+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving the country mid express entry application?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I am about to submit my application for PR but I would be traveling to USA or Canada after that on a visit visa for a few months. Is it possible for me to get my PR Visa stamped from Canada or USA after I receive my PPR? Do I really need to be back in my home country where I submitted the application from? Would really appreciate a response.
Yes, you can ask CIC to change your visa office after your get your PPR. If you're in the US or Canada, you'll ask them to change it to Ottawa.

kabeerkhan

Jul 9, 2017
Yes, you can ask CIC to change your visa office after your get your PPR. If you're in the US or Canada, you'll ask them to change it to Ottawa.
I want to be in Canada and get used to the country and culture as I already have TRV. So needed to make sure. Do I need to inform CIC before my traveling or after I get an AOR?

kukorfely

Jan 23, 2018
Hi everyone! I have a similar question:
I have applied for Permanent Residency under the Express Entry program while living in the Netherlands. I submitted my application on 2 January 2018, it is currently processed and I already received my UCI number.
In the next few weeks, I would like to travel to Canada to visit my boyfriend for two months with my Hungarian passport and eTA. I would like to know what happens if I receive the passport request (PPR) while I am in Canada. Do I have to return to the Netherlands/Hungary and send in my passport from there to the IRCC office in Vienna or can I change my address to a Canadian one and send the passport to the local IRCC office?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
hey guys, so I sent an email to update my address as I had to leave the country while my application was being processed.

I am not sure how to go into my cic account and check if they were able to change the address and I can see people around the time i submitted my application getting requests for PPR.

Can someone let me know how I am able to make sure that my address was updated in my cic account?
How did it go? I would like to know if any of you had to submit a new PCC once you left the country where you started the application from.

Aiwilo

Oct 1, 2018
Hi guys!
I am on implied status in Canada right now. I am going to submit my EE aplication from inside But i am leaving country Nov. 26 so I need confirmation about country of residence. For me clearly is my home country even though i will be travelling before going back home, am I right?
Second, i am going to have an extra stamp in my passport(from Mexico) after submission. DO I need to update cic about it?
Thanks in advance

satish6529

May 2, 2017
Hi. I have submitted EE application from India a week back. Now I am planning to go to another country for a short stay. Do I have to inform CIC about this?

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
PPR is Passport Request from CIC. they will only issue that when they have approved your PR application.

basically, when applying PR, you can choose to apply from inside OR outside of Canada. Assuming you are applying from inside of Canada, you will be notified at a certain stage if your application is approved, hence you give get a PPR (Passport Request). you will need to mail CIC your Passport for them to issue the PR (appending something to the Passport if I am not mistaken), then they will mail it back to your address.

this will be different if you chose to apply from outside of Canada, in which you will be mailing your Passport to the nearest local Canada Immigration office around your location in the world (again, I am assuming this would be the case).

So I'd like to gain visibility on how it would be when I first applied for PR inside Canada, then leave the country half-way, then my application got approved, how would I deal with the PPR?

Thanks guys for your replies.
Am in a similar situation now and wanted to know how you dealt with it?

Is it better to submit the EE profile outside the country if for sure we know we will move out while the EE is in queue?

Any issues if we submit the EE profile while in Canada and then move to USA and complete the rest of the formalities?