+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Less PGWP

Nov 12, 2019
My question is i did 2 years post graduate study but i got only 1 year PGWP what i need to do get 3 years PGWP . I have completion letter from college stating i did 2 year program and letter of acceptance stating program length. so kindly suggest how i can amend the decison or i need to reapply

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My question is i did 2 years post graduate study but i got only 1 year PGWP what i need to do get 3 years PGWP . I have completion letter from college stating i did 2 year program and letter of acceptance stating program length. so kindly suggest how i can amend the decison or i need to reapply
When does your passport expire?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You should call them and explain.

Nov 12, 2019
Did you complete the studies in an accelerated manner? How many hours of study?
we have schedule break in summer and its up to student to take that break or not . So i didnt took any break and completed my studies in 4 semester out of which 3 semester were fulltime and fourth one was part time

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
we have schedule break in summer and its up to student to take that break or not . So i didnt took any break and completed my studies in 4 semester out of which 3 semester were fulltime and fourth one was part time
So you might have correctly been given one year then, you should still call and try though.

Note: If the officer notes that the duration of studies was shorter than the duration of the program, as indicated in the letter confirming the completion of the program of study, and the program was not completed in an accelerated form, the post‑graduation work permit may be issued in accordance with the duration of studies. For example, if the applicant undertook classes for a period of 12 months, not in an accelerated form, but their degree notes that it is a 2‑year degree, the post-graduation work permit may be issued for 12 months, in accordance with the duration of their studies.

Reactions: k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The question of "why did everyone else who did it the way I did it get something different" only counts if *everyone* completed early and graduated early. Then it's worth noting that it's a visa officer level decision.