank you for your answer, but I'm talking about a past experience it's already finished a year ago. I've read in this and another forum that some people were able to get an approval with as short as 10 months but 50 hours of work with a consulting lawyer and providing and explanation letter. I've cancelled my ITA application after I found about this but what do you think shall I go for it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This will not count as a year of work experience. It will count as 11 months. You can add it as foreign work experience but make sure you only count this as 11 months of foreign work experience and not a full year.

To count a year of work experience, you must have 52 separate weeks where you worked at least 30 hours per week. You cannot use extra hours worked to make up the missing weeks. So while you worked more than 30 hours per week, this is still only 11 months of work experience and not 12.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey mate thank you for your answer, but I'm talking about a past experience it's already finished a year ago. I've read in this and another forum that some people were able to get an approval with as short as 10 months but 50 hours of work with a consulting lawyer and providing and explanation letter. I've cancelled my ITA application after I found about this but what do you think shall I go for it?
IRCC will not accept 10 months of work with 50 hours a week as a year of work experience. A letter from a lawyer will not help. The only way someone managed to do this was through lying in their application and saying they worked longer than they did. Lying about your work experience puts you at risk of misrepresentation and a 5 year ban from Canada.

ucanisplus

Aug 3, 2023
IRCC will not accept 10 months of work with 50 hours a week as a year of work experience. A letter from a lawyer will not help. The only way someone managed to do this was through lying in their application and saying they worked longer than they did. Lying about your work experience puts you at risk of misrepresentation and a 5 year ban from Canada.
Thank you very much for your answers. I saw these comments that they've managed to do it in forum sites so I guess they're open to mischief but I don't know why someone lies to other candidates that they've managed it. But wouldn't you agree that it's misleading on the IRCC's site mentioning repeatedly that one needs to complete 1560 hours and that's the most important thing and only mentioning once that they won't accept over 30 hours jobs. I for example missed that sentence and it ruined all of my plans, I may have to pay for a different Ielts now etc. So, I thought since it's a short period of missing days maybe they would accept it if it at least covers the necessary hours. But you're saying that it's completely impossible correct?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you very much for your answers. I saw these comments that they've managed to do it in forum sites so I guess they're open to mischief but I don't know why someone lies to other candidates that they've managed it. But wouldn't you agree that it's misleading on the IRCC's site mentioning repeatedly that one needs to complete 1560 hours and that's the most important thing and only mentioning once that they won't accept over 30 hours jobs. I for example missed that sentence and it ruined all of my plans, I may have to pay for a different Ielts now etc. So, I thought since it's a short period of missing days maybe they would accept it if it at least covers the necessary hours. But you're saying that it's completely impossible correct?
In my opinion the rules are quite clear. You have to meet both the 1,560 hour requirement, as well as having 12 months of experience. I think the rules are quite clear to most people here. It's up to applicants to make sure they read the criteria / rules closely and understand them. It's up to you if you try applying with insufficient experience.

ucanisplus

Aug 3, 2023
In my opinion the rules are quite clear. You have to meet both the 1,560 hour requirement, as well as having 12 months of experience. I think the rules are quite clear to most people here. It's up to applicants to make sure they read the criteria / rules closely and understand them. It's up to you if you try applying with insufficient experience.
I see, although I still think that they need to emphasise it more because, like I said someone might miss that one sentence among all the calculations of hours. Anyway thank you for your time and concern, I guess I have to apply to positions now and work for a year. My last question to you, if you please; does the country of work matters to IRCC, either legally or as a result of some unspoken biase or something, I'm asking this because I experienced this kind of thing before, for example if I would get a job in an arabian country for example UAE, would the immigration officers give me a hard time to accept it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I see, although I still think that they need to emphasise it more because, like I said someone might miss that one sentence among all the calculations of hours. Anyway thank you for your time and concern, I guess I have to apply to positions now and work for a year. My last question to you, if you please; does the country of work matters to IRCC, either legally or as a result of some unspoken biase or something, I'm asking this because I experienced this kind of thing before, for example if I would get a job in an arabian country for example UAE, would the immigration officers give me a hard time to accept it?
The country is irrelevant.